Mosconi Cup 2021 Day 3 Updates

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yates is horrible as a commentator, and Fisher is probably worse.

Neils, on the other hand, has been great. He's genuinely excited by the game, has incredible knowledge and isn't afraid to call out good and bad play by any player. He's not a polished "broadcaster" like Yates, but he's the best they've had on.

Also agree on getting an American in there. Maybe now JJ has a relationship with Matchroom he can transition into commentary when US brings back Johan as captain.
I'm so sick and tired about hearing about each European player's history, life story, where they grew up, and no mention of our American players.

Thank goodness we have some Americans in the audience.

amy.png
Jeremy Jones.png

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yates is horrible as a commentator, and Fisher is probably worse.

Neils, on the other hand, has been great. He's genuinely excited by the game, has incredible knowledge and isn't afraid to call out good and bad play by any player. He's not a polished "broadcaster" like Yates, but he's the best they've had on.

Also agree on getting an American in there. Maybe now JJ has a relationship with Matchroom he can transition into commentary when US brings back Johan as captain.

philly sounds like he's got one foot out the door half the time, and almost parodies himself
I like kelly ok, I think she care's about what she's doing, and obviously knows the game, she's just not very dynamic on the mic
agree neils is solid- he's had a lot of practice over the past little bit narrating his own pool vids!
I mentioned john schmidt up top as a possible US co-coach, I think he's also a good commentator

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seeing JJ play, gets me thinking: what about next year USA brings a team that is formed less than 24 hours before day 1. What do you have to lose?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T860 met Tapatalk

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
c'mon double j! I like david, but would love to see the elder statesman of the group play well and pull this one out-

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I think I have some 'Hurt Feelings' reports kicking around. If anyone would like a copy, I'm willing to eat the postage.

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess I'm in the minority on AZB - but I think the crowd is hilarious. They even got a howler monkey on loan from the local zoo that goes nuts every time someone calls extension.
I've enjoyed it as well. On the first day, every time they called extension and the howling began it put a smile on my face.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also noticed that Leyman didn't say crap when the fans continued to make noise while the Euros were shooting

Why is this ref allowed to just let the crowd do whatever they want while the US players are shooting? At least Leyman makes an attempt to settle them down. This guy just kind of smirks behind the US player while the crowd does what they will.

mosconi cup wouldn't be mosconi cup without unsubstantiated and implausible conspiracy theories on azb.

wblake

Registered
mosconi cup wouldn't be mosconi cup without unsubstantiated and implausible conspiracy theories on azb.
I'm not claiming any conspiracy, just calling out a big discrepancy between how the two refs appear to be addressing the crowd. I enjoy the overall atmosphere, even the EXTENSION!!!!! hyenas, but there needs to be a level of respect given to the shooter down on the shot. I'd be saying the same thing if it were American fans doing it to Euro shooters here in the states.

loggerhead12

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Crazy talk from the announcers.

It's been 18 years since a team came from behind to win on the last day. That was in Las Vegas, the score going into the day was 8-6, and the winning point was delivered by Jeremy Jones.

Zhero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JJ actually looking like the best player out there today. He still got some left in the tank.

Zhero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
should not have flirted with that 9 ball.. better off going forward and get a back cut angle on the eight.

Missed bank attempted by Alcaide, JJ runs out the last 2 to make it 3-3.