My memoirs???

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
Just got this offer. Where were these offers 20 years ago? Cat Adami is my daughter and official agent and promoter.

Date: Tue, May 6, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Subject: inquiry from NU Press
To: "cat@poolhustlersdaughter.com" <cat@poolhustlersdaughter.com>

Dear Cat Adami,
I’m an Acquisitions Editor at Northwestern University Press. I greatly enjoyed Aimee Levitt’s article for the Chicago Reader about your father (she shared your email address with me). She told me that he might have some interest in publishing a memoir. I gather from the article that “Encyclopedia” sort of constitutes one. But it occurs to me that its structure probably prevents him from coming across as a full-fledged character, his story told with the same kind of scope and detail as you’d find in a novel. It’s also the case that a book from us would likely reach a much wider audience than is possible with self-publication (or at least a much different audience).
We routinely publish books about Chicago subjects and Chicago people, which is how such a book would fit in here.
If you’d like to discuss the idea, please let me know.
Thanks.
Sincerely,

Mike Levine
Acquisitions Editor
Northwestern University Press
629 Noyes St.
Evanston, IL 60208

Beard

liakos

Banned
Just got this offer. Where were these offers 20 years ago? Cat Adami is my daughter and official agent and promoter.

Dear Cat Adami,
I’m an Acquisitions Editor at Northwestern University Press. I greatly enjoyed Aimee Levitt’s article for the Chicago Reader about your father (she shared your email address with me). She told me that he might have some interest in publishing a memoir. I gather from the article that “Encyclopedia” sort of constitutes one. But it occurs to me that its structure probably prevents him from coming across as a full-fledged character, his story told with the same kind of scope and detail as you’d find in a novel. It’s also the case that a book from us would likely reach a much wider audience than is possible with self-publication (or at least a much different audience).
We routinely publish books about Chicago subjects and Chicago people, which is how such a book would fit in here.
Thanks.
Sincerely,

Mike Levine
Acquisitions Editor
629 Noyes St.
Evanston, IL 60208

Beard

Good for you Freddy!!!! Better late than never:) either way, good luck!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Just like in the pool room Freddy it is all about the advertising.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Memoirs

When is the publishing date? Who do we pay?

I want a first edition hard back signed!

Last edited:

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm telling ya...its all about The Reader. It's like the wall street journal of coolness.
I didn't realize that was Aimee's article....shes awright.

Nonetheless that's a strange offer. Not bad but ...atypical for sure.
And probably harmless either way. Royalties never hurt anyone.
I think Levine is trying to score brownie points with somebody. LOL

My inclination is that they ain't ready for you, but go for it anyway Freddy.

McKinneyMiner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Freddie...

Northwestern University Press is a very well respected publishing house...

They do a lot of sports biographies of Midwest personalities in addition to various subjects in Popular Culture... Both of which you fit into nicely...

I'd at least hear them out...

An academic house showing interest not only in your story but in pool is kind of a big thing...

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Dear Cat Adami,
Thanks.
Sincerely,

Mike Levine
Acquisitions Editor
629 Noyes St.
Evanston, IL 60208

Beard

Congratulations, Freddy. Go, Freddy, go! We're all rooting for you! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

KeithS66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations Freddy. Glad this opportunity is coming to you. Hope it works out. I will be in line to buy a first edition for sure. Good Luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beard...best of luck with this.

A survivor's tale. Beating the odds. A rapscallion rhapsody.

Tell it loud.

Not many road warriors remain to tell the tales.

Like when I see a WWII vet...I feel compelled to say ' Thank you for your service'.

Fred, 'Thank you for your service'. And for writing about these great memories and stories....pretty sure there's an unspoken appreciation even in polite society, for some glimpses of the sporting life.:eek:

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Freddy,,,,,On The Big Screen,,,,,,,!!!!

My Question is ''Who's Gonna Play Freddie in The Movie''......????

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Question is ''Who's Gonna Play Freddie in The Movie''......????

This guy could play a young beard :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399597959.751388.jpg

Jk! Exciting stuff Freddy!!! Definitely go for it!