Lose on purpose

quadrary

Custom Leather Cue Cases
Silver Member
I am with you never lose on purpose. I dont know what league you play in but at APA nationals every year teams are disqualified for sandbagging their handicaps.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Technically I am the team captain and I wasn't there Thursday night.
The first week when I was there, I told everyone just to play their game (when the subject came up).
Keith must of got caught up in the moment as you guys were torturing the other team.

We'll talk at Hank's, can you pick me up?

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
huh???

I play APA and yes there are always sand baggers (cheaters).

I play every game to win and at the best of my ability.

I cheat no one and I have never let any one else win on purpose.

I call fouls on myself even if the opponent didn't see it.

I win slightly over 50% of my matches.

Play to win and let the others do what they may.

Only you will know the truth.

Sleep well and stay thirsty ,,,, my friend.

Kim

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Yea, but men with integrity usually sleep in the street.

Really?
That's a fine line you've drawn for yourself.
I always thought that eventually it would be the other way around.
Guess I was wrong, so I will be the first guy with a "homeless" sign that uses spell check.

BryanBpool

M.T.F.B.
Silver Member
If you dont dump, then your team will eventually implode.

This is exactly why I do not play in the APA anymore.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Do you think I'm kidding. Your average hard working man can barely survive. Take a look around.

Then look at your government officials, corporate officers and such. They are the real hustlers. And they live very well. You need to lie, cheat, and steal to obtain power.

I agree, and the first thing on my agenda is to make sure that everyone on my team, especially the OP, understands that I am in control.
Discipline was a little lax the other night without me there, so it's time to seize this opportunity and let everyone know that there is a new sheriff in town.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you think I'm kidding. Your average hard working man can barely survive. Take a look around.

Then look at your government officials, corporate officers and such. They are the real hustlers. And they live very well. You need to lie, cheat, and steal to obtain power.

If I believed that, I'd just kill myself right now. You have a sad view of the world.

whoaaaa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Uhhhh... you're comparing league to politics and real life?

Sandbaggers have no competitive spirit. If they did, they could never bare losing on purpose to keep their handicap down.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you kidding. I have a sad view of the world because it is sad.

My world is anything but sad. I'm an average, hard-working American, and things are going quite well for me. I'm sorry you live in a sad world. Let me know if I can help.

Jodacus

Shoot...don't talk
Silver Member
Sikemigel is wrong. The vast majority of highly successful people are dedicated, trustworthy, honest, and extremely hard working. The rich guy who does something wrong makes the news, the poor guy who does the exact same thing does not. There are cheats in every aspect of life but the highly successful are successful because of their extraordinary characteristics, not because the are dishonest. I am sorry if this bursts any bubbles but the truth is the successful are successful because they are better. The better pool player wins, the better golfer wins, the better COO wins. Some people cheat at pool, some at golf, some at business, but most do not. Don't let the politicians convince anyone that 2+2=18, it does not. Class warfare is politics of the time. Divide and conquer is the political mantra today.
Please note that not all highly successful people get rich and not all rich people are highly successful or even moderately successful. To say all corporate people are cheats is akin ta calling all pool players low life, lazy losers. Both generalizations are simply wrong.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
To the OP- way to go!

Your captain (and possibly the league) are the confused ones.

League play is supposed to be enjoyable- done properly, it is supposed to make you play your best.

I might suggest you try USAPL. I know there is one in Denver area (your area). After a few weeks, you will find it a real challenge to win.

The historical records show about 70% hill/hill matches. The system has a lot of safeguards against sandbagging. Is it still possible to manipulate? Yes- but sandbagging only works when you come off your stall- and that is when you get caught!

On a side note: sikemigel sounds like pocketpoint. Enough is enough. It seems azbilliards is getting more than our share of disturbed people. Between SC5 and a couple others, it is getting less enjoyable all the time.
Methinks mr. Wilson needs to find a bigger hammer.

I really believe in freedom of speech - but some are abusive.

Mark griffin

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would never play on a team or league that would expect me to lose a game on purpose.:frown:

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
Technically I am the team captain and I wasn't there Thursday night.
The first week when I was there, I told everyone just to play their game (when the subject came up).
Keith must of got caught up in the moment as you guys were torturing the other team.

We'll talk at Hank's, can you pick me up?

Sandbager!!!!

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You sound like one of those 99% people out there protesting wall street these days simply because they're the 'have nots' looking up at the 'have everythings.' We've created this notion that everybody that 'has everything' for some reason needs to be villified because theyv'e obviously achieved their sucess as a result of corruption.
I am an average hard working man suporting a family of four on one paycheck, so I consider myself a 'have not' at the moment. But do I resent the 'have everythings'? No...............I'm a 'have not' because I've put myself here..................and I will be a 'have everything' because I will eventually put myself there too!
To me the funniest thing about all these protests are that for the majority of us hard working Americans, it would be very difficult to attend these demonstrations and sit ins because we all most likely can't take the time off from the jobs that we have to attend!! How is it that some of those people can attend for several days at a time? Because they don't work, don't pay into the system......................and they wonder why they're the "have nots"?
dave