Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Bob Jewett said:
"Spoiler alert!

Shot 627 is a miss."

There's some controversy surrounding this as I heard him say on one video that he "just got tired and quit."

At least I think it was him that said that.

No that’s just a myth. What he actually said was that 100 more than Willie is enough, then he smacked into a combo without getting down on the shot, it went in but before the cue ball came to a stop he put his hand out and grabbed it, ending the run in style.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When Bob does not know the rules - u see him make little politicly correct jokes bout conspiracy theorists and such - that is the pattern I see from mr Jewett - kinda sad. This fake news 14.1 debacle were in was not brought on from me, I am only interpreter of social media news - this 626 does genuinely appears to be fake news. NYtimes is not a trusted news source either - just another social media cite - connected to bca.

Wow! Big news.

BCA connected to the New York Times...whodathunkit?

C/o C. Daniel Harriman: the biggest purveyor of fake news found on the Azb...fighting fake news daily, here, now and later.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
People go to the viewing event. Pay $50 for a ticket and then sign an NDA that means if they tell people what they saw they will be fined tens of thousands of dollars. Everyone signs it willingly, of course, because that makes sense.

Then John puts on the video, and says "we skipped a couple hundred balls" and everyone is furious but can't say anything because they know they will lose their livelihood due to the NDA they signed. Even an anonymous post on the Internet can probably be traced back to them, thanks to Area 51.

During the remainder of the run, everyone notices magnets inside the pockets and metallic pool balls being used. Balls seem to accelerate and get pulled into the pockets quickly. Once in awhile Charlie Williams steps into the frame and diverts badly missed balls into pockets.

One time John had a scratch on a break shot but the government sent Goose and Maverick in an F-14 Tomcat to fly by, then turn the plane upside down, reach into the pocket and take the cueball out. Then they gave the finger to a random Russian guy in the pool hall before exiting through the back entrance. Good flying!

To make matter worse, this was going to be reported but the NYTimes and BCA are connected, controlled by Charlie Williams, with help from the government. After everyone in the audience sees the video, they are given a memory wipe like in "Men In Black". Everyone, look into the light.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Wow! Big news.

C/o C. Daniel Harriman: the biggest purveyor of fake news found on the Azb...fighting fake news daily, here, now and later.
And how much coverage have they put out since that one article on a slow news day? If they are in the BCA's pocket they suck at propaganda spreading.

Sent from the future.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not a fan of Schmidt. I am not a nut-hugger.

Do I think he did it? Yep, I do.

Danny, like you, I think Schmidt is a huge fan and player of straight pool. I am sorry you and John weren't born 75 years ago, when it was huge, and now it is just an afterthought.

My other advice is unless you have proof otherwise, I wouldn't go down the path of Schmidt not doing it.

Believe whatever you want to believe, but again, without proof otherwise, John did it.

Ken

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member

Danny, like you, I think Schmidt is a huge fan and player of straight pool. I am sorry you and John weren't born 75 years ago, when it was huge, and now it is just an afterthought.

My other advice is unless you have proof otherwise, I wouldn't go down the path of Schmidt not doing it.

Believe whatever you want to believe, but again, without proof otherwise, John did it.

Ken

Yet, without verifiable proof that he did it, he did it. Can't have it both ways.

Was it achieved fair and square also?

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no horse in this battle, but ill give my opinion anyway, even though I don't care much about 14.1

Sorry straight pool fans.

From this thread, I gathered two things.

1) John's 424 run back in 2018 was not legit, he touched the 7 ball which is a foul, at approx 21min of the video, so therefore the run doesn't count.

2) John's 600'ish something run is not published to the public, we don't know if he did it or not, we can't view the evidence, still waiting.....

Am I missing something else?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No that’s just a myth. What he actually said was that 100 more than Willie is enough, then he smacked into a combo without getting down on the shot, it went in but before the cue ball came to a stop he put his hand out and grabbed it, ending the run in style.
If true, sounds like he ended the run with a foul, and the run should have been 625. Only if you let the cue ball come to a complete stop before touching it would the run have been 626. You either follow the strict rules of 14.1 or you don’t. Makes you wonder what other rules he fudged on?

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
If true, sounds like he ended the run with a foul, and the run should have been 625. Only if you let the cue ball come to a complete stop before touching it would the run have been 626. You either follow the strict rules of 14.1 or you don’t. Makes you wonder what other rules he fudged on?

No no see here he made the legit 626 shot and found himself facing a combo. Super tough but he knew it would go no problem, but he was tired and felt like getting some food and celebrating a bit etc etc.

So he proclaims that the run will end at 100 over. He tries to miss the combo but just can’t, and he’d already called it since it just came naturally. So thinking quick he reached out and grabbed the cue ball that was literally a quarter turn from stopping dead and completing a legal shot. Reflexes of a cat, speed of a mongoose.

So it went down like that of course

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! Big news.

So, if the BCA is in bed with the NYT, I guess that means AZB is in bed with FOXnews.

Hmmm.....

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No no see here he made the legit 626 shot and found himself facing a combo. Super tough but he knew it would go no problem, but he was tired and felt like getting some food and celebrating a bit etc etc.

So he proclaims that the run will end at 100 over. He tries to miss the combo but just can’t, and he’d already called it since it just came naturally. So thinking quick he reached out and grabbed the cue ball that was literally a quarter turn from stopping dead and completing a legal shot. Reflexes of a cat, speed of a mongoose.

Sorry, but he should have unscrewed his cue after making ball 626. By shooting again and touching a ball before the balls stop rolling, regardless of whether or not he pocketed ball number 627, he committed a foul. Thus the official run should go down in the books as 625.

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Sorry, but he should have unscrewed his cue after making ball 626. By shooting again and touching a ball before the balls stop rolling, regardless of whether or not he pocketed ball number 627, he committed a foul. Thus the official run should go down in the books as 625.

So now we must ask, is the record for most balls pocketed in a row or most points scored in a single gangsta inning? Then we will know, once and for all, if 626 is legit.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

Dude!?...are you forgetting the NDA?

Sent from the future.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ken

There are lots of things at work in this thread. Very little of which have anything to do with pool, and especially not 14.1.

This entire thread is nothing more than a soapbox for certain people to use to grind their axe on.

Do I believe John ran 626? ....I would think so but, I wouldn't bet my life on it without seeing it. At the same time, I wouldn't bet my life that he didn't either.

Anyone that feels so strongly either way before seeing it....well, common sense points back to the axe.

Jeff

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are lots of things at work in this thread. Very little of which have anything to do with pool, and especially not 14.1.

This entire thread is nothing more than a soapbox for certain people to use to grind their axe on.

Do I believe John ran 626? ....I would think so but, I wouldn't bet my life on it without seeing it. At the same time, I wouldn't bet my life that he didn't either.

Anyone that feels so strongly either way before seeing it....well, common sense points back to the axe.

Jeff

What it points to is that some people just need to use derogative labels and descriptors for those that have a different opinion than theirs.

Lou Figueroa

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jeff

I'd think most people are somewhere in the middle..

main-qimg-73bc68dcc7fb3b133885fe63a7584980

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
What it points to is that some people just need to use derogative labels and descriptors for those that have a different opinion than theirs.

Lou Figueroa
Definately plenty of that going on...from all directions

Sent from the future.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definately plenty of that going on...from all directions

Sent from the future.

I scanned the last few pages and the only thing I saw that approximated name calling was asbani's use of 'horse'.

I didn't take it as referring to Lou...though horse isn't really a derogatory moniker in Pool anyway.

:rotflmao1:

Status
Not open for further replies.