LAYERED TIPS

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes...................
You play that much pool? Just curious 'cause i personally have never known a pool player to change that often. I've heard about Ronnie O going thru over a dozen EM's over the course of a tournament but he's got the rep as kind of a tip nerd.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
You play that much pool? Just curious 'cause i personally have never known a pool player to change that often. I've heard about Ronnie O going thru over a dozen EM's over the course of a tournament but he's got the rep as kind of a tip nerd.
I play at home and in 3 APA leagues .........................

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
oh yeah and I won't touch or buy anything with the Kamui name on it........... it a prime example of entrepreneurship and I commend them for that.................... "charge more and it will be perceived as better" ?................... all Kamui products are over rated and over priced,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, $30 for a cube of chalk??? you are stupid to pay their prices

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh yeah and I won't touch or buy anything with the Kamui name on it........... it a prime example of entrepreneurship and I commend them for that.................... "charge more and it will be perceived as better" ?................... all Kamui products are over rated and over priced,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, $30 for a cube of chalk??? you are stupid to pay their prices
Agree. I haven't bought a Kamui-branded product in yrs. Ultraskin tips are less than $3 and play every bit as good if not better.

middleofnowhere

Registered
I was a sceptic but the chalk is the real deal. I don't use it on every shot. I use it as sort of a primer for the tip. Then I use my other chalk of choice.

I don't care about the price. The piece I bought I have been using for several years. And it will probably last several more.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
I used Lepro, triangle etc. back in the day. Switched to Talisman WB and used them for many years with no issues.
Tried an untraskin and a kamui (given to me) a few years back. I liked them the least. I switched to milk duds a few years ago and am happy as ever. I don't have to scuff, pick, or shape them after initial install. They don't mushroom and are consistent AF. Bonus, they are made by a member here.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine went to the local Billiards store(yes we have a great full service store here) and got 2 Kamui tips installed.
He paid $85 for 2 tips installed. I get Triangles at the same store for $15 each installed.
This is insane to pay $85 for 2 tips.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine went to the local Billiards store(yes we have a great full service store here) and got 2 Kamui tips installed.
He paid $85 for 2 tips installed. I get Triangles at the same store for $15 each installed.

Forty dollar chalk and tips seem kinda crazy to me when my chalk costs under a quarter and my tips less than fifty cents. Then I consider a few things. I paid over a thousand dollars to gain a tenth of a second with my race car and was happy! We paid $420 a set for tires that lasted one night in the seventies too. I figure that forty dollar chalk and tips works out to less than a dollar a session, pretty cheap when you look at it that way!

There was a time when I played with a twelve dollar stick and a ten dollar tip. Won a half-dozen tournaments in a row with that combination in the eighties. My Meucci I bought for fifty dollars new paid for itself a dozen times over too. If I thought forty dollar tips or chalk gave me an edge I would run out and buy them I guess. Right now I am just trying to wear down this fancy tip that came with a shaft so I don't feel so bad about cutting it off and replacing it with a thirty-seven cent tip!

Hu

middleofnowhere

Registered
No that was my first knee-jerk reaction as well but if you figure. On your install the tip is about 75 cents they're cheap you get a box of 50 for like 37.50. so you paid about 14 and a quarter for the install.

The kamui can retail for about $23. So if they charge them retail for the tip plus the install which came to $42.50 a tip. They charged about $19 or so to install each tip. Not really that much more than yours. Just a lot more expensive tip.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
I had a kamui and really did not like it. I cut it off and took a chance on a Thoroughbred. I have really been enjoying it. Now I rarely have to mess with it and it plays much better too.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No that was my first knee-jerk reaction as well but if you figure. On your install the tip is about 75 cents they're cheap you get a box of 50 for like 37.50. so you paid about 14 and a quarter for the install.

The kamui can retail for about $23. So if they charge them retail for the tip plus the install which came to $42.50 a tip. They charged about $19 or so to install each tip. Not really that much more than yours. Just a lot more expensive tip.
I haven't had a tip put on there in awhile.
I think the Triangle tip is $3.00 and install was $10.00 plus a little sales tax.
Might be a little higher now.
One day service also.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had good and bad experiences with layered tips
conceptually tho, I prefer the idea of the single layer
been using 'duds for awhile now, good and bad with those, too
a member here turned me onto mueller's duds
and I really like the one that's on my cue now
I use a tip tool each time before I play, to recharge the grip on my tip
chalk with a masters cube before each shot
miscue once in awhile, but pretty sure that's due to user error :)
no mystery to me why players spend so much time talking about tip stuff
the tip is a big thing that connects us, to the balls, to the game
it would be more curious if professed players didn't experiment
and debate about such a thing..play on

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Tip replacement price varies from place to place. Local guy who is retired does labor for $10.00/Tip.

Price is fair as he has tools to do job right.

Tips are extra price depending on what you want, or bring your own. No problem.
1626046946595.png