Mosconi Cup 2021 Day 3 Updates

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw is freewheeling and looks to be having fun...Chris never stood a chance.
Because he doesn’t belong in it anymore then the half ass captain does. Lol dude is a great commentator. Stick to that.

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tough to win when you're best player keeps choking
I haven't watched the whole thing but it just seems like he's making the wrong choices when in a bind. It seems their overall attitude is to just go for it and trust yourself but there have have been a few shots I think he would've been better off playing safe.

Of course, I'm not there being live streamed around the world so what do I know ;)
He was up 3-1 in both singles matches and missed shots he shouldn't have to go up 4-1 and lost both sets

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The problem with the US team is it needs Shane. Even when he's not playing great he's still better than the alternatives.

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any1 marked my previous prediction post yet? I really want this to be more exciting but it won't...the worst euro player is far better than the best U.S player. I don't even know how a Nation that big cannot come out with 5 good players. :D Shane is great but the rest are 2nd-grade pro's in my opinion.
Skylar is good as well. We realistically have
Any1 marked my previous prediction post yet? I really want this to be more exciting but it won't...the worst euro player is far better than the best U.S player. I don't even know how a Nation that big cannot come out with 5 good players. :D Shane is great but the rest are 2nd-grade pro's in my opinion.
Skylar is good as well. We realistically have 2 players that can hang with the Europeans.

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
If they do end up getting thrashed I'd say it's time for a rethink by Matchroom.

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Svb is trash in the mosconi cup and it’s time for home to go. Let some one else play.

Hell we need to step down from even playing in it. We can’t put up a competitive team. The only consistent player on the American team is skylar. Let another country play in it.

It was only $20 but I would have gotten more enjoyment giving it to a crack head then watching this garbage.
The USA has won twice recently and they did play well the first two days. With that said I didn't think the USA had a chance today.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't even enjoy the matches anymore. The commentators are excellent, but it would be nice to have an American in the booth. It's a wee bit Europe-centric in the commentary. Everything is Europe this, Europe that, Europe and its dominance. They keep talking about European players and nobody says jack-shit about American players.

The laughing hyenas in the audience also are ruining my viewer experience. It's as if they're on a Roman coliseum watching European gladiators kill the American and enjoying the bloodshed.

I'm proud of Team USA trying to give it their all. It doesn't bother me to lose any match because I know they are trying, but the entire environment there is awful.

Not sure I'm looking forward to Mosconi Cup 2022.

2022 Mosconi Cup Las Vegas at Ballys.png

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't even enjoy the matches anymore. The commentators are excellent, but it would be nice to have an American in the booth. It's a wee bit Europe-centric in the commentary. Everything is Europe this, Europe that.

The laughing hyenas in the audience also are ruining my viewer experience.

I'm proud of Team USA trying to give it their all.

Not sure I'm looking forward to Mosconi Cup 2022.

View attachment 619217
Well it is in Europe, not surprised about that.

Hope you have been well, nice to see you post,

Best
Eric 😀😀

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Skylar is good as well. We realistically have 2 players that can hang with the Europeans.

Skylar by Fargo rate is behind 10 Europeans and tied with another, he is not rated higher than one person on team Europe. Everyone on the American team is an underdog in this format to Europe, proven since Shane is <50% as well. I am truly shocked we won the two years we did. I root for USA but this match up is very tough. I like Chris a lot but he is the 37th highest American. This was supposed to be an unwinnable event and it appears to play out that way.

I am not saying Fargo is perfect, but I feel it's the best thing out there. It shows our team average would have a 7% chance in this match. Even if you could somehow hide the worst and eliminate their best advantage by controlling matchups, the odds only shift to 15%.

mattydrva

Tough to win when you're best player keeps choking

He was up 3-1 in both singles matches and missed shots he shouldn't have to go up 4-1 and lost both sets
I noticed that as well. Shane seems to have a tough time closing the door in these MC matches. He sorta lets up and then the wheels start to come off. I suppose anyone who has played pool except for maybe Shaw can relate to that though it is excruciating to witness. Ugh... Brutal. Do feel for him though

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Styer running out of luck...
On a side note, the behavior of the fans is embarrassing.
But the British love their songs, their drinking and their ooooohhhhs and ahhhhhhs.
Put this tournament to any other European country, you will get a much better behaved crowd.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You folks really think Earl could have faded this crowd? Probably a good thing he didn't play. Sound like drunk hyenas. The whole thing has taken on a carnival sideshow atmosphere.

dkleather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any sporting event I watch I want it to be close. If USA went 6-3 last night Europe would have had had the heart to make it close. I dont think from here the Americans have the heart to dig in and make this close. I hope I am wrong as I love watching good pool.

mattydrva

You folks really think Earl could have faded this crowd? Probably a good thing he didn't play. Sound like drunk hyenas. The whole thing has taken on a carnival sideshow atmosphere.
Good point. Earl would have been a nightmare. It was fun while it (the tournament) lasted...