Mike D withdraws from World 14.1

thewhiffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone involved in the seeding/placement of participants in the various round robin groups should not be backing anyone in the tournament and should not have a financial interest in the outcome.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Anyone involved in the seeding/placement of participants in the various round robin groups should not be backing anyone in the tournament and should not have a financial interest in the outcome.

Ah, but that wouldn't be men's "pro" pool now, would it?

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member

AMEN!

Its called "Conflict of interest".

Pete Rose would be proud of that boy.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The irony is that if Charlie Williams hadn't trashed Mike on Facebook, Mike probably wouldn't have said anything about why he dropped out.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
This thread is hilarious. First the band wagoners all jump on Mike D calling him the pos and saying he should just be a man and play. Then the whole truth comes out and people are like yeah CW is a pos. And all the early posters are deafly silent.

Remember a leopard doesn't change their spots. People should have realized that when CW (or simply anyone that has a questionable past in the pool world) is involved, there was a strong chance of a back story.

What big tournament is up next on the East Coast after this? Oh yeah.....can't wait. :)

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
This thread is hilarious. First the band wagoners all jump on Mike D calling him the pos and saying he should just be a man and play. Then the whole truth comes out and people are like yeah CW is a pos. And all the early posters are deafly silent.

Remember a leopard doesn't change their spots. People should have realized that when CW (or simply anyone that has a questionable past in the pool world) is involved, there was a strong chance of a back story.

What big tournament is up next on the East Coast after this? Oh yeah.....can't wait. :)

^^^^^ this too

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
giphy.gif

Hes making sure they cant smell the roofies.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dechaine withdraws from 14.1

No one should be suprised by any of this.

No promoter should have any financial interest in a player or their results. Ever hear of 'conflict of interest' -

Any seeding procedures need to transparent and fully public info.
Scheduling issues must be ethical and public - remember Corey vs Charlie in Florida?

Just remember the UPA - and the most recent ABP. Both Charlie Williams creations. I personally know of several east coast players that will not participate in any of CW promotions.

I'm not bashing CW - just amazed that ANYONE is suprised when things get kinky.

Markg

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course there was going to be some sort of drama with CW. I love it. Hes such a weasel.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is Mike's post on CWs Facebook page:

"Plain and simple. Charlie was putting the money up for me to play in the tournament as the #3 seed (I don't think I'm the number 3 seed) and was going to collect half of my winnings. I then decided to put myself in and was changed from the #3 seed to a 9-16th seed. It bothered me that charlie can and did place players where he wanted to line his own pockets because I was not the only player he had put in. So I just decided not to play. That is what happened."

I find it interesting that as a 3 seed being put in by CW he had no problam with it ,
Then on his money he got dropped to a lower seed and it was all of a sudden a problem

rivercitysledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one should be suprised by any of this.

No promoter should have any financial interest in a player or their results. Ever hear of 'conflict of interest' -

Any seeding procedures need to transparent and fully public info.
Scheduling issues must be ethical and public - remember Corey vs Charlie in Florida?

Just remember the UPA - and the most recent ABP. Both Charlie Williams creations. I personally know of several east coast players that will not participate in any of CW promotions.

I'm not bashing CW - just amazed that ANYONE is suprised when things get kinky.

Markg

So you never Sponsored Efren in any of your tournies?

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Conflict of interest works both ways. It seems most see the conflict of interest with the promoter/seeder getting a piece of a players action. I too see that. Looking deeper, IF I were a player, I would also see that conflict selling a piece of me to the promoter/seeder.

I do not know the player or where he should be seeded. I would bet we could get disagreement as to the proper seed and if 3 was or was not correct. I do not want this to take the thread off course, but just saying conflict of interest takes at least two parties, sometimes more.

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find it interesting that as a 3 seed being put in by CW he had no problam with it ,
Then on his money he got dropped to a lower seed and it was all of a sudden a problem

So you see it as more of a problem for Mike to drop because of where he was seeded than Charlie playing with the seeds based off of who he staked?

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I'm missing something. I don't see how anyone can defend anything that's gone on here. I wonder how all the players would have felt if they knew that the promoter (who is in charge of the seeding) was staking players. I think they might have felt that was improper. It matters not that he moved him from 3rd to 9-16, or dead last. Whomever is in charge of the seeding shouldn't have a (financial) rooting interest, cause ya know, he could seed them in a manner that would financially benefit himself.

For the record, I don't think MD is clean here either. Being the recipient of a sketchy draw/situation puts blood on your hands too. Plenty of blame here. I bought the stream today and it'll be the last day, I will not give them another nickel of my money.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member

He did have a problem with it, hence why he went on his own money instead, can you not comprehend? If he was okay with it he would've been playing in the tournament as the #3 seed being staked by Charlie. Not sure you are seeing the BIGGER picture here...