Keith mccready

Shimmy

Inquisitive....I Am
Silver Member
That sounds reasonable. My apologies to ccn7 for 'misquoting' him. On topic, the best pool movie would be one just about Keith...his real life. Much better than a movie about Danny B. imo.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I agree that a movie/documentary about Keith would be good. His attitude and style of play is hard to match.

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sounds reasonable. My apologies to ccn7 for 'misquoting' him. On topic, the best pool movie would be one just about Keith...his real life. Much better than a movie about Danny B. imo.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I'd love to see a movie about Keith! A documentary would be even better.
The question is if they made a movie who would play a 20 something Keith?

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM.... You mentioned in a fairly recent thread (something to the effect)that there was a Keith pool match announcement forthcoming... :yeah:

I think she also mentioned in the same thread that it wasn't going to materialize...she didn't elaborate but said it wasn't anything to do with Keith or Billy....Just like TAR has stated on serveral occasions..it's harder than it seams sometimes for all the stars to be aligned to put a big match together...hopefully 1 day we will be able to sweat it...It's got all the makings of being a good one.

ccn7

Ole Pool Fool
Silver Member

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

a movie would be great, Scott no apology needed your cool with me. I too was funnin with you. I knew fast eddy passed i try and follow whats going on. Take Care

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
Or better yet....A movie about an old hustler that is making his comeback and whippin up
on all the young guns of today!! I mean every body loves the comeback kid right??
Keith would be great for that....=))

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or better yet....A movie about an old hustler that is making his comeback and whippin up
on all the young guns of today!! I mean every body loves the comeback kid right??

You mean like this, when Fast Eddie says at the end of The Color of Money, "I'm back"?

Thanks to all the posters on the thread with the kind comments about Keith McCready. They did break the mold when they made Keith. That's for sure. :grin-square:

I hope to see him make the retort later this year: I'm back!

In fact, you can make book on it! ;)

Attachments

• 41600497[1].jpg
    41600497[1].jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 470

Shimmy

Inquisitive....I Am
Silver Member
You mean like this, when Fast Eddie says at the end of The Color of Money, "I'm back"?

Thanks to all the posters on the thread with the kind comments about Keith McCready. They did break the mold when they made Keith. That's for sure. :grin-square:

I wouldn't mind seeing someone get the "nightmare" from Keith.

frankwhite

www.superiorbilliardtech.
Silver Member

You can "MAKE BOOK" on it!!!! LOL LOL

Kieth for MAYOR.......................

swrooster

A HOTDOG ROAD PLAYER!!
Silver Member
A Legend

The past year I've had to travel to the west coast about every four weeks for two to four days at a time. Naturally I would wind up at Hard Times, Shooter's, Hollywood, and Styx. The level at which Keith's exploits are kept alive at these locations is beyond belief. I personnaly witnessed the money matches and woofing years ago between Keith and U.J. Puckett's stable in Dallas and Houston, Danny Medina and Keith at Albuquerque, And Keith against an onslaught of Mexican players in Juarez and El Paso, he wouldn't pass on anyone. I only wish I would have recorded the exchanges and quotes that dripped off his tounge non stop. One of a kind for sure, I'd love to see him in action again. He made a lot of people a lot of money.:cool:

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This a great idea and it must be played by Keith himself.
I have known Keith longer than most, since he was a kid. He always was the center of attraction no matter where he was. No one perked up a place like he did. Everyone would always gather to where he was not only to see great playing but also to hear his conversations and to see what he would do next.

I remember once at a big tournament he went down the line offering top players spots and no one jumped up to play.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member

JAM

I would absolutely love to see Keith play again.

When I first came to California in the late 70s I walked into to a pool room in Anaheim and Keith was playing somebody. I never really saw who Keith was playing because he ran rack after rack and would not miss, it was really quite a sight, walking into some pool room and seeing some guy run like 10 racks. I was from Michigan and I though Cornbread was the best player ever and can remember standing there in Anaheim thinking Keith would eat Cornbread alive. It was as if reality had shifted.

Its funny. Keith is clearly the most popular player here at AZ. The mere mention of his name gets all the members to wax poetic (like I just did). However, every time Keith posts here it goes bad, what a strange spot AZ is. Is like a pool room, the negativity seems like it just has to get let out. We should learn as a group to be more positive people, our dying sport could sure use a shot in the arm (like Keith making a comeback!).

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited:
Reactions: JAM

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
JAM

I would absolutely love to see Keith play again.

When I first came to California in the late 70s I walked into to a pool room in Anaheim and Keith was playing somebody. I never really saw who Keith was playing because he ran rack after rack and would not miss, it was really quite a sight, walking into some pool room and seeing some guy run like 10 racks. I was from Michigan and I though Cornbread was the best player ever and can remember standing there in Anaheim thinking Keith would eat Cornbread alive. It was as if reality had shifted.

Its funny. Keith is clearly the most popular player her at AZ. The mere mention of his name gets all the members to wax poetic (like I just did). However, every time Keith posts here it goes bad, what a strange spot AZ is. Is like a pool room, the negativity seems like it just has to get let out. We should learn as a group to be more positive people, our dying sport could sure use a shot in the arm (like Keith making a comeback!).

Thanks

Kevin

You were in Bob's Billiards Kevin. And you saw Keith in his prime. He beat many a champion in that place and had to give them gas money to get back home. You didn't mention how effortlessly it looked for Keith to run out those racks. No one EVER ran racks and made it look so easy. He ran out like a hot knife going thru butter, over and over again. Hard shot --- What's that? He would just smooth stroke it in, get back in line and run out another rack. The man had more natural talent than any pool player who ever lived.

No one; not Harold Worst, not Luther Lassiter, not Earl Strickland, not Buddy Hall, not Mike Sigel, not Steve Mizerak, not Efren Reyes had the natural talent that Keith had. He was truly one of a kind.

jcrack_corn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when he was spending time in new orleans about 10 years ago, he would practice with me and give lessons, super cheap....he seemed to just love the game and love showing what it could be. He gave me my best piece of pool knowledge ever....."if you want to be as good as me, or the big gamblers around here, you need to play at least 8 hours a day every day, if you cant do that, then forget about it" lol...ended up saving me a lot of time, much easier to just get weight.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keith needs to get off the porch!

My favorite thing about hunting is watching the dogs work, beagles, walkers, black and tans, whatever....you really dont teach them much its ALL instinct and they love it. Seeing JAMs avator on her made think about it.

Keith reminds me about the dog on the porch, we would all love to see that dog with all that heart and instinct....hunt.

Like the old saying.... That dog DOES hunt.

Ken

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
IMO Keith will always be the best!

The straightest shooter, the smoothest stroke, the best action player ever, and the most fun to watch!!!!

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
why do I get the feeling that poker doesn't seem like a good fit for Keith at all.

With Keith's bravado I would so that poker is a great fit for him. He has the confidence, the bravado and the woof to make a great poker player. I'm not sure if he has the instinct, but I'm sure he has picked up a few things being around gambling all of his life.

I for one would much rather see him on a pool table.

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
I agree that a movie/documentary about Keith would be good. His attitude and style of play is hard to match.

agreed. I think he embodies what we want to see in a pool player on the big screen.

Note- of anyone saw his performance on and around the table at the 88 brunswick world champs vs efren, then you know what I mean. You cant write that shit