Learn with an aiming system or not

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I didn't know if you meant to pick 25 each for 50 total, or pick 50 each for 100 total. Which is it?
Each person picks 50 shots. We do all 100 and whomever does them all in the least amount of attempts wins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
98. In the early 90s. Now maybe 6.

Sorry, I don't buy it. Unless you farted out a 98 high on acid, there's no way your game could deteriorate so much that you can only run 6 now. You never lose the knowledge it takes to run that many, so you should be able to run more than 6 with a broom handle.

Either the 98 is wrong or the 6 is.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Sorry, I don't buy it. Unless you farted out a 98 high on acid, there's no way your game could deteriorate so much that you can only run 6 now. You never lose the knowledge it takes to run that many, so you should be able to run more than 6 with a broom handle.

Either the 98 is wrong or the 6 is.
Guess you will need to bet something to find out.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Any high-level "aiming system" should address all of these issues. DAM most certainly does.

Regards,
Dave
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GHOSTBA...480332?hash=item20fbcd2a0c:g:f84AAOxy5rpSSzWM

To the OP, to practice DAM, I suggest getting the Ghost Ball Aim Trainer.
And maybe a golf tee .
Imagine golf tee sitting on the center of the ghost ball.
That is where your aiming line should be ( on center ball hits ).
Your body should be lined up to that BEFORE going down to bridge for the shot.
I suggest a stiff rear leg placed well so your hip does not interfere with your stroke.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If we look at the hours it took to make and then argue about the game, the $10,000 works out to less than minimum wage, not even accounting for backers, travel costs, etc.

You are bickering with him on here right now for nothing.

How much you getting paid for that?

Maybe he will come to where you are at. You could go home at night and wouldn't have any travel costs. Maybe he will even bring you a sack lunch, so you won't have to go out and eat.

He sounds eager. Eagerness doesn't necessarily equate to making the best deals. Maybe you could put up a couple chili cheese corndogs against one of his cheaper cases.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You are bickering with him on here right now for nothing.

How much you getting paid for that?

Maybe he will come to where you are at. You could go home at night and wouldn't have any travel costs. Maybe he will even bring you a sack lunch, so you won't have to go out and eat.

He sounds eager. Eagerness doesn't necessarily equate to making the best deals. Maybe you could put up a couple chili cheese corndogs against one of his cheaper cases.
I wish the forum had LIKE buttons. Glad it's not this tough to match up in the poolroom.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Guess you will need to bet something to find out.

i like a lil action with folks i enjoy

next time you come through the memphis area i don't think you'll 60 in 5 tries on a 9' diamond table in the largest local room

i'll bet wholesale $$$ against one of your fancier cases of my choice or i'd buy the case @ retail if that's your preference, so, it's nothing big and certainly not worth a special trip

if you decline by communicating or not responding i won't disparage you in any way

window is open for 6 mos

best, a

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
i like a lil action with folks i enjoy

next time you come through the memphis area i don't think you'll 60 in 5 tries on a 9' diamond table in the largest local room

i'll bet wholesale $$$ against one of your fancier cases of my choice or i'd buy the case @ retail if that's your preference, so, it's nothing big and certainly not worth a special trip

if you decline by communicating or not responding i won't disparage you in any way

window is open for 6 mos

best, a
I just said I can't run 6. Plus it's been pointed out how horrible my stroke is and that I likely will never progress to c player level.

Also you surely understand that 60 is a well above average run even for 14.1 players. In the old records even the world's best often didn't have many runs above 50 during the course of two week round robin events. Runs of 100 were uncommon.

So I would need to start working on my 14.1 game now and take your bet in a year or so ;-)

I might try for the fun of it and see if I can beat my 2017 six ball high run and send you a video.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
People keep talking about "aim" and "stroke," but "sighting" and "alignment" are also critical. To be a good potter, one must have accurate and consistent:

1.) aiming
2.) sighting
3.) alignment
4.) stroke

And one must also know how to compensate aim for squirt, swerve and throw when appropriate.

Enjoy the resources linked,
Dave

Any high-level "aiming system" should address all of these issues. DAM most certainly does.
Dam does not and it is not an aiming system.
I disagree. If people want to decide for themselves, they can read about DAM and compare it to all of the other "aiming systems" on the aiming systems resource page. I personally think DAM is the closest to what most top players do.

Regards,
Dave

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You have not studied imaginary numbers, obviously.:eek:

In Imaginary challenges that is correct. 50 + 50 = 50;)

I think that's true only if they're 120 degrees apart. At least that's what my carom buddy Lenny Euler told me a long time ago. Kind of like a nine-ball rack.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your disagreement is noted and yet you are still wrong.

Well actualy he's not and his credentials far exceed yours and his proof is in hundreds if not thousands who have played the game at world class level buy his method ,,
In fact the only players you have provided were great players long before they learned CTE ,,
I'd venture to almost every single younger player has learned by the way he speaks of
Fact is aiming systems like CTE only aid the ones who suffer in aiming to begin with

For a guy like me who could see nat shit on a ball from 10 ft when I was younger and no longer have that ability it may aid me but would have had zero value to me when I was younger

Last edited: