Mike Dechaine

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
MD certainly has issues at times....but he is also clearly...the next best American player south of SVB. The fact that he is still so young..coupled with the fact that he wins tournaments...frequently- should of earned him a spot on Team USA. His past Mosconi experiences could of only helped him.

This years team would of provided a different atmosphere. Dechaine's upside would of been worth the risk.

Look at it like this....who on this squad wants any part of MD in any rotation game besides SVB?

Nobody among the chosen eight other than Shane could play Mike without getting weight right now, that's for sure, but it's not relevant. Team USA has the perfect captain and he has selected eight guys he thinks can mesh together. Our focus must be on supporting the chosen eight and wishing them well in December.

rackemup20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing against Dechaine but I understand exactly why Mark Wilson has gone in a different direction. It has more to do with the integrity of the series than anything else.

My only point is team USA should be made up of the best 5 American players t or if the captain wants to have a pick then make it top 3 or top 4 Americans with 1 or 2 captain picks. This is no disrespect to any of the players chosen but what has john Schmidt, Corey dueal , Jeremy Sossei, or Brandon shuff done to earn the right to be chosen! Mike is winning week after week an he ain't even chosen in the top 8 ? It's a joke. I am not a friend if mikes at all as u can tell from previous posts I just tell it like it is. Right now pool In America is all political BS and it is a shame

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree thatvhe could have been one of the chosen 8. When it came time to cut to 5, he could have been dropped if he didn't "mesh" with the rest of the team. Regardless of the "what ifs", it is what it is. Come December, sit down, crack open a beer, and cheer our guys on! Good luck fella's. I'm rooting for ya.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Right now pool In America is all political BS and it is a shame

I have to disagree and say that this particular case is not political.

Bottom line is, there are more than 8 people worthy of Team USA, and theres only (final) 5 spots available, so you have to draw the line somewhere. And no matter where you draw it, there will still be perfectly capable people being left off the team. There's no way around it.

From the pool of potential players out there, we have a group just like any other group in the past, perfectly capable of winning, if they keep their heads together and play smart on that special day. Greater teams have done worse, so its clearly not true that " the best" players always win. Sometimes it comes down to ' the greatest players that day'.

But either way, it will undoubtedly help our team to be supportive, rather than chastising them for their worthiness. So let's do the former.

playpool2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pool elders have raised our youngest generation of players to manipulate, finagle, and argue at the front end of our short games. Everyone does it. If they don't, they can't win. It is part of the culture of the game in 2014. Now we are going to condemn a player to hell because he does it better than everyone else?

Please, don't come back with "neutral rackers" and 'magic racks". Neither work and never will, besides, this thread is about MD.

Wha? Most of these posts are about the Mosconi Cup or like YOUR post aren't about Mike Dechaine but about general behavior.

This thread is hijack central.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
My only point is team USA should be made up of the best 5 American players

It should be made of the top 5 players only if you don't care how the USA is represented to the rest of the world, and only if you have a win at all costs mentality. Obviously those are your feelings and preferences, but there are other fans for whom it is not their feelings and preferences. If you want to keep making your argument for the top 5 based on skill alone, then what you need to be arguing is that everyone should accept the pro's behaviors and attitudes regardless of what they are, regardless of how it affects the rest of the team, and regardless of how it represents the USA to the world, because that is really what you are arguing for, you just won't come out and say it.

Nobody is saying there are not more skilled players, they are just saying there are other things to consider that are also important besides just skill when it comes to a team based event, and with the purpose of that team being to represent our country to the world. Those two factors require (for many people) taking into consideration more things besides just skill alone.

liakos

Banned
Wha? Most of these posts are about the Mosconi Cup or like YOUR post aren't about Mike Dechaine but about general behavior.

This thread is hijack central.

What the hell are you smokin!

See, they go and legalize marijuana, and people are getting dumber by the second!

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What the hell are you smokin!

See, they go and legalize marijuana, and people are getting dumber by the second!

Alcohol and weed do not make people stupid. It just brings to the surface what already existed in an them. Nothing more....nothing less.

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
I agree thatvhe could have been one of the chosen 8. When it came time to cut to 5, he could have been dropped if he didn't "mesh" with the rest of the team. Regardless of the "what ifs", it is what it is. Come December, sit down, crack open a beer, and cheer our guys on! Good luck fella's. I'm rooting for ya.

There is NO DOUBT talent wise that MD can qualify to be on the team. Thing is: It is not your decision, my decision, nor anyone else's but the Captain; Mark Wilson. His decision has been made and I am sure both he and MD know why. I think there is a lot more to all of this than most of us know.
Meanwhille, MD is a monster and kudos to him !! :thumbup:
From a $$$ aspect, not being picked this year may not be a bad thing for Mike ! :)

MD: Yer a MONSTER! Don't stop,... don't look back, just "keep on," & humble yourself along the way. You'll be fine ! :wink:

(there: I stayed true to the thread and kept it about MD )