International Open

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3-pt rule is really hurting some players. And it’s just bad luck when it’s noncompliant. I think they need to bring back the radar gun.
There is still an event left using that dumb ass misguided "rule"? Glad I didn't bother watching the 9 ball.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
3-pt rule is really hurting some players. And it’s just bad luck when it’s noncompliant. I think they need to bring back the radar gun.
Yeah. Shane was hitting em hard in his match against Albin and got dinged a few times. I liked the “refs discretion” rule.

VVP

Registered
Yes, I am beginning to dislike the 3 points rule. I believe it cost Shane his match. He was breaking good getting 1 ball in and collisions sometime prevent 2 balls from crossing the head string. I believe this happened about 3 times for Shane. Dennis also started the finals with a non-compliant break.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Referee blunder:

Orcollo won the lag, so he was breaking the odd-numbered games and Ouschan the even-numbered games. That was observed for the first 14 games. So Ouschan broke in Game 14 and won it, to take a 9-5 lead. Then Ouschan broke again in Game 15 and made the 9-ball on the break, to take the lead to 10-5. While it is unlikely that this mistake affected the outcome of the match, that is certainly possible.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Referee blunder:

Orcollo won the lag, so he was breaking the odd-numbered games and Ouschan the even-numbered games. That was observed for the first 14 games. So Ouschan broke in Game 14 and won it, to take a 9-5 lead. Then Ouschan broke again in Game 15 and made the 9-ball on the break, to take the lead to 10-5. While it is unlikely that this mistake affected the outcome of the match, that is certainly possible.
If Dennis won the lag he would be breaking in the even numbered games, starting with 0-0.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Albin had to defeat Joshus Filler, Mika Immomen, Shane VB and Dennis Orcollo in his final four matches to win this tournament. That's a pretty good resume right there. Albin Ouschan is a very deserving champion and this victory only adds to his growing list of big wins. He is a great representative for our sport and carries himself like the champion he is. Bravo Albin!