Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have nothing to apologize far. You are allowed to use the Pentagon as an example of conspiracy theories. You were NOT advocating the theory at all, just mentioning that folks do it all the time. It was just his was of reminding you he knew someone there as if we care.

So, I guess Lou thinks we can't mention WTC because LOTS of folks worked with people there. Or JFK because someone worked with the driver of the Lincoln. When does it stop?

Your post is spot on.

Anyone....I mean anyone has the right to discuss anything they want (within reason).

Being a paper pusher is not looked upon as "serving one's country".... and it sure as hell don't mean anything to someone that actually did get his hands dirty while doing so.

Then again, you have to remember that some have a great need to see themselves as being much more than they actually are or...ever was.

When it comes to such people, the lesser the person, the more out they are to do it.

Jeff

Reactions: KRJ

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I would be interested in what is in the NDA contains, I hope he allows you to review it. What could he be protecting? ...

I think it is possible that John doesn't want any viewers recording the video as they watch it. Beyond that, no.

About it being an edited video used at the showings -- that could be. The run itself was reported as taking 4 hours and 3 minutes. The showings surely have some Q&A and other things in addition to just the video. So with the showing event scheduled for just 4 hours, the video used may be shortened in some way. But the notion some people have that a video of the full run does not exist (e.g., not recording until he reached 200), is silly. John "proof watched" the full video to confirm that no scoring error had been made. Doug Desmond took an unedited video to the BCA.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's my public contact info including my paypal account if that would be easier:

http://www.sfbilliards.com/Misc/bob_address.html

As for the extra drink, I better make it an espresso or two. Four hours of pool video?
Checks in the mail

Good luck with that 4 hours.
I have seen some of Johns earlier straight pool videos and I thought they were well done and very informative. I hope the event is enjoyable

I believe the run is legit, he worked very hard to reach that goal and because he easily runs hundreds, the 626 just seemed to inevitable.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand what is happening with bob's entry fee, but I want in.

Is it fully covered and if so, by whom was it?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So despite his protestations, Lou is in the black helicopter crowd after all.

No, that’s not it at all.

What it is is that I have watched worldpro run balls, interact with other pool fans, and have exchanged PMs with him. And if he is saying something I am not going to discount it.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your post is spot on.

Anyone....I mean anyone has the right to discuss anything they want (within reason).

Being a paper pusher is not looked upon as "serving one's country".... and it sure as hell don't mean anything to someone that actually did get his hands dirty while doing so.

Then again, you have to remember that some have a great need to see themselves as being much more than they actually are or...ever was.

When it comes to such people, the lesser the person, the more out they are to do it.

Jeff

I guess the four years I spent underground holding the keys to ten ICBMs doesn’t count.

You probably don’t care about my forward deployments with an F-16 squadron either.

Lou Figueroa
tough crowd

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess the four years I spent underground holding the keys to ten ICBMs doesn’t count.

You probably don’t care about my forward deployments with an F-16 squadron either.

Lou Figueroa
tough crowd

When a soldier serves, he's not serving his family, friends or anyone particular. He is serving and protecting everyone as a whole and he for sure will NEVER try to use it in a Selfserveing manner........no way, no how.

Sure, there are some that do, then again...that tells everyone all they need to know about that person.

Jeff

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When a soldier serves, he's not serving his family, friends or anyone particular. He is serving and protecting everyone as a whole and he for sure will NEVER try to use it in a Selfserveing manner........no way, no how.

Sure, there are some that do, then again...that tells everyone all they need to know about that person.

Jeff

You just did, soldier.

Lou Figueroa

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone questioned John running over 400 balls (Mr. 400)?

If he can run 400, he is certainly capable of 600+.

I believe he did it and I think some of the doubters throwing NDA bull shite on the fire only discredits their argument.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmm... More than adult beverages.

Small Plates
  • Avocado Ahi Poke Stack
  • Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates Stuffed with Blue Cheese and wrapped with bacon
  • Beet and Goat Cheese Stack
  • Cheeseburger Sliders (3) Three Mini Sliders Paired with your Favorite Toppings
  • Fried Calamari Served with Marinara Sauce
  • Stuffed Italian Mushrooms Mix of Italian seasonings filled with Italian sausage and cheeses
  • Baked Meatballs Parmesan (3) Homemade meatballs covered with marinara sauce then topped with melted Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
  • Taco Trio (3)
If someone buys my show ticket and a few small plates and an adult beverage or two, I'll attend and report back.:groucho:
I'll take care of the airfare -- it's way down almost to the bottom of the state -- with all the points I have saved up.

I will send you $50 to get in if someone else is willing to pay for food and drinks. Let me know.

Sounds good to me. I think $40 is reasonable for the food and drinks. Anyone in for $40?
(I saw on the ticket website that there is a two-item minimum from the venue, but in four hours I think I can handle more than that.)

Here's my public contact info including my paypal account if that would be easier:

http://www.sfbilliards.com/Misc/bob_address.html

As for the extra drink, I better make it an espresso or two. Four hours of pool video?

Well, I was going to pitch in as well but it looks like you're covered. I'll save my $50 for the admission to the Jewett Tour in which you travel the country to describe in words The Run.

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone questioned John running over 400 balls (Mr. 400)?

If he can run 400, he is certainly capable of 600+.

I believe he did it and I think some of the doubters throwing NDA bull shite on the fire only discredits their argument.

Well see, that is just not so.

It’s like saying someone who can run 50 can run 100. Or if you can run 100 you can run 200. It doesn’t work that way — the difficulty goes up exponentially. 400 does not automatically get you to 500 much less 600.

Lou Figueroa

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well see, that is just not so.

It’s like saying someone who can run 50 can run 100. Or if you can run 100 you can run 200. It doesn’t work that way — the difficulty goes up exponentially. 400 does not automatically get you to 500 much less 600.

Lou Figueroa

Of course, not automatically a guarantee that 400 gets to 600, but the likelihood/ potential to get there is plainly apparent.

And to allege the difficulty between 50-100 is less than 400-500 is ludicrous.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I was going to pitch in as well but it looks like you're covered. I'll save my $50 for the admission to the Jewett Tour in which you travel the country to describe in words The Run.

I guess I'll save my cheeses for the autographed copy of his spoken tour then.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I guess I'll save my cheeses for the autographed copy of his spoken tour then.
I think I'll pique your interest with a little preview, starting with ball 283:

" ... then the 9 ball in the side with just a little roll forward so with the 13 in the corner he moves the 7 off the 4 and into break position, and then the 11, 2, and 6 along the bottom rail ending on the right side rail to play the 10 up to the head pocket clearing access to the 15 on that same side rail. With all the problems solved, he plays almost a series of stop shots finally floating off the 4 to end with about a 45-degree cut on the 7. There is a brief intermission while the cloth on the rails is changed and a new set of balls is put into service.

The 7 disappears into the corner pocket and the rack splits open like a ripe melon. He begins with the 3 ball into the corner on a stop shot, followed by ...."

If that doesn't pump up sales, I don't know what can.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
tough crowd

How many did you launch?

I was the guy sending you the EAMs. I don't recall anybody launching any missiles.

Were you a F-16 pilot?

Status
Not open for further replies.