Jackpot Cue

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't said anything about Jackpot cues since the beginning and have tried to stay out of it.
Unless you are kidding/joking/not serious I totally disagree with the "they are mighty fine cues" comment.
I owned the famous misdirected Jackpot cue and it was bad, like a bad attempt at a Schmelke Tribute cue.

:shocked2: :shocked2:
:shocked2: :shocked2:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I haven't said anything about Jackpot cues since the beginning and have tried to stay out of it.
Unless you are kidding/joking/not serious I totally disagree with the "they are mighty fine cues" comment.
I owned the famous misdirected Jackpot cue and it was bad, like a bad attempt at a Schmelke Tribute cue.

Looking at your "players" list in your signature line, it is like the who is who of Cuemaklers.

I could buy a Porsche 911 if I had and sold that stables of Cues for fair market value.:wink:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I can not comment on yours, but I have two and mine are fine.

I, also, have played with the one that RandyinHawaii has and it is fine.

The top cue is a Jackpot from the second batch. Ebony with a camphor burl handle cored with purple heart by Larry Vigus.

The bottom cue is a Jackpot from the first batch. Ebony with a maple handle.

And, in case anybody is wondering, the middle cue is a custom by John Chaplin (JC). It is cocobolo with a sindora burl handle and the cue is cored with purple heart.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Well some people love Budweisher beer, others love Coors beer, if you an Aussie it might be Foster Piss.

As uutside called what we call Beer, Piss.

Of you buying me a Beer, my request will be Pacifico, or XX - Amber (dark)

Beer is like a Cue, or Cue Tip, everyone has their favorite.

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Looking at your "players" list in your signature line, it is like the who is who of Cuemaklers.

I could buy a Porsche 911 if I had and sold that stables of Cues for fair market value.:wink:

Ha
Not that great but thanks kookoo.
Right now I'm playing with a Wiley Woody sneaky a friend sold me for 100 bucks, and a Woodworth oak titlist.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member

The top cue is a Jackpot from the second batch. Ebony with a camphor burl handle cored with purple heart by Larry Vigus.

And, in case anybody is wondering, the middle cue is a custom by John Chaplin (JC). It is cocobolo with a sindora burl handle and the cue is cored with purple heart.

My Jackpot was barely a pool cue, but I don't like to post negatively about cues, especially cues owned by others.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I do not think you can post good or bad about the two I have.

You have never seen them or played with them.

I wouldn't think of posting anything good or bad regarding your Jackpot cues.
The way I think about custom pool cues is most of them play good or can be tuned up to play good, some are outstanding, some are dogs.
For me there has to be something to work with to make it a desirable hit beyond just pocketing balls.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

I really like that middle cue, the burl handle and especially the way he did the extension. It looks sturdy. Can't say I've heard of him.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I didn’t read your post but looked at the picture and I can immediately tell the middle one outshines the others.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn’t read your post but looked at the picture and I can immediately tell the middle one outshines the others.

The middle one is kind of special. The maker and I share the same initials and birthday.

It came with two shafts and JC sent me a third one and I am going to take it out for a spin at Hawaiian Brian's tomorrow afternoon.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know who you hang out with but most of the people I consider friends on here are straight shooters.

Change your group of friends, or is it you thats dishonest?

Oh ,I have been dishonest and so have you , one of the differences is, that I can admit it.

Last edited:

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Photos coming. His hair looks like sh*t right now because of no barber shops being open. Maybe I can put a hat on him and get a photo.

I am sorry I created this thread now. The cue was a gift, and I thought it was very generous. I created this thread to show my appreciation, not to get into a back-and-forth with a bunch of AzBilliard lobsters.

Jam the guys posting this garbage didn,t even buy one of the cues lol...i have bought and sold to dean many times and he is SOLID most of these clowns don,t even know good cues from bad,with the exception of kc brian,who actually is pretty knowledgeable himself....they obviously have no life,so PLEASE don,t let these clowns dampen your spirits,i miss your posting on azb,it simply isn,t the same anymore....tell keith if he can call,he can raise!!!!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right now I'm playing with a Wiley Woody sneaky a friend sold me

If I wasn't too lazy to swap out some cues in my cases, I would take my Murray Tucker Sneaky Pete out for a spin tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 423