Mike D withdraws from World 14.1

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
He did have a problem with it, hence why he went on his own money instead, can you not comprehend? If he was okay with it he would've been playing in the tournament as the #3 seed being staked by Charlie. Not sure you are seeing the BIGGER picture here...

One Stroke isn't known for comprehension or seeing the bigger picture.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone dumb this down for me with the seeding and how it works here, cause this is 14.1 and not 9 ball and wouldn't you still need to win your match/s.
This sounds like the "hey, no coaching" thing, they guy/girl still has to execute the shot as told.

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one should be suprised by any of this.

No promoter should have any financial interest in a player or their results. Ever hear of 'conflict of interest' -

Any seeding procedures need to transparent and fully public info.
Scheduling issues must be ethical and public - remember Corey vs Charlie in Florida?

Just remember the UPA - and the most recent ABP. Both Charlie Williams creations. I personally know of several east coast players that will not participate in any of CW promotions.

I'm not bashing CW - just amazed that ANYONE is suprised when things get kinky.

Markg

Your joking right ?

CW obviously super sketch character and MD is also known as a bit of a tart

But then you start talking about integrity?
Where was yours when CSI happened last year and you bumped your golden boy in and strong armed ko into playing ?

I'm not MD fan because of his attitude towards fans and other players however still think he should have played as he was happy to get an undeserving 3rd seed when getting staker. And we don't know maybe they had agreed this for months and mike pulls out then withdraws because he's a lower seed

It's a group stage anyway

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking deeper, IF I were a player, I would also see that conflict selling a piece of me to the promoter/seeder.

I always wonder if "pro" means professional or prostitute.
You just cleared that up for me. Thank you :grin:

He did have a problem with it, hence why he went on his own money instead, can you not comprehend? If he was okay with it he would've been playing in the tournament as the #3 seed being staked by Charlie. Not sure you are seeing the BIGGER picture here...
Think you are not getting his point
MD wants the cake and eat it. He wants 100% of special seed favor but not 50%In the world of sleaze and grease , It's called "I scratch your back you scratch mine". MD wants his back to be scratched but does not want to scratch. Still CW is the bigger douche though

Your joking right ?

Good post.
Business 101 -it is bad business practice to openly knock the competition . I see that in pool world which is both amusing and sad. That usually happens in a market economy that is small pie and it is dog eat dog free for all, kill or be killed. :thumbup:

rivercitysledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your joking right ?

Where was yours when CSI happened last year and you bumped your golden boy in and strong armed ko into playing ?

I'm not MD fan because of his attitude towards fans and other players however still think he should have played as he was happy to get an undeserving 3rd seed when getting staker. And we don't know maybe they had agreed this for months and mike pulls out then withdraws because he's a lower seed

It's a group stage anyway

Tap tap tap

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always has been and always will be the biggest crook in pool.
And a , well you know what else. Ladies BEWARE.

I've run into a few threats from him while in Florida. He's a bum

THE MONTREALER

THE MONTREALER
Silver Member
mike d withdraws from world 14.1

First of all i like to watch 14.1 with Professional players playing

They are charging a lot of Money to watch the Tournament

$80.00 per week or $15.00 per day

If they would lower the prices to watch this event i would
certainly purchase it

I can watch World Snooker for the Whole year for $45.00
and see the Worlds best snooker players in action

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One Stroke isn't known for comprehension or seeing the bigger picture.[/QUOTE

"Plain and simple. Charlie was putting the money up for me to play in the tournament as the #3 seed (I don't think I'm the number 3 seed) and was going to collect half of my winnings. I then decided to put myself in and was changed from the #3 seed to a 9-16th seed. It bothered me that charlie can and did place players where he wanted to line his own pockets because I was not the only player he had put in. So I just decided not to play. That is what happened."

By all means show me where he says he has a problam with it before the seeding was changed ,,..it wasn't till then he pulled out ,,

Last edited:

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all i like to watch 14.1 with Professional players playing

They are charging a lot of Money to watch the Tournament

$80.00 per week or $15.00 per day

If they would lower the prices to watch this event i would
certainly purchase it

I can watch World Snooker for the Whole year for $45.00
and see the Worlds best snooker players in action

Accu stats charges the same thing, I take it you don't watch their streams also. Snooker has tons of other lanes to offset the fee, this is a one time fee for a struggling activity. I mean do you run around complaining that you get gas at a different price from one station to the next, or super market? I watch formula 1 all year for free maybe it should all be that way.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
By all means show me where he says he has a problam with it before the seeding was changed ,,..it wasn't till then he pulled out ,,

Had a problam with what? ,,.. he was told he is the 3 seed ,,.. if i walk into a store and they tell me an item costs $3 ,, when I take it to the counter and it costs $15 ,, I'm not going to buy that item ,,

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
This is Mike's post on CWs Facebook page:

"Plain and simple. Charlie was putting the money up for me to play in the tournament as the #3 seed (I don't think I'm the number 3 seed) and was going to collect half of my winnings. I then decided to put myself in and was changed from the #3 seed to a 9-16th seed. It bothered me that charlie can and did place players where he wanted to line his own pockets because I was not the only player he had put in. So I just decided not to play. That is what happened."

Hey Charlie, this is absolutely "NOT" the tournament Greenleaf, Mosconi, Lassiter, and Mizerak played in back in the day.

You have absolutely assured that it never will be considered anything close to that old prestigious event with this BS. WTG.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
Had a problam with what? ,,.. he was told he is the 3 seed ,,.. if i walk into a store and they tell me an item costs $3 ,, when I take it to the counter and it costs $15 ,, I'm not going to buy that item ,,

What if you walk into the store to buy a $3 pair of socks but the store is adamant that you are holding a pair of shoes? Do walk out of that store or do you just buy them and know that they are wrong about what they are talking about?

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you all see Charlie explanation on fb?
Conflicts MD story

Apparently mike was broke and Charlie offered to put him in but MD being s film star now thought he should get a free roll

Basically both guys are crooked

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
Conflicts MD story

Apparently mike was broke and Charlie offered to put him in but MD being s film star now thought he should get a free roll

images

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Conflicts MD story

I can assure you of this, Mike is not broke. He's not even close to broke.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For sure, I do not believe Mike Dechaine is broke. Plus, he has several sponsors and/or stakehorses who would back him in most pocket billiards-related endeavors. I have more respect for Mike Dechaine today than I did before this thread appeared.

I would like to hear Stu's opinion on this topic. I'll bet he knows the skinny. :wink: