Is there anybody wants to play for high stake against csin shun yang ?????

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Maybe Ching Shun Yang would like to get some odds on his money, like 20 to 1. He can bet $1,000 USD and can win $20,000 dollars. How's that sound?

:withstupid:Yep, and We might as well pay ez' air :withstupid:fare....while we're at it. Joey, I think your on ta somethen'....:rolleyes:

Michael-Hoang

Omega Billiards
Silver Member
Yang was at the BCA's US Open 10-Ball Championship Tournament in Las Vegas this past May. I don't know if he had any actions or not.

The only American that could play Yang even in rotation game is SVB.

There are a few Taiwanese players who are also very, very strong gamblers, per Dennis Orculo. Dennis told me recently that it's tough for him to beat them playing even.

SplicedPoints

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He plays on smooth tables as well as on house tables.And,he would play anybody.I think he can't travel in States when he wants because of visa.I think Taiwanes hardly get visa for States.Anyway,I would love to see one big game with him against somebody from States.Somebody from the top.I think everybody would.
Davor

Since mid 2012, Taiwanese citizens actually don't need to get a visa to enter the US anymore. They don't come because A) little money to play for, b) Language, c) it's easier just go to China.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Since mid 2012, Taiwanese citizens actually don't need to get a visa to enter the US anymore. They don't come because A) little money to play for, b) Language, c) it's easier just go to China.

What kind of stakes would they need to play for in US Dollars to justify coming to the states?

SplicedPoints

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Airfare and boarding is easily a couple thousand. Plus they typically don't speak enough English, so they'd need to hire a translator or bring along a friend who speaks English. The costs just add up. I'd imagine they wouldn't do it unless they can get more than a couple games at substantial amounts.

Couple that with the fact that very few Taiwanese know the gambling scene in the US, so they're timid to come over. It's likely that they run into someone quite strong in the US who they don't know.

They might as well go the Japan, China, and the Philippines to play.

jeprox

Registered
really that good

Yang was at the BCA's US Open 10-Ball Championship Tournament in Las Vegas this past May. I don't know if he had any actions or not.

The only American that could play Yang even in rotation game is SVB.

There are a few Taiwanese players who are also very, very strong gamblers, per Dennis Orculo. Dennis told me recently that it's tough for him to beat them playing even.

just wondering, is he really that good?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
just wondering, is he really that good?

Yes. And many others just as good that you have probably never heard of. If the Filipinos are the perfect example of loose flowing creativity on the pool table the Taiwanese and the Chinese are perfect examples of textbook perfection in form and execution.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just my 2 cents, but I don't see American players asking if foreigners would like to play for "high stakes". If the foreign players want to gamble in America, they need to come to America.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just my 2 cents, but I don't see American players asking if foreigners would like to play for "high stakes". If the foreign players want to gamble in America, they need to come to America.
when they get together, all money's green.

There is a lotta money to be won out there, but it is super tough to go to another country to make a go of it. Everybody wants the game to come to him...

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Well there three reasons for that, one is that the very best foreign players are as good or better than the best Americans and secondly the Americans don't want to travel halfway around the world to gamble just as the foreigners don't want to do the same. Lastly the Taiwanese are pretty well used to their equipment. They don't like the slower cloth in the USA. Make no mistake, they can PLAY anywhere. But they don't have as much experience on different conditions as Americans do. So that's a factor, but more of a factor is the logistics.

You can bet the house, farm, and entire city though that some of the Taiwanese have enough money behind them to bet as high as anyone wants to against any American player including Shane.

Oscar told me he wouldn't mind getting these guys on his tables at home though and I have to believe him. Oscar mixes it up here when he comes over and so he has some good insight on the Asian players.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no doubt that they have the money or playing ability. You are 100% correct, no one wants to give up the home field advantage. Regardless if you're a millionaire or a peasant, a few thousand to travel half way across the globe for a chance at making double the expenses is far from worth it.

It's the woofing that gets annoying. Saying a player from my country can beat anyone from your country is where I draw the line.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I have no doubt that they have the money or playing ability. You are 100% correct, no one wants to give up the home field advantage. Regardless if you're a millionaire or a peasant, a few thousand to travel half way across the globe for a chance at making double the expenses is far from worth it.

It's the woofing that gets annoying. Saying a player from my country can beat anyone from your country is where I draw the line.

Woofing is part of pool but we should also keep in mind that it's not the players on here doing the barking. It's the fans who just like to talk about their favorite players.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
To answer the original question, I doubt that there are too many players interested in gambling with him. Although from what I've seen, he is not playing quite the same speed as before his two year layoff, after he beat Dennis in Manila. That might all change if he has a money game though. He likes those long sessions.

There is nothing to stop anybody from going to Taiwan and playing anyone over there. I'm sure they would welcome you with open arms and wallets. I don't see a lot of the great filipino players rushing to play in Taiwan, and they're relatively close. That tells me something. And the Chinese players who have gambled in Manila have held their own just fine.

So the bottom line might be that no one really wants Yang or any of his countrymen unless they come to them, which is highly unlikely. And even then who really wants to play Rotation games with these guys? Only a few filipinos from what I've seen.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The more I watch Chris Melling the more I like his game.I don't know
if he gambles but that guy is a freight train when he gets going.I'd pick
Chris to win.