Mosconi Cup 2021 Day 3 Updates

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
Not flabbergasted just pointing out reality. When the British referee called the shot clock violation on Jones there were British fans in the crowd sharking Jones. Jones asked the referee to clean the ball which resulted in a shot clock violation.

There is gambling on the Mosconi Cup. It's not a coincidence.
Marcel is not British lol

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
You must not have watched the action with the volume on then. The fans never stopped making noise
I'll rewatch but that ever-increasing crescendo was only done while the Americans were shooting iirc.
The singing and regular noises were going on all the time.

stevelomako

Cash. I uses cash beech.
Silver Member
Insert Yapp at the US Open, refusing ball in hand when Shane had a shot clock violation. True competitors do not want to win on a technicality. It truly would have been unprecedented had Alcaide refused the ball in hand and allowed JJ to play on but it would have been the epitome of sportsmanship.

I have to disagree.

Tell that to every pro and amateur team and athletes and see your answers.

Kinda like following the rules.

It would be nice to ride a unicorn over the rainbow but that won’t happen either.

🤷🏻‍♂️

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's with the whistling while the Americans are shooting. They need to nip that in the butt immediately.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is type of comment is exactly what I've been cracking up over. There was no technicality that caused the loss. JJ made a bone headed move for asking for a ball cleaning with 12secs left, and out of everyone on Team USA has the least amount of excuse for not knowing the rule.

If the man wasn't trying to buy time to settle his nerves then he should have asked for the cleaning while he decided to stroll back to his seat after first addressing the table.

I'm not disagreeing with you, that as the rule is, double j played it bad- he did.
but the way it went down is just dumb. a classic finish was fubared- it didn't need to be.
do you think matchroom, or anybody (including alcaide) wanted to see the match end that way?
I know you watch snooker- does that kind of thing happen there? I'm genuinely wondering.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I'm not disagreeing with you, that as the rule is, double j played it bad- he did.
but the way it went down is just dumb. a classic finish was fubared- it didn't need to be.
do you think matchroom, or anybody (including alcaide) wanted to see the match end that way?
I know you watch snooker- does that kind of thing happen there? I'm genuinely wondering.
You're right... It could have been a classic finish. Unfortunately the magnitude of that win could have only been eclipsed by the monumental blunder that ended up happening. Either way, Matchroom got a result that will go down in history.

I don't know Alcaide, but I'm willing to bet he feels for JJ. All pool players have gone through a "oh my god, what have I done" moment.

I think Matchroom is indifferent honestly. They want good entertainment and moments that will spread the word. They got that. That said, no one in their right mind wants to see a person suffer.

I can't think of a situation in snooker that's comparable.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Poor Shane. He must feel kind of like the losing pitcher of a world series final game.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like I said before this thing even started…the Mosconi Cup is a carnival.

I don’t care who wins and neither should anyone else if they aren’t participating.

They should have known that Earl wasn’t vaccinated long before they traveled and they should picked someone else if he couldn’t meet the COVID restrictions in the UK if he somehow became exposed.

Then, top it off, the Captain doesn’t seem to know the rules when it comes to ball cleaning and stopping the clock.

Carnival.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just wanted to check in and see how the post mortem is going. Looks like all's well on AZ. ;)

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, looked like a humiliation ritual, they never had a chance after that momentum swing.
I feel that momentum swing set in the moment Shane lost to Kaci in a match he should have comfortably won. You could almost see the will to live drain from him in that match, and he seemed to take the whole team with him in that downward spiral. They just lean on him too much (except Woodward, he keeps his can-do-attitude no matter what). So that's where my 'are we watching the same mosconi cup'-reaction came from.