Most racks ever run on a Valley bar box

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Frost played svb 9 ball race to 100 on bb I think
I know the smoking aces had race to 21 9 bsll on valleys and orcullo has the most with 8
I've seen Svb run 6 against Jason klatt

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks again for this. So it looks like your data suggests that 8 ball is about the same level of difficulty on either a 7' or 9' table, but that 9 or 10 ball on a 7' table is measurably easier (though still not as much different as I would have thought).

Which would make sense. 9 balls are still pretty open and makeable on a 7 footer. Not as much on a 9', but you have the added difficulty in longer shots requiring more precision along with the potential requirement to hit harder for shape, thus less accuracy.

8 ball on the other hand would require almost 2 full racks on a 9 foot table to equal the clutter as compared to a 7 foot table.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be willing to wager a substantial bet that there are bar tables that no man on planet earth is going to run 20 consecutive racks on.

I would put $100 on any player that they can't run 20 consecutive racks of 8 ball on a bar table regardless of condition.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Valley's can be pretty loose sometimes.
Diamonds are more consistent.
I'm only a 9 ball 1 packer. (no bragging here) lol
But when I go from my 9' Diamond to a 7' Valley I definitely have longer runs and an occasional b+r.
I've seen some Valley tables pockets as big as 5"!

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would put $100 on any player that they can't run 20 consecutive racks of 8 ball on a bar table regardless of condition.

You get 49 other people to put up $100 and I think Shane or a couple other top players would dedicate a couple days to playing barbox 8 ball on a valley.

The dollar amount needs to be worth their time and $100 won't get them in the box.

Shane33

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I'd like to add another factor. Playing in an actual bar can be an extreme difference than playing on a 7' tournament table in a tournament setting. I've been playing in bars for 35 years and some of the equipment and conditions are miserable at best in many places. From having to use a short stick, people in the way, cracked/gummed up balls, bad rails, bad cloth, unleveled tables,etc., there's really no comparison. I would be willing to wager a substantial bet that there are bar tables that no man on planet earth is going to run 20 consecutive racks on. This is my opinion based on some tables I have played on through the years.

This is true and seen it many times. Some places don't keep up their equipment. I have ran 4 racks of 9 ball on a 9' table. I have ran 6 racks of 9 ball on a 7' table. This is when I was younger a played daily for years.

Have not played a lot of 8 ball period. Played league for 5 years with a 15 year gap inbetween. I am half way through my 3rd session ans ran 2 racks a few weeks ago and several singles since I started again. Didn't make a ball on the break to try for 3 in a row.

There are 3 other 7 handicap players out our 6 in house teams. As far as I know I am the only one since I started again to get 2 in a row. I am a faster shooter from playing 9 ball for so long and it's just my style. I don't run around but keeping a steady pace keeps me more consistent on judging cue ball speed.

What kills me is the tables are close enough together and you have to wait for other people to make their shot and sometimes it throws me off. So like the above poster the equipment upkeep and shooting room have a lot to do with it. That being said I heard that Dave Matlock ran 26 at Shooters in Olathe , KS which is about 45 minutes from me.

Hard to believe but you never know. But newer table with lots of room in tournament setting is much different than league.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
This past wknd the Wyoming Open was played on Valley BB's. But, the stream table was a Rasson.
Only saw bits and pieces from the side of the Valley play.

bad_hit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played a guy 8 ball on a bar box, race to 4 for 50. He wins set one 4 to 2. I win the next 3 sets by winning 3 coin tosses and running out 12 straight. I'm now up 100 and he quits. I said to him all you did was lose 3 coins tosses and rack 12 times. If it were me I'd have raised the bet and say do it again.

I don't play much 8 ball bar box. Once your break is right and you have a good runout strategy, you just have to make a ball every break and execute. I can't imagine what the highest amateur run would be, but it's got to be over 20.

Lol..."over 20". The most Shane's made that I've seen or heard of is 8. Some amateur in Wichita's not running 20+. Perfect rack, great break, open after break, and some luck...and that 12 in a row you made is pretty outstanding.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Lol..."over 20". The most Shane's made that I've seen or heard of is 8. Some amateur in Wichita's not running 20+. Perfect rack, great break, open after break, and some luck...and that 12 in a row you made is pretty outstanding.

Sure you can, you can find guys left and right running 12+ racks easy.....but, only on AZB behind a keyboard;)

bad_hit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about a contest? We all put in $5 and winner take all.

Conditions - 7' Valley. 8-ball. Either template rack or wooden rack. Open after break. Jump cues allowed.

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm sure SVB ran over many more than 8 racks on a Valley in 8 ball.

On a similiar note I remember Bustamante saying several years back he only ran like 9 racks of 9 ball ever on a 9 footer. You'd think a guy his speed would have gone over 10. You just never know.

Pool is a funny game. There are days you feel like you can't miss. The more you practice and play....the door to your potential swings open. This year it's slow for action so I'm well off my best game. I played a lot less this year....I never thought I'd take a break like this, but if there's no money in it, it's just time away from the family.