J. Shaw's wife...................

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm kind of surprised he played today considering the circumstances. I know he has professional responsibilities to fulfill, but family is very important

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow, and what timing. glad she came around tho and definitely hope she recovers well.

I wonder if there was any discussion of delaying the match due to such a thing?
or would that be asking too much

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poor lady. She works so hard, running their pool room, taking care of two children, and being a wife to a professional pool player. The road life, living out of a suitcase, is so stressful. I pray Ara Shaw is okay. She may need to get some bloodwork done to ensure she' not anemia or hypoglycemic. Prayers go out to her and the entire Shaw family. Poor Jason!

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Damn, absolutely terrible news for Jayson and his entire family.
I hope Ara recovers quickly, fully and painlessly.
They are all in our thoughts.

Will Prout

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Poor lady. She works so hard, running their pool room, taking care of two children, and being a wife to a professional pool player. The road life, living out of a suitcase, is so stressful. I pray Ara Shaw is okay. She may need to get some bloodwork done to ensure she' not anemia or hypoglycemic. Prayers go out to her and the entire Shaw family. Poor Jason!
I am hypoglycemic and can suddeny feel very hungry and very weak at the same time. I need food IMMEDIATELY, and usually carry an energy bar with me when I go anywhere. Drinking water is not enough at times like this. I've never passed out, but have had to stop and just lay down until I can get some food in me.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson later commented on his post thatheredrink was spiked. If they have any way to prove this, I hope the guilty party is pu m ished to the extent available under the law.
This is shocking! And I have no doubt in my mind that if Jayson said it was spike, then it was. People do crazy things like this when it comes to gambling and money. Shame on them! Poor Ara Shaw, there to support her husband and pool, and look what happens?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
That's nuts, happened to me once, cept I smacked my head on the concrete floor from a standing position, had a seizure.

Life is crazy. Hope she recovers.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had a similar thing happen to me 3x, once on carpeted stairwell, once with bike helmett on and once at home, also onto carpet.

In my case, it was mild dehydration coupled with good blood flow that caused it, moving vertically quickly caused low blood flow to my head.

Syncope. When i feel it coming on I lower my head and can feel the issue fade away.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like the hospital confirms the drink was spiked.

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 7.13.39 AM.png

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They could have fucking killed her. I hope they find the assholes who did it and they get convicted for attempted murder.
Agreed. I've taken a benzo or 2 recreationally when I was younger. You need a dangerous amount to do that to someone, unless they have some other underlying condition. Very dangerous and attempted murder no doubt.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. I've taken a benzo or 2 recreationally when I was younger. You need a dangerous amount to do that to someone, unless they have some other underlying condition. Very dangerous and attempted murder no doubt.

not really. if you have zero tolerance and low body weight, plus alcohol already in your blood, it doesn't take that much even with the common variants of these drugs. then there are the not so common variants, of which midozolam is one. i got a few drops of that at the dentist, a couple minutes later i was KO'd. and i bet there are even more potent ones.

whoever did this deserves knee cap adjustments by dr. louisville slugger