Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What a joke.

Your 'stock' GC 3 happens to be the easiest 9 foot table on the TDF chart.....hmm....random luck I suppose........................ you, the man paying to break the record, just happened to have the easiest 'stock' table ever produced laying around.... and then you go off and mock John's contrived conditions.

Get real.

What a joke.
Like Rebco is a recognized brand🤣🤣🤣🤣
Pfft.

Easiest GC3 table?
You’re kidding, right?!

I don’t think Shane Van Boening, Ruslan Chinahov, or Earl Strickland would say it was an easy table;
and since they played on it BEFORE Jayson Shaw set his record on it, they would know best.

gerryf

I don’t think Shane Van Boening, Ruslan Chinahov, or Earl Strickland would say it was an easy table;
and since they played on it BEFORE Jayson Shaw set his record on it, they would know best.
But there's no evidence it was the same conditions. No evidence it wasn't either. As people have pointed out, we don't really know the table setup, and if it was changed as time went on. There are some images of a pocket, but no way to know what table that's from.

All we know is that:
  • there were some remarkably sloppy shots made.
  • Jayson said it was an easy table.
  • after Jayson's 714, the table was dismantled.

The Legends group could have resolved these questions at the very beginning of each player's sessions, but seemed to argue that it was nobody's business but theirs.

"Shane will be starting soon, but first let's show you the room and the table (camera pans 360" around the table). This table has XXX cloth, and the pockets are (camera pans down to pocket where a tape measure is held) x inches wide at the mouth, y inches at the throat, and the shelf is z inches deep."

"Ruslan will be starting soon, but first let's show you the room and the table (camera pans 360" around the table). This table has XXX cloth, and the pockets are (camera pans down to pocket where a tape measure is held) x inches wide at the mouth, y inches at the throat, and the shelf is z inches deep."

"Earl will be starting soon, but first let's show you the room and the table (camera pans 360" around the table). This table has XXX cloth, and the pockets are (camera pans down to pocket where a tape measure is held) x inches wide at the mouth, y inches at the throat, and the shelf is z inches deep."

"Jayson will be starting soon, but first let's show you the room and the table (camera pans 360" around the table). This table has XXX cloth, and the pockets are (camera pans down to pocket where a tape measure is held) x inches wide at the mouth, y inches at the throat, and the shelf is z inches deep."

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But there's no evidence it was the same conditions. No evidence it wasn't either. As people have pointed out, we don't really know the table setup, and if it was changed as time went on. There are some images of a pocket, but no way to know what table that's from.

All we know is that:

The Legends group could have resolved these questions at the very beginning of each player's sessions, but seemed to argue that it was nobody's business but theirs.

"Shane will be starting soon, but first let's show you the room and the table (camera pans 360" around the table). This table has XXX cloth, and the pockets are (camera pans down to pocket where a tape measure is held) x inches wide at the mouth, y inches at the throat, and the shelf is z inches deep."

"Ruslan will be starting soon, but first let's show you the room and the table (camera pans 360" around the table). This table has XXX cloth, and the pockets are (camera pans down to pocket where a tape measure is held) x inches wide at the mouth, y inches at the throat, and the shelf is z inches deep."

"Earl will be starting soon, but first let's show you the room and the table (camera pans 360" around the table). This table has XXX cloth, and the pockets are (camera pans down to pocket where a tape measure is held) x inches wide at the mouth, y inches at the throat, and the shelf is z inches deep."

"Jayson will be starting soon, but first let's show you the room and the table (camera pans 360" around the table). This table has XXX cloth, and the pockets are (camera pans down to pocket where a tape measure is held) x inches wide at the mouth, y inches at the throat, and the shelf is z inches deep."
I go back and forth on this issue. Record breaking disputes are as old as history. They wanted to put an asterisk in the record books next to Maris' 61 home run record because he had more games in which to achieve the record than Ruth had. But now, the game and the stadiums are COMPLETELY different. Is anyone going out there to measure the outfields where Judge is playing?

This is what happens when you put too much value on a record. It's a measure of achievement particular to the era in which it was accomplished and trying to apply it over a 100 year period is silly.

Set up a regulation pool table and have at it. For a record, have someone certify that the table is legit.

gerryf

I go back and forth on this issue. Record breaking disputes are as old as history. They wanted to put an asterisk in the record books next to Maris' 61 home run record because he had more games in which to achieve the record than Ruth had. But now, the game and the stadiums are COMPLETELY different. Is anyone going out there to measure the outfields where Judge is playing?

This is what happens when you put too much value on a record. It's a measure of achievement particular to the era in which it was accomplished and trying to apply it over a 100 year period is silly.

Set up a regulation pool table and have at it. For a record, have someone certify that the table is legit.
Yup, exactly!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

All we know is that:

You should learn the meaning of quotation marks before using them.

Lou Figueroa

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
But there's no evidence it was the same conditions. No evidence it wasn't either. As people have pointed out, we don't really know the table setup, and if it was changed as time went on.
Nobody messed with the table.
The Legends entire goal was to maintain the highest level of playing conditions for their events.
That included disclosing by words and pictures EXACTLY what they were using, what the specs were and uninterrupted video of entire runs by all of these champions.

There are some images of a pocket, but no way to know what table that's from.
If you don’t know Deon Chapman or Bobby Chamberlain, you have no room to disparage the pictures that they took, from the location with their own phones!😡
All we know is that:
All we know is: we can’t compare John Schmidt’s run to Jayson SHAW’S run.
They did.
Repeatedly.
Live.
On podcasts.
On Facebook.
Here on AzB.
You don’t like what was said.
You don’t like it?
They did show the world, on video, the exact table, the exact specs, explained whatever they did with regards to rails and facings.

Still don’t like it?
Don’t watch the next one.

It was same table.

Nothing was done to change the table after they began their runs.

Otherwise, they would have stated it- and you’d still be here saying “it’s not enough” for your tastes.

Please tell us all here on AzB, Streetlights Billiards and The Legends of Pocket Billiards your name so they can bar you from viewing access, since nothing that they do to try and help the players and shine a spotlight on Straight Pool is good enough for you.

The same people here saying that not enough effort was made to share the pocket sizes with the public is only out to discredit the promoter and the players-

EVERY EFFORT WAS MADE TO SHARE THE TABLE CONDITIONS WITH THE PUBLIC, INCLUDING POCKET SIZE, TABLE MAKE, AND ALL EQUIPMENT USED ON THE TABLE

IT WAS RECORDED, IT WAS EXPLAINED ON PODCAST INTERVIEWS, AND IN STILL PICTURES

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you are not apart of their 'semi public' thats is OK, also if you have a table and practice 14.1 on a regular basis - your opinion is valuable to me. Please note that I do like Westerns - just not the one schmidt, charlie and the bca are TRYING to produce. If yer a member of john's facebook crowd - yer opinion has less value. Only honest answers are appreciated - I am passionate about the game and keeping it legit so I again I'm only interested in reading genuine responses. Thanks for your participation in what is very possibly another media experiment on the 'general public'. So is it legit? Or do you think (like me) it had a great deal to do with his recent new cue sponsor and hall of fame induction? Also do ya'll think they ( crooked powrs that b) have a legal right to make such a grandiose claim and not offer the video to general population - as proof of their 'claim'?
The title of this thread is “John’s run legit?”

not “Jayson’s table was easy”

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What low iq people such ass yerself would call crying - I would call a Sports History Preservation Observation - another idea that a snowflake like u would knot b able to appreciate is that Mosconi's 526 is actually a legal document. So again u are being a troll in this thread, If u no care bout USA's Sports History Records - I suggest taking yer cancel culture busyness elsewhere. Much has been learned about how Pocket Billiard records are kept and or Standardized/ adjudicated here in USA - through this thread - again if u no like smell of my cookin - find another campsite - u will only continue to make yerself look stupid - while partissypatin in this thread.
Legal document huh? Maybe xrd will ask you to inform us under which set of laws it resides?

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It`s cool that Danny Harriman has his own blog here. I enjoy checking in from time to time to keep abreast of the stupidity of this thread, which goes no where and says nothing, over and over.

telinoz

Registered
307276543_5475893522493048_4469626456354320_n.jpg

D-FENS

telinoz

Registered
Didn’t need the books or movies.
I knew the MAN.
He was a legend.
I loved watching him play.
His record was a monster.
But, Jayson holds the record now and that is just fine.

There is no Kraken case for it.
Its a done deal, Jayson has it.
I think people need to move on from it, like the people obsessed with other legitimate losses in the US.

The only solution, try hard and have a crack at beating the record.
This Dan guy on here, sure he didn't get an invite for not being a former World Champion.
But, does that stop him talking to his local poolhall and getting a webcam setup and having a crack.
No is the answer.
Put up or shut up.
Simple as that.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see Schmidt Vs Shaw to 500....
I'd bet on Schmidt, unless he's only making sandwiches lately.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, schmidty said he couldn’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit, but that he was selling a lot of tooth brushes to his customers, and finally making money from pocket pool.
Make it happen son.
In a match with safety play and knowledge of the game, I know who I'd take.

Pool goes nowhere for 2 reasons.
No money in it
Every jackass in the game tears down the other guy over peanuts

Status
Not open for further replies.