Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dude that was standard size pockets for years. Lots of big events were held with pockets that size. No one bitches about them. All this 'you gotta have tight-ass pockets' is just bullshit imo. |People are still all butthurt about St. Willies record being broken.
Why would this tweak to Mr. Mosconi's resume change his greatness?

You can ask hairy man to respond for ya...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes you are correct the pockets have been that way some years (in modern times anyway, in the old days they played on 5x10’s with 41/2’ pockets but that was long ago) and the pro’s have been complaining about them for years!
I’m glad now that the 4/14 inches are now being used in major tournaments, which is what the pros have been calling for. I remember Grady calling these 5” pockets “cavernous”
The 4.5-in pockets of yesteryear were way different than the pockets of thister year.
They were cut with extremely short shelves and if you got the mouth, you basically got the pot.
Got the pot. Tee fkn hee.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does the UPA pro pool still exist? They do have a league system i thought.
I honestly don't remember the UPA ever existing but I remember CW running his dragon promotions and I remember Earl getting kicked out of one of his tournaments. At the time I thought it was shady.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I don't question JS's record, but I do think it matters if the table's specs aren't reasonably close to whatever common equipment specs exist - for example, the WPA's. Since table specs are so important in pool, I think they should be a part of the official record.

pj
chgo
I agree. Now that we have some sort of classification such as Dr. Dave's Table Difficulty Factor we should adopt them and pair them with accomplishments. Mike Page says that a 700 speed player is a 700 regardless of table. But that doesn't mean that a 700 performs the same on each table it only means that all else being equal if a "tough" table is harder to run out on for a 700 than an easy table then it is equally difficult for a 600/500/etc...

The definition of "regulation" is the issue here because it is very broad. I think that the WPA and subordinate members should adopt rules covering performance records to include the categories of competitive performance and exhibition performance paired with the TDF specs. Then instead of having someone say I hold the world record for balls run on a Diamond they would instead say I hold the world record for balls run on a TDF8 table. Also, commercially setting standards that adhere to a clear set of specifications would allow for people to order tables set up to those standards. Thus I could order a Diamond or any brand set up at whatever specification I want and know that it was going to arrive exactly that way.

I played in a place in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area that had like 10 furniture style tables. These tables had huge pockets but shelves so deep that the entire ball could sit in the pocket past the points and not fall in. As a result the table played "tight" for balls that touched the rail on approach. In the past decade I think we have all been introduced in a much more detailed way to the variables of pocket specifications that can significantly alter how the table accepts shots. Now it's time for the world's rulemaking bodies to adopt those specifications so that we can finally have a world standard that is reliable and understood.

And, I think it might be prudent to try and redesign tables in a way that allows for fairly easy modular changes to increase/decrease the TDF. That could create some interesting configurations. Such as practice tables that are TDF-easy on one end and TDF-hard on the other end with two different side pockets. And carom plugs that actually work.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I played in a place in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area that had like 10 furniture style tables. These tables had huge pockets but shelves so deep that the entire ball could sit in the pocket past the points and not fall in. As a result the table played "tight" for balls that touched the rail on approach.
Volcano's in Hurst???

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
RE: me being pretentious in life and probably end up losing in life because if I believe everything I hear...

Wow. Thanks for your input. From "one of the best in 14.1", I'll take that life advice for what it is worth.

I am done here. Good luck.
yo right u r done here - no need to misread or make things up - I need not any of yer luck wishes either. It is a super shallow individual that repeats what they hear - as if it were verbatim - without first seeing definitive evidence. Just thought I would 'share' that wit ya.

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
It could very well be verbatim, provided the subject in question has good memory and honest intentions while repeating what they heard.

Linguistic nazi strikes again.

Have you watched any of the current high run attempts? I could use another dose of that

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
His claim was never going to be accepted by you no matter what, let's get that clear.
let me b clear, speak no lie's towards me about 14.1 - they will b noticed. As I and many other 14.1 students have stated many times - I will accept the run as I would any other - once I see the proof they are claiming to have. So yer being untruthful again, I and many others students of the game have offered good $ to see the unedited version of their grandiose claim. I only make good investments - I do not believe the 626 gossip, nor should anyone else - without first seeing the unedited proof.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
let me b clear, speak no lie's towards me about 14.1 - they will b noticed. As I and many other 14.1 students have stated many times - I will accept the run as I would any other - once I see the proof they are claiming to have. So yer being untruthful again, I and many others students of the game have offered good $ to see the unedited version of their grandiose claim. I only make good investments - I do not believe the 626 gossip, nor should anyone else - without first seeing the unedited proof.
🎼Won't you take me to... CRAZYTOWN?🎼

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMG_20190607_104847_01.png

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What was your unedited proof of Willie's 526 high run???

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
This is probly' my last post about on this thread. To those in the beginning who stated - nobody cares - u were wrong as this is the longest thread directly related to Pocket Billiards in AZ history. An az member here described AZ Forums as a punching bag for Pocket Billiard World, this is true and necessary. It is not necessary however to erase 68yr old American Pocket Billiard Records - without providing sufficient evidence - to the Open public, I maintain that JS,CW, and bca have only provided experimental evidence that a run of 626 consecutive shots was achieved in 14.1 - eitherr' live or memorex. So as JS's sponsor there in Monteray states on the 626 promo "success was achieved - if you will" followed by a smiling face - lol. I would like to personally thank the AZ members who did not belittle or harass me just cause I asked to see the 626 red tape (that may not exist - in unedited form) also would like to thank Bob Chamberlain for following through on his Legends Of Pocket Billiards Event, am back practicing every day in 14.1 so I have no more time to quarrel with fake news catalysts and or their hollywood woke cancel culture promotions. I will add that after over 240 pages - no one has given me any good reason why they should be trying to borrow Willie Mosconi's true World Record for personal or political gain. As many of you know - I am passionate about 14.1 and those who represent and or promote - this great Sport Of Pocket Billiards. I wish everyone involved in Chamberlain's event - success, for if Mosconi's record is legitimately surpassed - I think it goes without saying - Wrldpro event - will have non edited/definitive evidence - to support the new World Record - for sale in disc form. Thanks for reading - the hawks of truth are now gliding to the livestream of The Legends Of Pocket Billiards and or possibly there own legit livestream studio. WIn if you can, Lose if you must - but never cheat. Adios Dan Harriman (The Springfield Rifle).

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is probly' my last post about on this thread. To those in the beginning who stated - nobody cares - u were wrong as this is the longest thread about Pocket Billiards in AZ history. I would like to personally thank the AZ members who did not belittle or harass me just cause I asked to see the red tape (that may not exist - in it's entirety) also would like to thank Bob Chamberlain for following through on his Legends Of Pocket Billiards Event, am back practicing every day in 14.1 so I have no more time to quarrel with fake news catalysts and or their hollywood woke culture promotions. I will add that after over 240 pages - no one has given me any good reason why they should be trying to borrow Willie Mosconi's true World Record for personal or political gain. As many of you know - I am passionate about 14.1 and those who represent this great Sport Of Pocket Billiards, I wish everyone involved in Chamberlain's event - success. Those who are trying to play dumbmedia tricks on the public - I do wish them more failure. The 626 story failed.
Failed? by what measure?

Party came and went, did you not get an invite?
john--1--jpeg-.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.