Jeanette Lee

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeanette is one of the most kind-hearted and caring people I have ever met. She has the heart of a lion. She cares deeply about her friends and family She has been a walking miracle most of her entire life. I was devastated when I discovered what my dear friend has been enduring. I will be praying morning and night for her. She has helped me many times out of the goodness of her heart and I have seen her do it to for many people close to her. It is our turn to help her fight. I know she wants us all to smile and keep a positive outlook and fight like hell just as she is custom to. A true warrior. I am beyond thankful for her friendship and loving support over the years.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really sad news. As I understand she’s had a lot of surgeries already. Hopefully they can shrink it enough for them to get it down to an area they can fully remove.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mods should probably make a sticky for her go fund me page......
j lee.jpg

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My heart goes out to you, and your loved ones. Hang in their, you never had ANY give up in you. Hope tah see yah soon.
Amen! My prayers go out to Jeanette Lee 🕷️, and her family. May God's grace be upon you all, during this battle. I wish you the 8, 9, 10, and the break, during your fight with this lousy disease! Stay strong! 🙏

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Terrible news and feel for her family. Don't see the need for the gofundme that's been set up (mentioned in article linked above) though, lots of poor people get cancer and don't have the privilege of her profile.
Her "profile" is likely an earned combination of skill, practice, dedication to craft, and class. No combat necessary, or implied...This is a billiards forum, supporting a billiards ambassador during an incredibly difficult personal time. Let's just leave it at that. :cool:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Terrible news and feel for her family. Don't see the need for the gofundme that's been set up (mentioned in article linked above) though, lots of poor people get cancer and don't have the privilege of her profile.
And yet, you have NOT started even one GoFundMe account for one poor person. So, you thought you were making some valid point, but the only point is, besides the one on the top of your head, is because you do nothing to help anyone else, that others should not help Ms. Lee. Brilliant. You won the internet today, feel any better ?

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! That's a terrible thing to say. Many people get help in desperate times (even the poor).

Reactions: KRJ

WTD14

Registered

I wasn't trying to be controversial. There's a lady on my street with terminal illness, and the public certainly won't be paying her kids to go through university. They'll be lucky if they can afford a cardboard box to bury her in.

If the lady on your street had enriched as many lives as the Black Widow has, then she'd have that same "privilege" that you speak of. Don't be pissy just because pool fans want to support someone that added value to their lives and represented the game we all love.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
She gives back. Lee has served as the national spokesperson for The Scoliosis Foundation for the past decade. You have a point but don’t take it out on JL

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Can anyone tell me who Tom George is, the person organizing the GoFundMe account?
Tom is her agent and has been for many, many years. He was affiliated with Octagon Sports Management when they first became agent/client. I've met him a few times, including sitting at his table at the 2013 BCA Hall of Fame dinner in which Jeanette gained induction, He's a quality guy for sure.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Well, you guessed that, and you guessed wrong. I actually do a 100km in 24 hour continuous walk every year to raise money, and have done for the last 20 years. I've raised money for kids hospices, motor neurone disease charities, cancer research and on occasion to help a specific person. I am truly sorry for JL and her family. And I'm sure a university degree will help her kids. But there are kids in my street who only eat because they receive food parcels. There is someone receiving health care in their home, or a wheelchair user getting a lift installed in their home this month because of charity work I have contributed towards. If this Go Fund Me was raising money for cancer research, I would 100% support it and put my hand in my pocket.
Great, so you can see what a royal jerk you are being then, right? So, you think folks should only give to charities that you support, not ones we support. She's one of our own and represented the sport well.

And if she wants her kids to go to college that's her choice and it's the choice of anyone that wants to donate to that cause. She does not earn income in death, most likely, and won't get paid for sponsorships and appearance fee's if she is no longer alive. She's only 49 years old.

So, if she wants to ensure her kids get something she won't be able to provide, so be it. Who doesn't want to provide for their kids? She's deathly ill and she is only worried about her kids. Kudos is warranted, not a diatribe about giving to the "wrong charity" and that there are other poor folks in the world. My kid graduates college in May and it cost me $120K. Yeah, I guess I could have donated that money to one of your charities and told my son to go pound sand, right?