Need Help - Someone who uses Paypal alot

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you think for $50, it's worth that? I don't. $50 is a cheap lesson in how not to handle paypal funds. For $50 you want this out of your face ASAP. Life is short and best lived in happiness.

I believe you are correct about buyer's remorse, since there are new old-stock versions of this cue around at considerably less than $800. I've been reluctant to say that until now because I didn't want to knock the sale, not my position, but the sale has been knocked.

Tate , I am not Questioning you but can post a link or 2 to the better deal on this a Particular cue. I searched the net for several days trying any info I could on it and could not find anything. I know you said not knocking the sale but if you could please post a link to were you found this cue cheaper I would really like to see it. I spoke to the guy at Competition Sports who had this line made thru Adam and said that Cue is one of the rarer hard to find and it should be worth at least that by not being chalked. I cannot find this cue for sale anywhere on the net. The eBay ones are fake Chinese copies and this one is not on their either , this Cue retailed at $850 the last time it was in production which was several years ago.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Tate , I am not Questioning you but can post a link or 2 to the better deal on this a Particular cue. I searched the net for several days trying any info I could on it and could not find anything. I know you said not knocking the sale but if you could please post a link to were you found this cue cheaper I would really like to see it. I spoke to the guy at Competition Sports who had this line made thru Adam and said that Cue is one of the rarer hard to find and it should be worth at least that by not being chalked. I cannot find this cue for sale anywhere on the net. The eBay ones are fake Chinese copies and this one is not on their either , this Cue retailed at $850 the last time it was in production which was several years ago.

I sent you one privately, think it's the same but they say it's slightly warped.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got it and no , not the same cue. That is a cheap Chinese copy of a copy. Those are pretty lame in comparison. Not the same cue or Manufacture

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Got it and no , not the same cue. That is a cheap Chinese copy of a copy. Those are pretty lame in comparison. Not the same cue or Manufacture

If that's the case, I can see where someone might be misled and it could affect your sale. He says these cues are factory 2nd's.

The ad seems authentic, claims the cue is authentic Adam with LOA and the seller is legit. It is missing the Willie Mosconi logo.

I'm posting the link here, anybody know this guy?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2PC-Pool-C...674911?hash=item21710e2bdf:g:J0oAAOSwZ2FcSdy1

Last edited:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
just tell him you will refund the 750 your own preferred way if he wants it back. he backed out of the deal and you are doing him a favor. just make sure you have his money and are not scammed in any way.
if he wants to make a complaint then tell him he may lose, while you are keeping his money until the compliant is solved.
just sit back and wait and he will accept it and get an email with exactly that so if he later files some claim you have his acceptance.

then forget about it.

you sold it with you paying the fees for him. he didnt buy it so he is responsible for those fees. simple as that.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If that's the case, I can see where someone might be misled and it could affect your sale. He says these cues are factory 2nd's.

The ad seems authentic, claims the cue is authentic Adam with LOA and the seller is legit. It is missing the Willie Mosconi logo.

I'm posting the link here, anybody know this guy?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2PC-Pool-C...674911?hash=item21710e2bdf:g:J0oAAOSwZ2FcSdy1

I have an ADAM Japanese-made cue like one he has listed.

There is no way the cue on his listing was made where mine was.

Looks like knock-off cues to me with BS certificates.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I have an ADAM Japanese-made cue like one he has listed.

There is no way the cue on his listing was made where mine was.

Looks like knock-off cues to me with BS certificates.

The ad states it's made by Competiton/Adam. Wonder if someone can check with Adam? If it's a knock off ebay may shut down the sale. I was able to stop a lot of knock off sales on ebay when I was helping a case manufacturer.

Last edited:

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is knock off for sure. Those look retarded and generic , They were not made in Japan they are made in China. I am Sure the Guy who runs Competition Sports would clarify. Fake cue, Fake certificate . The Seller is selling knock off's. I am sure if he knows anything about cues and Adam Japan he has to know these are not the real deal. It sad that people has bought these and think they are getting the real deal.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just tell him you will refund the 750 your own preferred way if he wants it back. he backed out of the deal and you are doing him a favor. just make sure you have his money and are not scammed in any way.
if he wants to make a complaint then tell him he may lose, while you are keeping his money until the compliant is solved.
just sit back and wait and he will accept it and get an email with exactly that so if he later files some claim you have his acceptance.

then forget about it.

you sold it with you paying the fees for him. he didnt buy it so he is responsible for those fees. simple as that.

MaHa , you and I think alike. I mau just do that , He did not answer my last messeage as he said he wanted me to keep the money and he would file a dispute against me and they would automatic give him the $ 800 and I would have to deal with it, I am saving all messeage and will see what paypal says. Thanks to all who replied and for the advice. Much Appericated

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
The ad states it's made by Competiton/Adam. Wonder if someone can check with Adam? If it's a knock off ebay may shut down the sale. I was able to stop a lot of knock off sales on ebay when I was helping a case manufacturer.

The guy is for Real I vetted him a long time ago I bought a couple of these cues they are legit Adam Japan imo he was the usa distributor and his pictures actually look terrible and I told him as much but apparently they never did anything about it when the cues I purchased arrived they were perfect this was a approx 5 years ago the Balabushka & szamboti tributes that were not seconds we're selling for 450 or make offer I got mine for 400.

During our phone conversation I pressed he had all the history all the right answers knew all the company history Richard helmstedter where the factory was etc etc etc very nice guy actually. I asked for and received additional info that couldn't be scripted and he did fine. I have a pretty good BS meter and no red flags were even close to popping.

The last thing I wanted was a Chinese Adam and he gave me 100% confidence and when the cues came in they were excellent. So unless he's done a 180 since then l would say his cues are what he says they are.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What if the guys story is true and it is the only time this will happen. Maybe the wife's dog needs to go to the vet or the car needs tires?

It isn't worth the time to consider that or the opposite; that it was a scam.

Get that bonehead out of his life, that's what the seller needs to do.

I have some oceanfront property in Missouri I'll sell you. Great deal. Don't miss out.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy is for Real I vetted him a long time ago I bought a couple of these cues they are legit Adam Japan imo he was the usa distributor and his pictures actually look terrible and I told him as much but apparently they never did anything about it when the cues I purchased arrived they were perfect this was a approx 5 years ago the Balabushka & szamboti tributes that were not seconds we're selling for 450 or make offer I got mine for 400.

During our phone conversation I pressed he had all the history all the right answers knew all the company history Richard helmstedter where the factory was etc etc etc very nice guy actually. I asked for and received additional info that couldn't be scripted and he did fine. I have a pretty good BS meter and no red flags were even close to popping.

The last thing I wanted was a Chinese Adam and he gave me 100% confidence and when the cues came in they were excellent. So unless he's done a 180 since then l would say his cues are what he says they are.

best,
brian kc

Sorry Chicken but hE is full of Bs. The factory in Japan was gone way before that. I spoke with the guy at Competition Sports in a very lengthy phone conversation. He is the one who had the Hall of Fame line made and ordered. He told me he would give anything to get another order of those Japan cues but not possible , he also told me that to have a line of cues built today like the hall of fame series would cost him $ 2000 a cue as he looked into it and He told me the thin rings are dead giveaway that those are China made cues. He told me for sure that those cues on eBay are made in China. They look pretty generic compared to the real Japan version of the same cue. They are not Japan made nor are they Nos either. Bs for sure. Look up Shooters Billiards for example and look at the old pics of the Japan Gall of Fame cue such as the Rambo model and then look at his on eBay. No comparison. Now 5 years ago he may have a couple Nos Japan version I do not know but those on there today I can promise you are Chinese special ‘s.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry Chicken but hE is full of Bs. The factory in Japan was gone way before that. I spoke with the guy at Competition Sports in a very lengthy phone conversation. He is the one who had the Hall of Fame line made and ordered. He told me he would give anything to get another order of those Japan cues but not possible , he also told me that to have a line of cues built today like the hall of fame series would cost him $ 2000 a cue as he looked into it and He told me the thin rings are dead giveaway that those are China made cues. He told me for sure that those cues on eBay are made in China. They look pretty generic compared to the real Japan version of the same cue. They are not Japan made nor are they Nos either. Bs for sure. Look up Shooters Billiards for example and look at the old pics of the Japan Gall of Fame cue such as the Rambo model and then look at his on eBay. No comparison. Now 5 years ago he may have a couple Nos Japan version I do not know but those on there today I can promise you are Chinese special ‘s.

as I mentioned in my prev post, when I did business with him he was legit and so were his cues. I have zero doubt about it and I'm not one who is easily fooled. I also added that "unless he's done a 180" since then I see no reason to think his cues aren't what he says they are. With that said, maybe he has done a 180 and is now scamming.

best,
brian kc

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
as I mentioned in my prev post, when I did business with him he was legit and so were his cues. I have zero doubt about it and I'm not one who is easily fooled. I also added that "unless he's done a 180" since then I see no reason to think his cues aren't what he says they are. With that said, maybe he has done a 180 and is now scamming.

best,
brian kc

I don’t know Chicken but I will give you another example. The hall of Rambo cue made by Adam Balabushka has multiple veneers with different colors. The eBay cue only has 1 brown veneer. The eBay cue looks more generic. I copied a pic from shooters Billiards that I will upload of a genuine Japan cue and post the link to
His knock off cue on eBay. You can a huge quality difference. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rambow-2pc...rentrq:f4555b7a1740aad98173b012ffe8950a|iid:1

Attachments

• 548AF325-2117-4D00-BF36-7B621E287AA8.jpeg
    548AF325-2117-4D00-BF36-7B621E287AA8.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 67

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

best,
brian kc

Brian,

Thanks for the info. I tried to email Adam to ask them to see if the cues were authentic but the email didn't work.

I didn't know that any of the Balabushka line was ever made in Japan. Seems to me they have been outsourcing to China for many years. These are factory seconds he's selling, new old stock. They don't have the various logo's. My guess is the factory won't put logos on 2nds.

Chris

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I don’t know Chicken but I will give you another example. The hall of Rambo cue made by Adam Balabushka has multiple veneers with different colors. The eBay cue only has 1 brown veneer. The eBay cue looks more generic. [/url]

Instead of us speculating, do you have the email address for Adam? I couldn't get their email system to work on the Balabushka website. If you PM me the email info, I'll email them a link and ask.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MaHa , you and I think alike. I mau just do that , He did not answer my last messeage as he said he wanted me to keep the money and he would file a dispute against me and they would automatic give him the $ 800 and I would have to deal with it, I am saving all messeage and will see what paypal says. Thanks to all who replied and for the advice. Much Appericated

That might be the best way to do it though.

Virtually no effort from you.

You should really send a message to PayPal and ask what the best way to make this transaction/ guy go away is.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Personally, I think the majority of the cues on ebay that are listed as 'NOS' by certain sellers are knock off cues. I do not think there are that many still existing to keep popping up in the quantities they do.

Below is a post of mine from 2014.

The cues listed on ebay look nothing like the cues from 2014.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=4935056&postcount=8

Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
As of now, you should be at $776.50, not $750.

The fees deducted for that amount should have been returned since the buyer did not accept the transaction.

Go to the original transaction and refund the full amount. You will not be charged a fee and the orginal $23.50 fee will be waived, leaving you whole.

Or did I miss something?

Last edited:

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instead of us speculating, do you have the email address for Adam? I couldn't get their email system to work on the Balabushka website. If you PM me the email info, I'll email them a link and ask.

No there is no email adress for Adam from then. That Company is gone. I was told that a tsunami wiped it out in Japan. A Salesman at Aurora Rd Billiard Supplies in Florida was telling me this and how he sent a $15000 check over to Japan to Adam to buy more Cues and that the tsunami wiped it out and he got the check back over a year later. I believe he is a member here and maybe he will chime in. The Japan Adam Co gone production of Adam and Balabushka cues shifted to China and is now made in the same factory as Lucasi cues. I don’t know were Ebay man is getting the knock offs from but they are not the original Adam a Japan cues. No speculation needed. You can call the Guy at Competition Sports and he will also tell you about it as he is the man behind the Hall of Fame series cues. He knows.