New AzB Platform.....

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is partially a mental thing, fighting change even if we don't mean to. I was a CAD operator years ago. Ran AutoCAD 2.x to 13. I went to work at a nuke where a lot of the drawings were kept up in Integraph. Back then Integraph and AutoCAD deliberately didn't work and play well together and DXF files were a mess. I hated Integraph! Danged software was slow and cumbersome and I often had to do three steps when I could do the same thing with one step in AutoCAD. For weeks, maybe a couple months, I fought the software. More in my head than on the tablet. Then one fine day I said to myself, Integraph isn't AutoCAD, you still have to use it. Accept it for what it is. Quit getting annoyed when I knew AutoCAD did something better, it wasn't AutoCAD.

When I quit fighting myself I found that Integraph wasn't that big of a deal. Didn't really matter, I could go job hunting when I had a damned good one or I could learn Integraph. Once I saw it as learn Integraph or hit the bricks it became much easier! If we accept this new software as what is gonna be instead of moaning about what was it will become much easier to learn.

Now, about my two billion points and 2700 or so in V-Cash . . . :cry: Not really! Both of those and two bucks for a cheap cup of coffee these days.

Hu

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
It is partially a mental thing, fighting change even if we don't mean to. I was a CAD operator years ago. Ran AutoCAD 2.x to 13. I went to work at a nuke where a lot of the drawings were kept up in Integraph. Back then Integraph and AutoCAD deliberately didn't work and play well together and DXF files were a mess. I hated Integraph! Danged software was slow and cumbersome and I often had to do three steps when I could do the same thing with one step in AutoCAD. For weeks, maybe a couple months, I fought the software. More in my head than on the tablet. Then one fine day I said to myself, Integraph isn't AutoCAD, you still have to use it. Accept it for what it is. Quit getting annoyed when I knew AutoCAD did something better, it wasn't AutoCAD.

When I quit fighting myself I found that Integraph wasn't that big of a deal. Didn't really matter, I could go job hunting when I had a damned good one or I could learn Integraph. Once I saw it as learn Integraph or hit the bricks it became much easier! If we accept this new software as what is gonna be instead of moaning about what was it will become much easier to learn.

Now, about my two billion points and 2700 or so in V-Cash . . . :cry: Not really! Both of those and two bucks for a cheap cup of coffee these days.

Hu
Thanks, I appreciate the explanation.

I show you with 2900 vcash. THat's how many got migrated. Should I change that to 2700? :)

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
I don't see much difference in functionality at all. Very short learning curve/ adjustment on this end. I did like the "look" of the old one. The 'yellow' headers and whatnot is really what's missing for my more.

EDIT: I switched to the "Slightly grayer" and like it much better than white. Easier on the eyes for sure.

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
It's FAR easier to use on a phone than the old site, at the very least. I would rarely check in on my phone on the old site, now its easy. (I'm not sure that's a good thing, in my case, lol...)

I enjoyed the old site and its look/feel, but I understand the need to change it. It also helps that I use another forum (drummerworld.com) that uses this same software, so its not completely unfamiliar to me. Hang in there, folks.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your time and all of your efforts to help improve our site Mike. And yes...hit your preferences try 'shades of gray' I just did and for me much better.

Stray well,
Kat

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
It's FAR easier to use on a phone than the old site, at the very least. I would rarely check in on my phone on the old site, now its easy. (I'm not sure that's a good thing, in my case, lol...)

I enjoyed the old site and its look/feel, but I understand the need to change it. It also helps that I use another forum (drummerworld.com) that uses this same software, so its not completely unfamiliar to me. Hang in there, folks.
That was a nice effect of making the move. All of AzB was without real mobile pages for way too long.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks, I appreciate the explanation.

I show you with 2900 vcash. THat's how many got migrated. Should I change that to 2700? :)

You pay more attention to it than I do. Musta got a little last time I re-upped my membership. Maybe I just forgot.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You used to be able to see at a glance forum members post counts. Now you don't know if someone has 1 or 10,000 posts
I liked all the forum members at the bottom of the forums page. It was like WOW, a lot of people are on here.
I liked that VTrader was easy to see.
Home page had tons of info and was well presented. The current home page looks empty.

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New format is awesome, the NPR guys that chimed in saying they are going to spend less time here is just icing on the cake.

Jokes aside, the membership here is mostly older folks, I vaguely remember the poll on the main forum a while back, it was something like only 2 or 3 people under 30 who post on AZ who responded.

Getting something more modern seems a move in the right direction, the previous vbulletin 3.8.9 was released around 2007.

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's great. Color can be added if that's the main issue for some folks.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I like the look and navigation of the old site, but I like some of the features of this site.

I don't mind overall.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
The new forum is pretty neat looking, all it takes is just some time getting used to it. I agree with the remark above about pinned threads in the Main Forum taking too much space. I think the overall height of those lines was less with the previous version, and now it is longer to scroll down for new threads.
Rep greenies are gone?.. Uh, that means if I ever meet some AZers who were introduced to the forums in 2020, they won't be able to understand my "Got Rep" T-shirt 😜

The new site design - to me it looks less colorful and attractive compared to previous style. The main issue to my personal taste is too many blank spaces around. Upper half of the main page with the new section is okay, but everything below looks "splattered" on vast blank background.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought it best to wait awhile before responding. Like everyone else I don’t like change so I hated it at first, but now that I can find the stuff I want to see I like it better. And I was able to post some pics for the first time so I could get some fish pics on the NPR Fishing Thread.

so out me down on the “good job switching@ list.

Skess

Another sidearmer...
Silver Member
Have you tried it in shades of grey? bottom left button.
I haven't traveled front to back yet but looks like the same main template through out, which is good.
like the news banner at the top to
bottom left button where? Not seeing it.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
The only thing that likes change is a vending machine. Having said that, I am not a vending machine.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
You used to be able to see at a glance forum members post counts. Now you don't know if someone has 1 or 10,000 posts
I liked all the forum members at the bottom of the forums page. It was like WOW, a lot of people are on here.
I liked that VTrader was easy to see.
Home page had tons of info and was well presented. The current home page looks empty.
I appreciate the notes as to changes that bother you. It is so much better than just "Ugh, change bad!!!".

The member post counts are available if you mouse over the user's avatar.
The list of forum members who are logged in is on the right hand sidebar.
iTrader is now Feedback, on the main menu. A member's rating (that is seen when you mouse over their avatar) is based on that Feedback.

Mike