My new DZ

Systim6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My first custom "my design" cue is done. EXACTLY what I wanted. I just have to finish paying Mr.Dzuricky then I shall have this cue in my hands. :) Thought I would share this with AZB.

Attachments

• ty-lee-web2.jpg
    ty-lee-web2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,099

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cue

Ur gonna like that cue, congrats! Interesting design too...Not exactly MY style, but he made it for you so you're a step ahead of me. Post a review when you pay it off, receive it, and play with it for a lil bit plz.

SQB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nicely done, Bob is a very good craftsman how knows what he does!!!

:thumbup:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is my style

most definitely my style,Bob did you a good turn here,I hope you appreciate
what you have.

As a word of advice,don't expect to play your best the first few days,don't be discouraged ,try it for a couple of weeks before passing judgement.It will probably be everything you want in a cue

great cue

Dean

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Bob makes a hell-of-a cue. I received my new one over this past weekend. Test drive is tonight.

deanoc, I completely agree. You have to give a new cue some time.

Josh

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I HAve never seen a DZ cue, and i am quite impressed with what i see here...

Cue looks amazing !
-Steve

dzcues

Silver Member
is this a Lambros tribute cue?

I sure hope not because I've been sandwiching ivory between silver & black paper for years. Just like a hundred other cuemakers.

That said, I looked at Mike's website and did, indeed, find a CUE very similar to mine. Except for the fact that mine has a SS joint, 5 points instead of 6, 4 veneers instead of 2, black paper between the ivory & silver trim, and a leather wrap...they are identical.

Apologies to Mike if he feels this was a copy. It was not. I believe this design was an original idea by my customer who may or may not have been influenced, consciously or unconsciously, by the plethora of cues out there that have similar themes. Attached are 2 pics submitted by Ty at the beginning of the build. I suggested adding the black paper between the ivory & silver to give them better definition. And later, Ty changed his mind about the veneer colors. These pics are not the work of someone stealing another's idea - they tell me he spent some time playing with a graphics program trying to find "HIS" special cue.

Attachments

• ty01.jpg
    ty01.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 573
  • ty02.jpg
    ty02.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 602

Highmiles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely beautiful cue.
The "copy" remark seems a bit out of line, but that's just my humble opinion. Any traditional cue will have some resemblance to others. If it didn't, it wouldn't be traditional, would it?

Systim6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope, sorry this isn't a copy or a tribute cue of any sort. Just a cue drawn up by design ideas I've liked over the years of cues I've looked at and have also owned.

Just to clear things up.

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dz

My first custom "my design" cue is done. EXACTLY what I wanted. I just have to finish paying Mr.Dzuricky then I shall have this cue in my hands. :) Thought I would share this with AZB.

I have had my new DZ a couple of weeks and absolutely no regrets. Plays great. Bob is awesome and helped me a lot with my ideas of what I wanted. I couldn't draw a stickman so he had his work cut out. My cue is somewhat unorthodox, a ten dollar word for different. Check it out in the Cue Gallery under wrapless somewhat different cues or some such thread. You will not see a cue much like it. It is sort of like that Lebanese orderve called Tubuli. You either love it or hate it!!

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dz

Correction on my DZ. Can be found on Main Forum under "I like unusual cues" last page. Lost my mind.

Systim6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today my cue arrived in the mail and I took it to the pool hall to test drive it.
All the points are dead even. Everything is exactly as I pictured in my head.
I had Mr.Dzuricky make two shafts, a regular shaft and a graphite cored shaft with a 1/2" micarta ferrule.
Both shafts hit very solid a little different feel between the two but both solid.
The gcored feels a little more damp but has very little deflection I think this is the shaft ill be playing with most the time. It sure does put something a little extra on the ball.

I'm thinking of doing a stacked leather wrap eventually, any opinions on a good color to compliment the rest of the cue? Natural burnished...idk.

Well last thing, I love it and I recommend a DZ to anyone.

Last edited:

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice looking cue.Bob does excellent work.i don't think it looks like a Lambros either.

EddySJ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as the wrap goes... I like how it is now.

If you went with a stack wrap, I just looked at the Tiger web-site and saw a Black Natural "penetration" style wrap that has some of the natural brown color of the leather coming through. Having both colors would tie into the forearm and butt sleeve and possibly provide some color balance.
I chose to have a black with blue speck linen wrap on my cue for that very reason (I have an East Indian Rosewood forearm with Lapis Inlays... I wanted some more blue accents)

I was pleased to see your cue come up on Mr. Dzuricky's finished cue section, as I have one scheduled for completion near August. :wink: My DZ cue is also my first custom, and I also drew some ideas out for Bob. I wonder how many times that happens...

Anyway, you have a very nice cue. As always, Bob's work is precise and very well done.
Congrats on winning the tournament the first time shooting with your new DZ.