Judd Trump to play U.S. Open.................

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I didn't look it up and took a guess. That guess was wrong. He also had a nice draw but we all saw what happened when he had to play Shaw.
Everybody has a good draw at the US Open- ton of dead money.

So what, he lost 11 - 1 to Shaw, that could literally happen to anybody. Do you honestly think that would happen every time they played? When Mika gets beat 11 to 0 or whatever do you honestly think Mika sucks and that score proves it? By you saying that I honestly believe that's the way you think.

Just being honest

gerryf

So what, he lost 11 - 1 to Shaw, that could literally happen to anybody. Do you honestly think that would happen every time they played? When Mika gets beat 11 to 0 or whatever do you honestly think Mika sucks and that score proves it? By you saying that I honestly believe that's the way you think.

Just being honest
Trump v Shaw at US Open.

Shaw won 11 - 1.
- fluked 9 ball on the 1st
- 5 B&R's,

So in terms of competitive racks, it was 5-1
Rack 2: Trump lays a decent safety, but not good enough, and Shaw makes a difficult shot, then runs out
Rack 4: Trump hooked Shaw twice, but on the second hook Shaw jumps to sink the 1 and runs out
Rack 6: Trump is hooked, and fouls, and Shaw runs out
Rack 8: Competitive. Trump lays 3 safeties, and misses 2 shots. Shaw lays 4 safeties, misses 1 shot, but runs out.
Rack 10: Shaw misses 4 times, Trump misses twice, but runs out
Rack 11: Trump misses 1 shot, Shaw runs out.

Not a whitewash, and Trump played some nice shots, but still needs to learn more about the game.

Last edited:

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just being honest
That is not the way I think at all and I think you are missing the point of what I am saying. Mika can get beat 11-0 by Shaw and then the next match Mika can beat Shaw 11-0. At that level of competition, it really is a coin flip who wins. What I am saying about Trump is that he is not going to come back and beat Shaw like Mika could because Pool is not his game, Snooker is. Anytime you have people who go between disciplines this happens. They can pick off the "dead money" players but have very little chance of beating someone at a high level. Shaw is not beating Trump in Snooker. A world champion Snooker player as zero chance against a world champion 3 cushion player playing 3 cushion. A high level 3 cushion player has zero chance against a high level artistic pool player playing artistic pool etc. That has been my point the entire time some hopefully this helps you understand what you have been missing about my responses.

Nyquil

I think Judd is great to grow the sport. I welcome his return. He should play with a cue with a conical taper this time imo. He will feel more at home. The guy has potential some of the errors he made previous are very common when switching over. Balls/cloth play different etc. If he puts the reps in he can put on a decent show.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think Judd is great to grow the sport. I welcome his return. He should play with a cue with a conical taper this time imo. He will feel more at home. The guy has potential some of the errors he made previous are very common when switching over. Balls/cloth play different etc. If he puts the reps in he can put on a decent show.
Judd Trump is not entered in the 2022 US Open Pool Championship.