New Cue Holder?

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Has anyone tried out the new cue holders made by Ellen Van Buren? Basically, they are a piece of that grippy material we used to use on the shelves of our RV so things wouldn't slide around.

I passed by some at the dollar store and one was a really pretty salmon color so I bought it to try out. I cut off a piece and stuffed it into my already full case pocket. I brought it out and tried it first on a round table and it worked dandy! I just draped it over the side.

One side seemed grippier than the other, so I put that on the table side so it wouldn't slide around. Of course, if someone were to run into your cues, they would fall over, but for holding them upright, it's just fine, doesn't take up any room and is very low tech (as opposed to my other one that folds into a little puzzle, but holds 2 jump cues off the floor).

Ellen's version is prettier, with a band of logoed ribbon across the top, but I can't remember what she calls them. I saw her original one in Seattle but no one told me where to find them. Anyway, it is a nice, cheap, lighter alternative to everything else.

RBC

Deceased
Linda,

I know that I have seen several of them at the OB Cues Ladies 9 Ball Tour stops. All the girls that have them really like them.

It's basically a piece of the non slip shelf liner material that you are talking about, but the back edge of it is wrapped around a weight of some kind to make it stay in place. It works on friction, and does a great job!

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
do you have pictures of your little puzzle one?

I will take some pics and post. I got it from a guy in Canada that makes them. Someone here wanted one and was able to get one too. They are nifty and I use it for longer tournaments.

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
OK, here you go...

This is how much room it takes up in the pocket of my Talisman case.
100_1593_(Medium).JPG

Same here
100_1594_(Medium).JPG

Here's what it looks like collapsed
100_1595_(Medium).jpg

Turned over on its back
100_1596_(Medium).JPG

The other side. He engraved Wonder Woman on it, but not too great.
100_1597_(Medium).JPG

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
The other side
100_1598_(Medium).JPG

With the wings extended
100_1599_(Medium).JPG

If you squeeze these releases, the handle lowers and reveals the space you will clamp onto the table
100_1600_(Medium).JPG

Here it is after I lowered the handle.
100_1601_(Medium).JPG

Side view
100_1602_(Medium).JPG

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
Clamped to a table surface. Just push up on the handle then twirl it around a couple times with one finger to tighten it to the table. Cushions are still unextended here.
100_1603_(Medium).JPG

Looking down from the top with the cushions extended. Works on a round table too.
100_1604_(Medium).JPG

With 2 cues, jump cue and bridge supported. Still room for another cue and another jump cue
100_1605_(Medium).JPG

Man, I better get my cue cleaned up!
100_1606_(Medium).JPG

To detach, simply unscrew the handle a couple of turns (can be done with one finger) and then squeeze the release triggers which drops the handle, then slide toward you
100_1607_(Medium).JPG

Last edited:

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
Here it is detached from table
100_1608_(Medium).JPG

Putting it back together is the tricky part. Here it is closed with no adjustments yet.
100_1609_(Medium).JPG

Same, but from another view
100_1610_(Medium).JPG

And another view. I am not squeezing, merely holding it together for the picture, otherwise, the wings would flop down
100_1611_(Medium).JPG

I twisted the right little triangular cushion downward and it fits into a corresponding hole
100_1612_(Medium).JPG

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
Now I have closed that side to show how it collapses and fits in the hole.
100_1613_(Medium).JPG

The other side before twisting the little piece. It has its own little hidey hole.
100_1614_(Medium).JPG

After twisting it
100_1615_(Medium).JPG

Twist the handle in the same direction and shove it down and it is ready to go back into my case.
100_1616_(Medium).JPG

Aren't you sorry you asked??? :p

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
That is some contraption. I like gadegts and that one took some thinkin.

My favorite cue holder is: a think piece of leather, THICK, piece of leather and cut a 3/4 round hole in the edge for the cue to rest in. Get some reusable putty at Lowes and stick a piece on the bottom of the leather. It'lll hold real well for several uses and then the putty will need be replaced. Probably 25 or 30 uses before a whole new package of the putty is needed. It's sort of like silly putty in consistancy.

I'd like to buy one of these contraptions.

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Most guys use the mats to line their toolboxes with.
Won't keep the cues from getting knocked over but it will grip them enuff to keep them against the table and protect them as well. A small square rolled up won't take up much real estate in your case either. Good idea.

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
For those that want one of these folding contraptions, I am getting the contact info from a friend that I referred to another friend to get it. They will get me the info when they get off work and I will post here.

The Canadian maker also has a great chalk holder. It clips onto your pocket or waistband and is like the magnetic ones except it clicks on like a cell phone holder so it doesn't get knocked off.

Hmmm, speaking of a knock off, I noticed the dollar store had a bunch of cell phone clips too. Wonder if I could convert them, lol.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
I bought one and then got to thinking about the idea.

I had some tool drawer liner that was almost the same material as this stuff. I folded it over at the top and left enough room in the folded over part to hold a plastic bag with my tip tool, a file and some other stuff all rolled up in a plastic bag. Then I rolled up the cue holder section and staped it in 2 places so that the partitions held a cue snugly. I'll get a photo.

billiardsdelite

Registered
cue holder

wow, that holder is tricky it seems, if you are looking for something less bulky, yet still sturdy and holds 4 cues check out the cue-it-up cue holder. It is reversible from 8ball to 9ball, holds 4 cues and an extra cue ball, it easily clips to any surface, extremely lightweight and comes in 6 colors. PM if interested

Attachments

• IMG00159.jpg
    IMG00159.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 101

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Along the lines of DIY cue holders that aren't bulky a bean bag also works. I have used the shelf liners, and also the rubber cell phone pads for dashboards.

I have designed a combo bean bag and sticky rubber cue holder but not made one yet so anyone who wants that idea feel free to run with it.

I also seem to recall that someone was already making a bean bag type cue holder and selling them at Valley Forge a few years ago.

We do also sell a version of the lead weighted rubber one that works well and fits in most cue cases. The Slippy Grippy -
cuesight_2088_211319981

As well as a bunch of other ones that aren't bulky and fit in a case pocket easily

http://www.cuesight.com/cue-accessories-cue-holders.html