Kudos to Stu Mattana

berniep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stu,

I would just like to extend a quick "thank you" for your stepping up to the plate in sponsorship of this year's World's 14.1.

I know you have been an avid player and fan of world class 14.1 tournaments for many decades.

While perhaps I see a little resurgence in the interest of 14.1, it is through the efforts of people such as yourself that keep the great game alive.

Thanks again!

Bernie Pettipiece.

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Thank you SJM for helping keep this great event alive! Your efforts are much appreciated throughout the 14.1 world.

Kevin Vidal

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
kudos to sjm

Thanks, SJM. :thumbup:

I was afraid they weren't going to put this tournament together. I went for the first time last year and it was great seeing so many talented 14.1 players in one room. Usually, it was hard to pick which match to watch because there were so many good match-ups going off at the same time. I look forward to thanking you in person in August.

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
Thanks Stu, you have kept my favourite tournament alive for at least another year. Looking forward to seeing you there and talking about the good old days of straight pool.

Bill

Last edited:

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stu,

i would just like to extend a quick "thank you" for your stepping up to the plate in sponsorship of this year's world's 14.1.

I know you have been an avid player and fan of world class 14.1 tournaments for many decades.

While perhaps i see a little resurgence in the interest of 14.1, it is through the efforts of people such as yourself that keep the great game alive.

Thanks again!

Bernie pettipiece.

+1.................

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wish I could go. Regardless, thanks for your help keeping my favorite game alive. SJM for President:bow-down: (it worked for Pat Paulson)!!!

Lyn

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
wow Stu thats awesome, I hope this doesn't mean the shot clock will now be 10 seconds with no timeouts? :)

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Thanks so much Stu... I didn't know, but I'm not surprised. You're a great supporter of the game...

- Steve

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Returned from Europe just hours ago after a wonderful eleven day vacation, so I only just saw this thread.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. I'm happy to play even a small part in helping to sustain the momentum that straight pool has gathered of late, and look forward to seeing you guys in August. Of course, the real credit goes to Dragon Promotions and Comet Billiards, and I admire and appreciate their efforts to keep this wonderful event alive.

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dear Stu, you are and always will be a gentleman and a scholar. Big hug, Holly

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Yes i also thank you Stu !!

We should all arange to meet somewhere and get to put faces to names.

Hopefully i am going that is !!

Steve

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yes i also thank you Stu !!

We should all arange to meet somewhere and get to put faces to names.

Hopefully i am going that is !!

Steve

Thanks, Steve. Notice you're from Long Island. I lived in Roslyn on the North Shore from 1969-76, graduating from Roslyn High School in 1976. Hope to see you at the event.

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SJM
Thanks and I hope to see you again in the WBM basement.
I got dinner next time no matter what Don says.
Dana

DP.News

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stu is a great billiard supporter and he did not hesitate when asked to be a sponsor.
Harold Siegel is also another fine gentleman who has supported pool and long time sponsor of Tony Robles.
The World 14.1 Championship has been fortunate to have so many great men from NYC over the years helping.

Thank you again