Not open for further replies.

telinoz

Registered
Mystery_machine.jpg

And so it goes on....

telinoz

Registered
What is ‘it’?
If you know, pray tell, so others may know what you know.
I played in hundreds of pool parlors, with all size regulation tables and some American made 5’x10’ snooker tables.
Never walked in and asked what are the pocket width’s?
Never asked what the pocket depths were?
Never even considered asking what the facing angles were.
Never needed to know Cueball to object ball relationship.
Never needed to know angle in to angle out for bank shots.
Never needed to remember much of anything except how and where to find the correct references to the unknowns that I didn’t need to keep on the tip of my minds memory.
Just needed to know how to get home after the games were over.
Tell players one time and then if questioned again, point them to the reference.
The rest is up to them….. radar
Actually in this case, I am referring to the lack detailed specs and hiding behind a response of 'its' never good enough'.
What a load of nonsense.
If you've provided full geometry, environmental setup and ball cleaning regime. There is nothing else to discuss is there.
Some of that has been done, in both cases, but let's be honest - the full details will never be released.

One of these threads, I politely suggested before new attempts got started... Hey, easiest way now for no arguments is measure in the traditional sense but it is very easy to 3D scan objects - people can't argue with scanned model.
The response was rather negative, which kind of speaks for itself in my eyes about learning from past mistakes and having full transparency.

I'm in Engineering, Project Management and also own 2 companies in other industries - for nearly 3 decades.
Setting up an event like this, learning from all previous issues from other organisors and making sure there is no doubt remaining BEFORE an event started is low hanging fruit.
If I get back into organising pool in my country again, I might make the time to do an event like this in the future and put my money where my mouth is.
The level of fumbling and competency from this 626 onwards to the new record has been like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Did you notice all the claims of corrupt BCA staff member, and issues with getting new certificates - just big statements with zero evidence, names posted on here - it's almost as if, some people are afraid of getting sued for defamation as they cannot backup their claims.
Another, speaks for itself type of deal.

Clear now chief?

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Stock GC3 with 4.9" corners? Do you take us for idiots?

The fact that you won't give us angle measurements when asked tells us all we need to know about how, like john's rebco, fake your table was.

I don't care about John's run, and for the record I think his conditions were concocted just like I think your conditions were concocted. You keep deflecting to the 'but john' retort the moment someone points out that you are deceptive and lying about your table.

In fact I think (more like know) that when you put your whole show together you knew from past player performances and the fact that John had to contrive his conditions that there was no chance in hell that the record would be broken in the short time you had with your invited players if you didn't do something to 'grease the wheels' so to speak. So you decided to juice the table to make it much more probable to happen right away. That is fine, you juiced the table, now come out and admit it.

From what I can see nobody here is saying Jayson didnt run 6 or 7 hundred balls. We are just saying you tinkered with the conditions to make it happen in an unnatural and improbable amount of time.
If this were true, the BCA would not have approved the run!

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
During the video did anyone check if unnatural forces played a role in the pocketing of the shots?
Every pool player has tried to use "the force" the push a ball in.
How can a person tell from a video if an unnatural force was acting on the balls during each shot?

For example what if a super powered air pump was used to push or pull the balls during the shot?
I am not trying to discredit John S. Just saying in other sports there are tactical advantages that organizations develop.

Especially in video recordings those tactical advantages are more challenging to discern because the lack of a ref in person. The lack of a neutral party with no financial interest in the promotion of the run is obviously neglected.

Who is to say the table wasn't leaning towards pockets? Any table mechanic can tell you tables develop a lean over time because of usage. Those flaws can be exploited easily on video.

It seems D H is given up on the fight, but there is a silent majority.
A fellow az member ( seasoned promoter for Pocket billiards) made me a good offer years ago before the 626 corruption, he offered $10,000 to a run recorded on video and would help me promote it as well. His only reservation was traveling to actually see the table in person, he said he wanted to compare that to the video - to Verify The Run. That made sense to me, no way to verify the 626? I still say that no ref need be present, just factory table specs and plenty of perseverance. No worries bout my internal fortitude when talkin bout honest 14.1 adjudication procedures - or Actually playing/competing in 14.1 - plentee of longevitee. I agree there is a silent majority that questions these "Military owned pool records" - thank you for that statement. I am not convinced AT ALL that the pockets specs were factory - during chamberlain's story, his story changed too many times, but at least they did not hide their footage.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Your friend didn't "rent" diddly-do-da -- it was a *free live* stream.

The stream was interrupted for about two minutes and lots saw Jayson break the record *live.* We have been over this before but you continue to behave like a five year old, screaming and kicking with your eyes shut and your hands over your ears wailing away because you dropped your lollipop.

Lou Figueroa
Not so show what u mean wit de lollipop ref? I may not be Kojak but I do know when there is trouble - baby. When I competed against u in one pocket u seemed to be a man of integrity and honor, just cause I noticed Chamberlain fibbing to public about table specs - during the ya'lls podcast - u lower yoself to such a set standard? the 626 was military owned too lots of laugh's, I ain't no fortunate Son Lou but if u think I am feminent - ur wrong on that too - u have a better chance in one pocket than in a boxing ring, that would be a big surprise for u. U no mo of a man that me - u would do well to remember that as I now know u better now, it was easy defeating u in One Pocket there in Olathe. Remember those pockets in Olathe? They were a bit less forgiving than the chamberalin circus table ya'll subjected shaw,ruslan, and earl to eh lol. ALso there is a huge difference between mis speaking - and fibbing to the public. There is 'no one' here on this forum that cares more about the game of 14.1 Billiards and or it's True History than me, I am hyper sensitve - yes - again this includes people who lie to the public or as u sey' mis speak. So again - thanks for the Mop up.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually in this case, I am referring to the lack detailed specs and hiding behind a response of 'its' never good enough'.
What a load of nonsense.
If you've provided full geometry, environmental setup and ball cleaning regime. There is nothing else to discuss is there.
Some of that has been done, in both cases, but let's be honest - the full details will never be released.

One of these threads, I politely suggested before new attempts got started... Hey, easiest way now for no arguments is measure in the traditional sense but it is very easy to 3D scan objects - people can't argue with scanned model.
The response was rather negative, which kind of speaks for itself in my eyes about learning from past mistakes and having full transparency.

I'm in Engineering, Project Management and also own 2 companies in other industries - for nearly 3 decades.
Setting up an event like this, learning from all previous issues from other organisors and making sure there is no doubt remaining BEFORE an event started is low hanging fruit.
If I get back into organising pool in my country again, I might make the time to do an event like this in the future and put my money where my mouth is.
The level of fumbling and competency from this 626 onwards to the new record has been like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Did you notice all the claims of corrupt BCA staff member, and issues with getting new certificates - just big statements with zero evidence, names posted on here - it's almost as if, some people are afraid of getting sued for defamation as they cannot backup their claims.
Another, speaks for itself type of deal.

Clear now chief?
I agree with this. It's very easy to make all the measurements just before the high run. No reason not to do it. Of course, if there is not an "official" ref present then you could always say the table was altered before actual play. Nevertheless, making those measurements is a no-brainer.

Probably won't ever agree with telinoz again. Sound's like he's a 1%er who needs to share the wealth with the illegals of his country. ;)

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You came so close to not being an idiot... And then you failed..
Lighten up a little. It was a joke.
Go back to NPR and present some more pseudo-science.
If you think what I presented was "pseudo" then you don't understand science -- no matter how many tech companies or whatever you own. Start a new thread called "Dan Presents Pseudo Science" and make your point and we can have a civil discussion.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not so show what u mean wit de lollipop ref? I may not be Kojak but I do know when there is trouble - baby. When I competed against u in one pocket u seemed to be a man of integrity and honor, just cause I noticed Chamberlain fibbing to public about table specs - during the ya'lls podcast - u lower yoself to such a set standard? the 626 was military owned too lots of laugh's, I ain't no fortunate Son Lou but if u think I am feminent - ur wrong on that too - u have a better chance in one pocket than in a boxing ring, that would be a big surprise for u. U no mo of a man that me - u would do well to remember that as I now know u better now, it was easy defeating u in One Pocket there in Olathe. Remember those pockets in Olathe? They were a bit less forgiving than the chamberalin circus table ya'll subjected shaw,ruslan, and earl to eh lol. ALso there is a huge difference between mis speaking - and fibbing to the public. There is 'no one' here on this forum that cares more about the game of 14.1 Billiards and or it's True History than me, I am hyper sensitve - yes - again this includes people who lie to the public or as u sey' mis speak. So again - thanks for the Mop up.

Well, we can all be off in our first impressions of people -- like in your case I thought you were a sane individual with a grasp of basic logic (just goes to show you).

Lou Figueroa
didn't know English
was a second language
for you either

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
jackass.jpg

I care more about the game of 14.1

Status
Not open for further replies.