John Schmidt compliments Jayson and the 714 run

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I disagree. I’ve seen John be genuinely complimentary towards many other pro players over the last decade.
Same here. I recall in what I believe was 2006, Hohmann ran 173 and out on John in the Dragon 14.1 event and John had nothing but nice things to say about Thorsten and his run. He also showed great humility when he won the 2009 Super Billiards Expo 10-ball event due to a double hill skid suffered by Corey Deuel just a few balls from the finish line.

John knows great play when he sees it and is usually quick to acknowledge and compliment it.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On John Schmidt's FB page:

"Great run 407 by Jason Shaw I watched a lot of it and I think his patterns are fantastic shot making fantastic Pace fantastic he breaks the balls correctly one of the greatest players who ever lived and I saw him do a few things pattern wise that I really liked that I might even put into my game"
Lol. That reads like one of the holes Freddy the Beard put in Efren's 1p game.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just seen on Facebook's "Straight Pool Fanatics" ~ ArnaldoView attachment 625406
I don't understand why this would be a relief for him? Did he feel some pressure that others would attempt what he had attempted- not being negative, but why is it a relief? Anyone who sets some sports record could anticipate challenges- just part of life. Odd choice of words.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand why this would be a relief for him? Did he feel some pressure that others would attempt what he had attempted- not being negative, but why is it a relief? Anyone who sets some sports record could anticipate challenges- just part of life. Odd choice of words.
Did you ever see The Twilight Zone pool episode? There is your answer:)

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps finally all the talk of him faking his 626 run will die down as it now seems somewhat irrelevant

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
From Shakespeare's Henry IV: "uneasy is the head that wears a crown." In other words, it's tough at the top and it comes with a great burden that can be difficult to bear.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Mike, I can understand/relate to what John felt.

In 83, in sanctioned ABA 3C tournaments in the US, I won 62 consecutive tournament games! In this tournament at, 'Cushion & Cue' in Oak Park, MI., when my final match of the event was to be played, I already had the tournament won. I lost the game 50-48 to Lee Kravetz. And with that, I had won 8 tournaments in a row. Every event I played in the last few months was a like a roller coaster ride, with the spectators. Half looking for me to continue, the other half waiting for who would stop my streak! I felt for months like the 'Sword of Damocles' hanging over my head. The disappointment and relieve at the same time are hard to explain.

BTW, no one has broken the record yet. The formats then and now have changed very much, making it a little more difficult to accomplish. Back then, all the prelims were, 'Round Robin' brackets and so were the semi-finals and Finals.

Last edited:

stevelomako

Love you all!
Silver Member

I don’t know if I did this right but you are looking at the wrong page. He’s wearing sunglasses on his profile picture

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have to go way way down. There’s a lot of people tagging him with shit that it’s cluttered his whole page
Here's what I just found on John Schmidt's page, it's the 2nd post, posted Jan 18th at 10:17 am

They say your true measure is how you act when things aren't going right. well my back last night locked up bad my lower back and I couldn't sleep. then I wake up this morning to shaw running 7:14 and breaking my record which was immenant on that table. my wife is sick as hell with omicron. so by my standards it's a pretty rough week but I'm alive I have my health. life is good tomorrow's another day I'm hoping Felicity gets better and I'm going to set up a table and try to run 900 it'll be fun thank you Jason for the inspiration I might not break your record but daily I'm going to run run big enough runs to make you a little nervous trust me

91 Comments
5 Shares

Comment

stevelomako

Love you all!
Silver Member
That distinctly sounds like either a hapless team-John person or more likely a troll wrote it as a put-on. It is ridiculously too effusive to have been typed out by any pro player, including John.

Arnaldo
So John is a really a dick and couldn’t write his own compliment?

He’s a nice guy and he’s a hell of a sandwich maker.