Lost my head, I'm sorry

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lost your head!!! I hate when that happens. Did they glue it or sew it back on?

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Now, as far as the actual giving you the money. You came tome and asked for some of it and for whatever reason I gave you $10. Not sure why it wasn't $20 I gave you some of it as you asked. The next time you came to me wewereinthemiddleoftheevent and hada lot ofthings going on andso giving you the rest ofthe money wasn't at the top of my list since you were there at the event and felt sure that I would be seeing you before you left and that is when youwouldbeneeding it. You never said to me "Hey I'm leaveing can you give me that $$?". As you said you just left.

He did not say he just left, he said he asked for the money, you gave him the brush off with $10, for whatever reason not simply giving him the $50 right there and then since you were in your wallet anyhow. Then, with you knowing he wanted the money, having asked you for it already, you ignored it.

The guy should not have had to beg you for the money, he should not have had to follow you around like a bloody lapdog and ask you "please sir Mr. Cantrill I am leaving now, can I please have that money that we agreed on that I already asked you for earlier in the day and got a brush off on?"

If you make a deal with a guy for something like this you pay him, hopefully BEFORE he has to ask for it, and sure as hell when he does if he is actually forced to ask. Expecting him to ask you multiple times while you act like it is such a big thing, sorry but noone wants to go through that kind of crap grubbing to you and begging for what is simply owed to them.

As he said, forget the $40 now, someone with alot more class then you went into their own pocket and paid him since they appreciated what he did for the sport. It should have been you, you should have honored the deal when you had the ability to do so right in front of his face.

Now instead you deal with the reality of how the event actually went down and what it says about your character, you dont get to now buy back that lost respect, which you are probably now seeing is worth alot more then $40.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is pretty much accurate

I wanted to get some footage, yes. But I also said in the very beginning that if I had to ask TV Mike for permission, then I would rather just forget the whole thing..

Cali, I think you showed absolutely no class here. You could have picked up the phone and called Mark, as he doesn't hide his phone number or email address.

You contacted Mark, you wanted video for your website, you wanted to meet the world champion players, Strickland, Archer, and Varner. Mark agreed to get you behind the scenes to "bypass" TVMike, and then later, you ask for gas money.

Really, he was letting you in behind the scenes to benefit your website and you get to meet three world champions and get a ring side seat to the match. I can't even believe you are complaining.

Kind of a bait and switch if you ask me. Get the idea going, get Mark excited about you helping promote the event, and then "oh by the way I'm broke"...

Yes, Mark should not have agreed to the $50 later on, and should have paid you if he said he was going to...but the way you presented it was kinda of a joke.

I mean he brings you behind the scenes, give you (free of charge) exclusive footage that you can use forever, great seats to the event and you get to meet (up close and personal) 3 world champion pool players.

I'm not really sure you got a bad deal here and many fans would have paid for the priviledge. So next time you are "broke" please don't offer to "help" someone when you really are not in a position to. And if this is really only about the money, and there are no other issues, then please send me your paypal and I WILL pay you the $40 myself. Sometimes we have to help our pool promoters and sometimes our pool friends.......I'm in either way...

who are you to come on here and give CALI a hard time about trying to help US pool fan with a behind the scenes look at this ledgendary pool match up,and he was doing it for free(except a little gas money,not nearly enough for all of his trips back and forth)so u speak for yourself when you tell CALI dont try to help anyone anymore,I FOR ONE APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP CALI DOES FOR US POOL FANS AND OUR FORUMS!

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Hmmmm

who are you to come on here and give CALI a hard time about trying to help US pool fan with a behind the scenes look at this ledgendary pool match up,and he was doing it for free(except a little gas money,not nearly enough for all of his trips back and forth)so u speak for yourself when you tell CALI dont try to help anyone anymore,I FOR ONE APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP CALI DOES FOR US POOL FANS AND OUR FORUMS!

Well, since you asked, I will tell you who the hell I am. I'm the guy that offered Mark to provide free security to Earl and Johnny for the event due to some unruly fans the last time Earl played.....

When he said yes, I did not later then ask for something in return. I got in my car and drove to Lincoln from Chicago, arrived Friday night, drove Earl to his hotel each day, my friend was Johnny's "cornerman" and we stayed for the entire tourney sitting ringside, helping with the gate and ensuring only paying customers got through. The difference is I"m not asking anyone for anything because I offered the help, and I didn't want to broadcast my assistance, but I don't like being called out by a troll like you when you don't know what the F*ck you are talking about....

Food and Drink: $60
Round trip gas: $150
Hotel: $175
Hanging with Earl and Johnny for the weekend: PRICELESS

And I'm one of the main sponsors (hint: putting up money and not getting any of it back) in bringing Buddy Hall and Nick Varner to Chicago, and worked behind the scenes with the local pool room in Chicago. So, if I want to make a comment about what I think is a bull sh*t move to not only ask for gas money after the fact but then drag it out on AZB before picking up the phone and speaking to him like a man, I sir shall do it anytime I damn well please.

Last edited:

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
ChicagoRJ said:
You contacted Mark, you wanted video for your website, you wanted to meet the world champion players, Strickland, Archer, and Varner. Mark agreed to get you behind the scenes to "bypass" TVMike, and then later, you ask for gas money.

Really, he was letting you in behind the scenes to benefit your website and you get to meet three world champions and get a ring side seat to the match. I can't even believe you are complaining.

Kind of a bait and switch if you ask me. Get the idea going, get Mark excited about you helping promote the event, and then "oh by the way I'm broke"...

Yes, Mark should not have agreed to the $50 later on, and should have paid you if he said he was going to...but the way you presented it was kinda of a joke.

I mean he brings you behind the scenes, give you (free of charge) exclusive footage that you can use forever, great seats to the event and you get to meet (up close and personal) 3 world champion pool players.

I'm not really sure you got a bad deal here and many fans would have paid for the priviledge. So next time you are "broke" please don't offer to "help" someone when you really are not in a position to. And if this is really only about the money, and there are no other issues, then please send me your paypal and I WILL pay you the $40 myself. Sometimes we have to help our pool promoters and sometimes our pool friends.......I'm in either way...

Nice dream you have going on there, but you're going to have to snap out of it. I like how you've used your wild imagination to concoct this story about all of these feelings I had. Problem is though, none of it is based upon fact.

Nice of you to share this "story" with everyone though. Let's see..... I could have swore I remember you posting on here that you drove down for this event. That you were some kind of dude that drove one of the players around or something.

Ahhhhh... yes... I found the posts. You posted several times about this event and after reading your posts, I can see why you came up with all your wild stories about what I was thinking.

It's clear you are one of those "star struck" people. I'm sure your the type of guy that gets all kinds of autographs, pictures of a player standing next to you like their your best buddy, probably call all your friends and brag about how you actually shook the very hand of a player!

You say .....

ChicagoRJ said:
Hmmm - 04-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Well, I can tell you first hand a few things. I was Earl's "cornerman" for the weekend, walked him in and out of the room, smoke breaks, drive him to his hotel, etc.

(not quite sure what you did here??? You walked him in and out of the room and walked him to take smoke breaks?) You make it sound like you were a bodyguard or something... Talking into your mic in your ear, shielding him from the masses of adoring fans, pushing thru the crowd, putting your body in front of his to take any bullets. Did you light his smoke for him? Did you put it out for him?

ChicagoRJ said:
Hmmmm - 04-04-2011, 07:42 PM
I was at the match, and helped out by being Earl's "cornerman" for the weekend.

and then your posts are all filled with Rah, Rah stuff... going on and on about the fans and signing autographs, taking pictures, everything you talk about is all squeaky clean, good ole American apple pie and cookies time for the family and kids.

So yeah, now I get why you dreamed up this whole story you came up with. Because your one of those "star struck" type of people, you believe everyone else must think like you do. That everyone else wets their panties at the thought of actually touching the hand of someone who plays pro pool.

Well, let me help out here, so instead of you telling everyone on this forum all of these things I was thinking, how about if I tell you what I was thinking. I respect pro players for their ability. I am in awe of it sometime. However, I am in not in awe of the person. Everybody is just a person to me.. we all crap every day, we all sweat and stink, everyone is the same to me. Just because someone can sing or put a pool ball in a hole, or throw a pass 60 yards and hit a target, does not make me worship the person. I respect their ability, that's all.

I am not one of these people that worship celebrities, or get autographs or brag to their friends about any encounter I have with them. I don't get all these staged photos of them putting the arm around me like they're best buddies with me. I don't dig in the garbage and scrape their gum out and put it in a glass case on my mantle. I don't dig one of their smokes out of buttcan and put it in a little locket and hang it around me neck and tell people I actually have some of Earl's DNA right here!

That's the way I am, I don't hold it against others who are like that, but I'm not. I have never understood that whole thing, the whole fan thing I don't get. The funniest thing to me is watching screaming fans sobbing and in the state of shock because they see some celebrity in person. To think someone could faint because they're within 50 feet of some person they worship cracks me up.

I wanted to share some video with the rest of the pool community. That's it. It's no ego thing for me, I just love High Definition video and want to share it. If you notice, I have nothing else up on my website from any of the footage I took. So that ought to tell you something. I guess it wasn't all that important to me, was it? Maybe someday I'll sort thru it all and put something up, but it won't be for quite awhile.

I initially wanted to just either watch this match online or maybe go down there with some buddies. Just have a nice relaxing time and maybe shoot some footage here and there. No pressures, no worries, no commitments. So when Mark told me I had to ask permission from TV Mike just to do that.. I right away just said... if I have to do all that, I'd rather not. It's no big deal. When he brought up the idea that he wanted to do a behind the scenes thing.... I was really not into it all.

That's what I was thinking to myself. Because I know what it involves to do something like that. I went from a relaxing weekend of maybe watch it, maybe not, maybe drive down,maybe not... to where I would have no relaxing time and it would be all work.

Why don't you ask yourself this..... would you do all of this to put up a video on a website or to meet a pool player, if you aren't the type that worships them, so it's really no big deal to you about that?

Work 14 hours a day on Tues and Wed. Get little sleep. Drive 50 miles to take some video, drive 50 miles back. It's now 10:00 pm. Stay up going thru your video and editing it for the next 3 hours. Now spend the next 3 or 4 hours putting together the video. Then spend several hours monitoring the upload of the video. Get a couple hours sleep. Drive 50 miles, take video all day, drive 50 miles back and do the same thing all over again. Get a couple hours sleep. Drive 50 miles to location again.

Does that sound like a whole lot of fun to you?

I agreed to do it on such short notice for a few reasons. I wanted to help Mark out because I knew that doing something like this should help create some more buys for him, create some more buzz for the event. I also wanted some to have some more video to share with everyone. I don't feel there is enough video out there of any behind the scenes stuff and I thought the pool community would really enjoy it. So if I didn't do it, I was depriving everyone here of this chance I had to bring it to them.

You dreamed up all this really cool stuff that I should have been down on my knees thanking the Lord for the opportunity bestowed on me... but let's run thru your list.

1. meeting 3 world champions - no biggie.. already met them before. Not going to ask anyone for their autograph, so nothing going on there. I would treat them like anyone else.. if they have a cool personality, are funny we could have a good time, same as the owners of Drifters, or Airart1 or the bartender.

2. get video for my website - sure I got some video, haven't even bothered to go thru it, more important projects I"m working on. I don't make any money from hits on my site, I got no ads, no revenue, all I do is create videos to share with the pool community. Only thing I get is the satisfaction of having made something that other people enjoy

3. get a ring side seat to the match - hmmm... since I really don't get to watch hardly any of it, when your mind is focused on work, you can't enjoy any of the match. You're always thinking of something cool to capture, or standing there with a camera glued to your eye hoping you catch a good shot. I also mentioned I only watched the 8 ball match. I could have stayed and watched the 10 ball, could have came back Sunday and watched the straight pool. I didn't though, because the whole thing was soured for me. You put a lot of work into something and don't feel like your effort and time was worthy of getting what you were promised.. ruins the whole thing for you.

So while that may all sound all cool and crap to you, for people that don't put pool players on a pedestal, it's just another day at the office. Don't get me wrong.. I love being around top players and I love watching pool played at the highest level. It's the only type of pool that does something for me. But I've been around top players for many years, so I don't get all weak-kneed when I see them.:)

Maybe you don't know this... but I have dedicated a enormous amount of time and energy to give back to the game of pool. I love this game and I want to do anything I can to promote it, the players, the fans, the vendors, the sponsors. I have dedicated hundreds and hundreds of hours of my time creating videos, writing on forums, doings stats, helping people with technical issues, moderating forums, sharing pictures, creating tributes to players we lost so their families have something nice and promoting pool events to help raise interest in them.

90% of those hundred and hundreds of hours spent, I've done for nothing. I haven't asked for anything and I haven't got anything. There have been a few people that offer to compensate me for what I do and I do not refuse them. Justin from TAR and Steve Booth from onepocket.org have insisted they donate in appreciation for projects I have done for them. There have even been a few people from the forums that have sent me a little something just to say thanks for everything I've done.

So I am very offended at your use of the "bait and switch" and the inference that I was somehow trying to stick Mark up. I realized how much time I was going to have to spend to do this and how many sacrifices I was going to have to make to do it on such short notice. It was a "Wouldn't it be cool to do this" idea on the spur of the moment. It wasn't some advertised feature, it wasn't part of anything planned with the event. So it was no big deal if it happened or if it didn't happen.

Against my better judgement, I decided to throw it on my plate for no other reason then wanting to give you guys something to watch and to help out Mark. And if you want to question me or if anyone else wants to question me for simply asking for a few bucks to help me with gas expenses, which I did up front in the early discussions, then you point out the hundreds and hundreds of hours you spend for free to give back to this game.

Your comment "Sometimes we have to help our pool promoters and sometimes our pool friends.......I'm in either way..." is offensive to me. The reason you drove down here was for to satisfy your rush to meet legends, to hang with them, to have a front row seat. Getting to drive Earl around is probably a experience you will treasure for life.

But what exactly again did you do unselfishly for the pool community here? What sacrifice did you do to help our pool promoters and pool friends? Was it the drive Earl back and forth to the hotel, walk him in and out of the building and help him with his smoke breaks?

Ok... well thanks, sorry for me being late on that, but thanks.

(I broke my promise of not replying in this thread again, but your accusations questioning my motives and making it seem like I should be gratified for the opportunity to do this and that it's almost as if I should have paid him to do this, stuck in my craw. If you had any clue what something like this involves it would help you make posts that make more sense then the one you just did. I can say this though.. I will not be wasting any more of my time responding to anything written here, no matter what anyone says or claims. I"m busy trying to bring more stuff for all of you to enjoy.

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
Well, since you asked, I will tell you who the hell I am. I'm the guy that offered Mark to provide free security to Earl and Johnny for the event due to some unruly fans the last time Earl played.....

When he said yes, I did not later then ask for something in return. I got in my car and drove to Lincoln from Chicago, arrived Friday night, drove Earl to his hotel each day, my friend was Johnny's "cornerman" and we stayed for the entire tourney sitting ringside, helping with the gate and ensuring only paying customers got through. The difference is I"m not asking anyone for anything because I offered the help, and I didn't want to broadcast my assistance, but I don't like being called out by a troll like you when you don't know what the F*ck you are talking about....

And I'm one of the main sponsors (hint: putting up money and not getting any of it back) in bringing Buddy Hall and Nick Varner to Chicago, and worked behind the scenes with the local pool room in Chicago. So, if I want to make a comment about what I think is a bull sh*t move to not only ask for gas money after the fact but then drag it out on AZB before picking up the phone and speaking to him like a man, I sir shall do it anytime I damn well please.

Free security? Yeah, you drove down there for free, because there is no way in hell anyone is going to pay anybody to "provide security" for a couple of pool players in a bar in the daytime.

Talk about drama... providing security due to unruly fans? Watching the gate to make sure no rabid gate crasher fans broke thru the wall of security? C'mon.. be serious:D This is a couple of pool players in Lincoln Nebraska held in the daytime in a bar where the only people that are there, are there to watch the event. It's not filled with a bunch of violent drunks that are looking to crash a couple of guys playing pool:)

You once again have your facts all wrong. I never agreed to do this, then drove down there the day I started working and asked for money.

I asked for gas money before I ever agreed to do it, a week before the event. If he would have said no, can't do it. I would have said ok.. I can't do it then. No big deal, no hard feelings.. it was a simple business decision. He made hundreds of decisions to put this event together.

My god...I simply stated a incident I had with Mark, having avoided many threads previously where I could have, if I so desired. I did not do so.. but months later when people are hammering someone who is getting the run around, I felt it pertinent to share a experience I had where I was left unsatisfied too. Nobody called me up in the months following the event, no one sent me emails to rectify the issue. But I'm supposed to hunt someone down? I already said my pride is not worth 40 bucks.

Geez.. this is not the end of the world. I'm a guy that says I did work for someone and didn't get paid and that I was disappointed. That's it. There's no attack on anyone, no deep hidden agenda to smear someones name.. Just a simple statement of facts.

Never said Mark was a bad guy, in fact I told him i considered the matter closed and thanked him for putting together events and wished him luck in the future.

Having worked in management for many years, I am a big on customer service. I'm a consumer advocate. If I see people getting hammered for expressing their frustration on being taken care of, I felt the need to offer a incident where I was not taken care of either. It's not meant to smear anyone, hopefully it makes them think a little more in the future about what is the right thing to do.

Geez.. I'm telling you.. some of the people here really have the need to create soap operas out of nothing.:D

PS.. good luck in your event in Chicago. Hope you have fun and hope you have a good turnout. It's all good !

Last edited:

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Man can i have ur autograph at dcc this year,dam u were hanging with johnny and earl,yeah i like to hang also,but not from someones nuts!

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Nice dream you have going on there, but you're going to have to snap out of it. I like how you've used your wild imagination to concoct this story about all of these feelings I had. Problem is though, none of it is based upon fact.

Nice of you to share this "story" with everyone though. Let's see..... I could have swore I remember you posting on here that you drove down for this event. That you were some kind of dude that drove one of the players around or something.

It's clear you are one of those "star struck" people. I'm sure your the type of guy that gets all kinds of autographs, pictures of a player standing next to you like their your best buddy, probably call all your friends and brag about how you actually shook the very hand of a player!

Dude, me think you should put down the crack pipe. And since you mentioned "free security" that was not needed because it was in the daytime...... yeah, we know nothing bad ever happend in the daylight?? wow.
And it was also part of the "show"... since the name of the event was "Bad Blood" Get it now dofus.......
Yeah, no drunken idiots ever bothered Earl before, right Cali ???

Yeah, I'm star struck.... I grew up in the biggest money pool hall in Chicago. My Dad's partner and best friend is Freddy the Beard, and most of the top players came through here..including Varner and Strickland. Big whup. You do something for pool and it is all unicorns and princesses, but if I do something to help a friend promote his business then I'm "star struck". Get real. And of course you just insulted almost every person in attendance because most of them got an autograph, picture or chatted with Earl or Johnny. They are called pool fans in case you didn't know.

I've been in law enforcment, security and fraud business for 22 years. So, yeah, I provided a service for a friend and had a good time. And no glitches with anyone or any fan during the entire event I may add. But I didn't whine about my gas money or anything because when I volunteer there are NO CATCHES.

But your broke ass had to use your paycheck to get his camera out of hock, worked double shifts to get the time off, drove 100 miles round trip to do a behind the scenes with the players, yet I"m the star struck one... Get a big grip here dude.

I could afford to help out and have some fun as well. You couldn't and shouldn't because obviously you didn't have the time nor the resources.

Then you don't have the class to pick up a phone or even a quick email and use AZ to slam someone. You are not only insulting Mark but tar and feathering his business as this is what he does, and you did it over a lousy $40. Real classy dude. We need more pool friends like you I guess and a lot less like me.

Then you take the money from someone else not even related to the problem.....I guess I'm just not the "take a hand out" type of guy... Must be my pride. Something you know nothing about obviously.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Hmmm

Man can i have ur autograph at dcc this year,dam u were hanging with johnny and earl,yeah i like to hang also,but not from someones nuts!

Yeah, you can have it, I sign it on a pool ball right before I shove it down your throat. How's that tough guy... hiding behind your keyboard.... everyone knows who I am, RJ WILKINSON, what say you??

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Hmmm

YEAH AND EVERYBODY KNOWS ME ALSO RICHIE ADAMS,BALTIMORE MARYLAND,I GO TO ALL THE DCC IAM NOT HARD TO FIND COME THE 1ST OF THE YEAR!

Oh,,, richie adams, the official nuthugger of calired,,,,now i remember....

and i'm the little nobody that dared to stand up to the great calired... take your nut loving somewhere's else because you were not there and you don't have any dog in this fight.....

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Hmmm

QUOTE: calired: My god...I simply stated a incident I had with Mark, having avoided many threads previously where I could have, if I so desired. I did not do so.. but months later when people are hammering someone who is getting the run around, I felt it pertinent to share a experience I had where I was left unsatisfied too. Nobody called me up in the months following the event, no one sent me emails to rectify the issue. But I'm supposed to hunt someone down? I already said my pride is not worth 40 bucks.

Geez.. this is not the end of the world. I'm a guy that says I did work for someone and didn't get paid and that I was disappointed. That's it. There's no attack on anyone, no deep hidden agenda to smear someones name.. Just a simple statement of facts.

Never said Mark was a bad guy, in fact I told him i considered the matter closed and thanked him for putting together events and wished him luck in the future.

Having worked in management for many years, I am a big on customer service. I'm a consumer advocate. If I see people getting hammered for expressing their frustration on being taken care of, I felt the need to offer a incident where I was not taken care of either. It's not meant to smear anyone, hopefully it makes them think a little more in the future about what is the right thing to do.

Geez.. I'm telling you.. some of the people here really have the need to create soap operas out of nothing.

PS.. good luck in your event in Chicago. Hope you have fun and hope you have a good turnout. It's all good !

CRJ:
I do love the back hand compliments. Tell everyone how Mark screwed you out of $40 so the whole world can see, and then thank him for his time and appreciate everything he does for pool. You could of made one phone call or one email, I don't consider that "chasing" someone down. WOW.

Then rip me apart, and then say Good Luck with the Chicago event and hope you have fun ? Again, real classy because you a classy guy. I'm not real sure what is up... you seem to have a good rep over at 1P.org, but it was my opinoin and still is that you went about this completely wrong. And that goes for me too. But here were are at completely different spectrums regarding the issue.

Last edited:

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is the worst series of jacked up quotes I have ever seen.

It's unclear who said what for the last several posts. Someone needs to STEP AWAY FROM THE QUOTE BUTTON and just start with the person's name or post # they are referring to.

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Louise

Ray

ps. Please DO NOT quote this post. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u-I0D9ReqI&feature=related

Last edited:

TVmike

Professional Live Stream
Silver Member
wow

kids kids... Cal red I think your nuts for even thinking you have to type and explain yourself so much however regarding one thing said.,If you had to ask TvMike permisssion you wouldn't bother.

The reason why anyone would technically have to ask me permission is because I contractually have the video rights to the event. Did I throw a fit if someone was taping some stuff for personal use, NO, did I care you were doing some interviews and taping people fixing up the table or whatever NO I did not care.

The way I understood it is that you asked if you could come and film for your website and well Mark said I guess if you did that then you would need to produce it in a promotional capacity. Then you asked for gas money. So basically firstly Mark was doing you a favor to have professional players behind the scenes of an event as something on your "label" Nevermind you don't care about money or it's for free it still gives you credit that you filmed such a caliber of a match and players behind the scenes. I agree it's cool.

I also agree that you decided to post all that extraneous stuff about gas money and 10$ here and there is petty.

But the final thing to say to possibly close this thread is that Justabanger has received his refund for his experience with the match so everyone can go home and play nice now.

JUSTABANGER 2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jeeze man, i had a paypal account and never use it so i was working on trying to figure out passwords, and i had it under a different email address so had problems getting into it. I was also doing other things and working on it on and off. Anyway i still have not been able to get into but all is well as i have figured out away to pay pal the money to you. Should be there shortly.

Please make sure to post on here when you get it please. So all know you got it.

i got it. A guy named robert finke sent it to me. I take it he's the guy that bank rolled this whole thing. I sent him a thank you email. I also phoned tv mike and told them both how that if mark had handle like he should have. These last two neg. Threads would have never been started. I think there's enough blame to go around. But in my case mark gets most of it.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
This is the worst series of jacked up quotes I have ever seen.

It's unclear who said what for the last several posts. Someone needs to STEP AWAY FROM THE QUOTE BUTTON and just start with the person's name or post # they are referring to.

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Louise

Rayr

Maybe it works different for other people, but I click the "Quote" botton on the bottom right of a post, and AZBilliards does the whole job for me, the "quote" brackets are all in the proper spot, you are GTG, all you have to do is go to the bottom of the window and start writing.

You actually have to work at screwing this up....

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
kids kids... Cal red I think your nuts for even thinking you have to type and explain yourself so much however regarding one thing said.,If you had to ask TvMike permisssion you wouldn't bother.

The reason why anyone would technically have to ask me permission is because I contractually have the video rights to the event. Did I throw a fit if someone was taping some stuff for personal use, NO, did I care you were doing some interviews and taping people fixing up the table or whatever NO I did not care.

The way I understood it is that you asked if you could come and film for your website and well Mark said I guess if you did that then you would need to produce it in a promotional capacity. Then you asked for gas money. So basically firstly Mark was doing you a favor to have professional players behind the scenes of an event as something on your "label" Nevermind you don't care about money or it's for free it still gives you credit that you filmed such a caliber of a match and players behind the scenes. I agree it's cool.

I also agree that you decided to post all that extraneous stuff about gas money and 10$ here and there is petty.

But the final thing to say to possibly close this thread is that Justabanger has received his refund for his experience with the match so everyone can go home and play nice now.

for the 100th time, I didn't ask to do anything other then film some stuff from the bar for kicks and giggles. When I got told I had to ask permission and all that stuff, I said it's not a big deal.. no biggie.. never hurts to ask. Thanks anyways.

Marks the one that always wanted to do a behind the scenes thing and he asked me if I was interested in doing something like that. I wasn't too keen on it with the short notice and the fact he said he couldn't afford to pay me to do it. (pay as in real pay, you know like people get paid to put videos together) I thought about it and said what the hell... I know it's going to be a tremendous amount of work for me, but hey I"ll try and help him out with it. So I wrote back and said that I would take a shot at it, but I didn't want it to cost me to do it. If he didn't want to fork over some gas money, it was no big deal. He hadn't planned on having a behind the scenes at any point anyways. It was a spur of the moment thing that was just a little extra fluff if it happened, if it didn't it was no big deal. He intelligently knew that for a lousy 50 bucks, he could get a guy to put together something that it might have cost him 10 times that much. To pay someone to shoot video, edit it, put them up in a hotel, pay for expenses to get there would have been expensive.

When you decide to do someone a favor and do countless hours of work for them for free for no other reason then you're a good guy that is just trying to help people out by utilizing their talents that they could be getting real money for, if you're giving all of that away for free, asking for gas money to go do it, surely can't come as a shock. Who the hell says I"ll donate 30 hours of my time for free AND I also want me to PAY to do it?:confused:

It's like saying out of the goodness of your heart, because you a construction worker, you will do a buddy a favor and build them a house for free... but hey, even though you're giving away thousands of dollars in free labor, you expect them to buy the materials to build the house.

Wow, it is a really crazy world out there, when a person does someone else a huge favor for no personal gain for themselves, for no other reason then to just help them out, and people can find fault in them and lay blame on them.

It COST me money out of my own pocket to DONATE 30 hours of my time. Sorry but the thrill of seeing a pro pool player and watching a pro shoot pool, is not a foreign sight to me so saying I got a free pass to get in to shoot video for the project I was working on, does not fly.

I cannot believe that I have to reply to this again because false information is being printed.

At this point I'm laughing and saying to myself you guys are all fricking nuts.:D

I am REALLY done with this thread now. I got stuff to do for someone that's been very good to me.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CALI , you know I like you brother, but do yourself a favor and relax, we all know your side.
All your going to do is make yourself sick, literally.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Hmmm

QUOTE: calired: I'm disappointed in Mark Cantril myself. I spoke to him a few days before the event, asking about taking some short video clips of the whole thing. He brought up a idea about how he always wanted a behind the scenes video done. Nice guy that I am, I said I would take a shot at doing it.

CRJ: OK Cali, you keep forgetting you mentioned you asked to do this, and Mark just suggested you do it "behind" the scene because TVMike had the DVD rights to the match. You got your wish.

I don't have a problem with you, just how you went about this whole thing. In the time it took to post the first note you could of been on the phonel or sent an email to Mark to "remind" him. That's all.

Because your rep is very good here and at 1P.org, (had a few PM's that agreed with my view, but that also said you were a cool dude and not how you usually function on the forums and I respect their opinons regarding folks)

I would have expected you to handle in a much better way. We have enough "trolls" or whatever they are called that come on here to exact revenge if their cue is a few weeks late, or they got overcharged shipping or stuff like that and begin a rip fest on someone.

So since this started as an apology thread, I will continue with same. I apologize to you as I could have just stated my opinoin about how you went about your business the wrong way without taking the fangs out.... It should work both ways on here. I don't think this is good for either of our blood pressure.... My only post should have been this one as it explains my point of view with puncturing the skin. So, as you say, this is my last post on this issue as well. Take Care, RJ

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe it works different for other people, but I click the "Quote" botton on the bottom right of a post, and AZBilliards does the whole job for me, the "quote" brackets are all in the proper spot, you are GTG, all you have to do is go to the bottom of the window and start writing.

You actually have to work at screwing this up....

I know. Thats what makes it so comical.

:)

Ray