Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
In retrospect:
After two and one half years, only the tip of this iceberg has been exposed.
All of the credit has been heaped upon the shooter only. This is not a one man story. 1100 attempts to set a record. Doug Desmond did the racking of the balls and the cleaning of the balls with John’s inspection and approval of the racks in both selected venues.
And after 1100 posts you haven't made a single point or convinced a single person that there was any shenanigans.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I really do not judge the character or integrity of a person based solely off of talent, plus like Radar - I too have no heroes to marvel at. He said she said - will never equate to unedited proof. I would lay 100-1 that the 626 is just propaganda or mis information, plus I too am a slow learner - unless the facts are presented - did he foul where is the unedited video for Open Public to purchase? Call me skinny lock - not easily picked either.
Can you shoot me the link to purchase Mosconi's video? I can't wait to see it!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In retrospect:
After two and one half years, only the tip of this iceberg has been exposed.
All of the credit has been heaped upon the shooter only. This is not a one man story. 1100 attempts to set a record. Doug Desmond did the racking of the balls and the cleaning of the balls with John’s inspection and approval of the racks in both selected venues.
John acknowledged the team effort. Haven't you seen the interviews?
Screenshot_20210820-071013__01.jpg

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The argument seems to be that it's not a real run unless the balls have a bunch of dirt and chalk on them? LOL... can't make this stuff up
When I play 9-ball, I clean whitey every time I get it in hand, with my cue towel. Snooker refs do the same thing. I got zero problem wanting the balls clean.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After reading 231 pages of posts, I think I finally see the whole picture.

Farmer A drove his tractor up and down a muddy field 526 times before he ran out of gas.

Farmer B drove his Camaro up and down a dry, flat road 626 times after multiple gas stops and cleanings of the road by street sweepers.

Farmer B beat Farmer A’s record.

Hell, that wasn’t so hard to figure out.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The argument seems to be that it's not a real run unless the balls have a bunch of dirt and chalk on them? LOL... can't make this stuff up

I don’t think that is the case.

I just think the conditions should be the same if you are going to compare one event against the other.

I am not saying John should have to wear Willie’s shoes when doing it, but the table sizes, conditions, and procedures should have been adhered to.

I don’t recall anybody saying Willie started racking balls at the other end of the table when the balls may have been breaking funny.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
When I play 9-ball, I clean whitey every time I get in in hand, with my cue towel. Snooker refs do the same thing. I got zero problem wanting the balls clean.
Me neither, but I’d argue that the difference there is that in the 9 ball example, the ball is already in hand. In snooker, there is a third party picking up the cue ball, cleaning it and replacing it with a more accurate marker than a piece of chalk. I don’t love the idea of the player snatching the cue ball and break ball themselves and using a piece of chalk as a marker. I highly doubt he was doing it as a move, but it certainly does open up the possibility for errors.

gerryf

It would be worthwhile to go back and re-read the posts from the people who actually saw the video. There are lots of 'guesses' and 'theories' as to how the run was done, but not from the people who watched it.

The actual 'watchers' who've posted have said the run was good and of high quality.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think someone who saw the run mentioned how much ball cleaning occurred (not much), but I can't remember who/where that was.
I found what I thought I remembered. The following two posts are from the "John Schmidt's 626" thread a year ago.

Did John do any ball polishing after run started?
Yes, twice, at 308 and 616.

But I suppose it is also possible that the racker (Desmond) wiped a ball or balls with a rag sometimes before rolling them into the Sardo Rack. But I haven't seen the run, so I do not know.

Last edited:

gerryf

I have watched the Youtube video of JS' 432 ball run, kind of where he assumed the Mr.400 infamy just a few days prior to his
claimed record setting 626, each run produce using the same venue, same table with heat underneath the table, same balls, same cue balls, whoa, no a different cue ball, maybe, same rack, same rack man, same cue stick, same cue stick shaft. Do you get the picture? Every advantage in the game of pocket pool for a game that had no opponent, except father time.
The rack man who wore white cotton gloves and carried a white cotton towel to gather and clean the balls prior to every rack. Are you beginning to get the picture, now?
Danny, you said you watched the video of Schmidt's 434 run (not 432 as you said), but you clearly didn't. The rack man did wear white gloves, but just pulled the balls out of the pocket and put them in the rack. He wasn't cleaning the balls prior to every rack. You're making stuff up again.

As for the rest, you mentioned earlier that Schmidt only played 14.1 for a few years, and not the twenty-odd years that Mosconi played, so you should be proud of Schmidt's accomplishment. Way to go Danny!

Here's the link if you want to actually watch it this time.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny, you said you watched the video of Schmidt's 434 run (not 432 as you said), but you clearly didn't. The rack man did wear white gloves, but just pulled the balls out of the pocket and put them in the rack. He wasn't cleaning the balls prior to every rack. You're making stuff up again.

As for the rest, you mentioned earlier that Schmidt only played 14.1 for a few years, and not the twenty-odd years that Mosconi played, so you should be proud of Schmidt's accomplishment. Way to go Danny!

Here's the link if you want to actually watch it this time.
Never let fact get in the way of blind hatred.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr.200, Mr. 300, Mr.400, Mr.626. Oh! Wait a minute, lets back up a bit.
I have watched the Youtube video of JS' 432 ball run, kind of where he assumed the Mr.400 infamy just a few days prior to his
claimed record setting 626, each run produce using the same venue, same table with heat underneath the table, same balls, same cue balls, whoa, no a different cue ball, maybe, same rack, same rack man, same cue stick, same cue stick shaft. Do you get the picture? Every advantage in the game of pocket pool for a game that had no opponent, except father time.
The same rack man for 1100 attempts to break 526. The rack man who wore white cotton gloves and carried a white cotton towel to gather and clean the balls prior to every rack. Are you beginning to get the picture, now?
The horse is already out of this barn.
I'd also wonder about the statement below, it states John was only Mr. 400 for 'just a few days'

I have watched the Youtube video of JS' 432 ball run, kind of where he assumed the Mr.400 infamy just a few days prior to his claimed record...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blind hatred aside.
still available to put u in the penalty box on 10/14. Lay it on the line one on one, no bs.
Find some and make it happen.
Again:
YOU CAN GET PLAYED

EVERY TIME WE START THIS CONVERSATION YOU BEGIN TO WIGGLE AND THEN STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

Before, I'm going to engage in any detailed discussions, you:
-Have to identify yourself.
-Let me know who you think we can agree on to hold our post money.
-Agree on a penalty for no show by either side for any reason.

If there are any words or concepts up there you can't understand, please let me know.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am radar, without the exes.
That is the only identity that I will publish on azb.
I don’t care who you are. Never seen you. Never spoken to you.
Name the game and rules you want to play.
I don’t care whether you show or not.
Fifty miles is as far as I’m willing to travel towards Pisgah area to play.
Short window of play time for me, four hours or less.
Money will take care of itself.
You're a liar and a cheat.

With assurance your stupid self will show....you got action.

Keep wigglin', freshman.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can quit yelling in caps. Piss pool player.
Want to keep bitching/wolfing at me, move the hell out of the js626 threads, pops. radar
Blah...blah...blah.

When you are ready to put up some post/ no show money, let us know.

Until then...you're a total yawn.
Screenshot_20211012-172417__01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.