JONATHON HENNESSEE PINEGAR

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to the Matchroom Twitter account, he got an invite to the world championship and turned it down.

On that note, I was surprised to see Mhet Vergera was also sent an invitation and turned it down. I know Mhet runs the MVP Pro-Am tour here in the NYC area and plays super solid, but I did not know he was so good to get an invitation to play on that level.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've known Hennessee from Tennessee for over 20 years, and off the table, he's the coolest pool cat in the room. Ready for action and has enough firepower to back it up.

He used to hang at the late Professor Gilbert's Southern Billiards in Starkville, Mississippi. He and the Professor's daughter were an item for a while.

When I told Keith McCready how well Hennessee was doing in the one-pocket event, Keith's reply was, "I taught Hennessee a lot about one-pocket when we used to play scotch doubles together." The world according to Keith. 😜

At the 2003 U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship in Chesapeake, VA Keith's shaft got messed up. I can't remember what happened to it, but it didn't work to Keith's liking. Hennessee lent Keith a shaft, and Keith loved it, shot quite will with it, coming in third place.

I've always been a fan of his. If you're shooting against him in a tournament, he's a pit bull. Like Kid Delicious and Kaci, Jonathan has been known to shoot slowly and methodically, taking his time between shots, but he most definitely can go into beast mode and win. He does not like to lose because he puts his heart and soul into every single shot. I won't say he's a graceful loser, but who is? Show me someone who likes to lose, and I'll show you a loser, as the saying goes. It must have been challenging to go up against Tony Chohan in the finals with the crowd rooting for Tony. All players have experienced this, and it's tough to fade, but it's part of the sport, I guess.

Since I've known him, he's never been afraid to step up to the plate against anyone on the planet. I've always liked that about him. He's not one of these players who hems and haws and is looking for somebody to drop their wallet. If you want action, Hennessee is always ready, willing, and able.

When I saw him on live stream this week. I noticed a little gray in his hair. Me speaking as someone who is 6 months older then Efren Reyes, I think Hennessee still looks great, in good shape, and easy on the eyes. I wish him luck in 2023, and if he makes the Cup, I'll be rooting much harder for Team USA. And that's a lot.

I've got quite a few photos of Hennessee from Tennessee, but here's a couple.

In the parking lot at a pool tournament. I won't say what we're doing. 🙃

Keith and Hennessee.jpg

At the Carolinas Open, Keith and Michael Coltrain in the middle of a bankfest for action, as Hennessee listens intently.😎

coltrain hennessee and km.JPG

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
i know nothing about him
except he beat efren and will play tony in the onepocket DCC final
what can you guys tell me ?
Jonathan Pinegar (sometimes written as Johnathan Pinegar) also known as Jon Hennessy or John Hennessee. He has used both names, and jokingly says he’ll use whichever one gives him an advantage. His Facebook is spelled Johnathan Hennessee.

He is from Tennessee so his nicknames are:

Hennesy from Tennessee (sometimes written as Hennessee from Tennessee)

Or simply

Henney

As others said, he often has a temper and is a bit Strickland-like in that he has no issue showing his emotions. He’s been a great mid-America player for a couple of decades.

Last edited:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
As others said, he often has a temper and is a bit Strickland-like in that he has no issue showing his emotions. He’s been a great mid-America player for a couple of decades.
He came through our local room after the US Open last year, passing through and stayed around for a couple weeks getting some action.

It's funny you bring up his temper. I didnt see him lash out or getting into arguments or anything like that (though I'm sure it happens), but Ive watched him play the 9 and 10 ball ghost a few sets as prop bets... when he was down, you can see him start to get kinda pissed and actually play better... I know for me and others, my temper only makes it worse. It was the opposite for him. One of the damnedest things I ever saw...

Nice guy. Enjoyed talking to him and watching him play. A few of us went down to Derby and were able to sweat most of his matches.

Rjmoncrief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i know nothing about him
except he beat efren and will play tony in the onepocket DCC final
what can you guys tell me ?
If he could change some of his playing habits he could be an option for the Moscone Cup. Watch him play and you’ll understand. Some believe he’s sharking, some say it’s just how he plays. He has shown time after time his skills are close to as good as anybody’s. Like him or not he’s proved he belongs with the best the game has to offer.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Crazy he lost that game because he didn't know they changed the knocking balls off the table rule
It was crazy that he forgot the rule that was enforced the whole tournament. To be very fair, his chances from that position were nearly zero. He’d have to have kicked and followed. As it was, I believe he had to partially jump the blockers.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
It was crazy that he forgot the rule that was enforced the whole tournament. To be very fair, his chances from that position were nearly zero. He’d have to have kicked and followed. As it was, I believe he had to partially jump the blockers.
Yeah he had to swerve it and made it work which was impressive itself

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Yep. He was already dead imo. Crazy thing was not knowing the rule, not the loss of that rack.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Was this rule changed only to keep games from going too long?
No. It only rarely happens. The reasons I heard are dangerous to audiences, hard on the equipment, and it looks bad. It's still allowed to scratch on the shot to keep the ball from counting.