Maryland 2012 14.1 Straight Pool Championships

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Steve!

...for keeping the scores coming. I'm really pulling for Dave to beat Dechaine.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
your wish came true. Daya beat Mike D !!!

-Steve

next on stream is Mika vs Shuff

Shuff just beat Barouty :-(

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Final 4 at the Maryland 14.1 Championship

Archer vs Schmidt and Hohmann vs Immonen...how strong is that!

Wedge

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Strong. I enjoy bobby hunter doing the commentary also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Finals

Schmidt beat Archer 150 to -1 and Hohmann beat Immonen 150 to 1...Finals are streaming now !

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How did Mike Davis get seeded higher than Thorsten or John Schmidt??? Mike is good, but?

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
How did Mike Davis get seeded higher than Thorsten or John Schmidt??? Mike is good, but?

Kaz,

The seeds for the single-elimination are based on the performances during the round robin phase of the tournament.

Mike probably gave up less than 100 points in his three matches combined, which is how he got the top seed.

- Steve

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
I swear watching the finals ( no sound on )John looked like he was doing one of his videos/ dvd's just smooth,relaxed & running balls .I love straight pool & he is a pleasure to watch Congrats again to a Champion !

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Champ

Congrats to John. Two giant wins back to back.
I watched the final match. Great playing. So smooth & steady. Even when the table was not giving him good shots. He came with great shots to get back on track. I really enjoyed watching.

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmidt again!

John seems really relaxed, as if he's playing at Marop's all the time.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Congratulations to Mr. Straight Pool

It is great to see John finally play the way we all knew he could play.

First in the World Championship, the biggest stage of all, and then at Maryland against world caliber competition, to show the first one was not a fluke.

Archer had beaten him last year and it is always tough to compete against a winner like Archer, but Schmidt went through him easily.

Against Thorsten, his main competition for the best straight pool player in the world, there had to be a little pressure. Their world championship match had been a little choppy. This time, John left no doubt.

He was smooth as silk, like a hot knife through butter. When he plays like that, it is a pleasure to watch.

Here's hoping for more events for John to show the world what he can do. :thumbup:

DGHustles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great tourney again! But just a thought, charging $20 a day to come and watch is a little absurd, especially when you have a free stream!

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
Great tourney again! But just a thought, charging $20 a day to come and watch is a little absurd, especially when you have a free stream!

$20 a day sounds a little hight but I would have paid it if I were in the area. How much money does the room owner make while hosting a tournament like this? I would consider it a donation. Also, the stream was a single table, had technical problems early on, and for whatever reason, I couldn't see the finals; all I got was a black screen. So $20 to watch the current 14.1 masters in person? sounds good to me!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There are lots of things to see in person that will never be in the stream. For example, I've twice seen rain on the tournament tables at world championships. I think that has not been on a stream lately. For me attending a tournament nearly always includes picking up something priceless.