NEW FORUM...FOR the BANNED

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hay

In view of the recent just and unjust bannings the ownership may consider a NEW forum where all, and only, the banned can post. Because they're banned there can be no bannable offence.

Can you dig it: fast larry, drivermaker, barton, shorty, coco's many alias's, wheat, painter, hang m high, barkcinnamon, scthom, sweetmarissa, etc. It would be like the night of the living dead,

As a community we can make this happen

They all probably have their own forum already. Posted at their college. Screw U.
Nick :)

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
They all probably have their own forum already. Posted at their college. Screw U.
Nick :)

the majority of high speed players matriculated there

( we could elect that a select few, CJoin, TW, RW, etc. be given posting rights on the "SPECIAL" foeum)

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It may have already been said but I was thinking the same thing. I'm on another website called covers that has the penalty box. Anyone can post there, it's pretty much unmoderated but if you are thrown in the box that is the only place you can post. It would be easy for a mod to see if someone has fixed their ways and release them or keep them there forever. :)

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
Used to be one,,,,, called Jimbo's Army I believe.

Not sure if it's still up or not.

I've seen our name a few times in this thread and feel the need to set a few things straight. There is only one active user on our site that is banned here that I know of. Contrary to popular belief Jimmy is not banned.

I am one of the founders (along with Jimmy) of the site, am a administrator and I host it on my server. From the beginning we never wanted to be in competition with AZ. Our goal for the main forum was to bring back the good ole days of RSB (Rec.Sport.Billiard for you young guys who don't know what Usenet is) and then add other more serious forums. We had Q&A sessions with some of the best cuemakers (and case maker and tip maker) on the planet. Another gallery was devoted to showcase some of the biggest collectors cues plus give people a place to show the cues they are proud of. In another forum we have tutorials of how the different components of cues are built.

Now, did everything go as planned? Not really. We knew the name sucked from the beginning. Jimbo was not even the one who came up with it. We should have changed is sooner but well...........stuff happens. Then collectors get out of the game, get their ego's bruised and what not. We leave their sections active because they were promised their own forum that they had complete control of.

I really think that if people would go beyond the main section and check out the Cue Gallery, Ask the Cuemaker, Anatomy of a cue etc. they would see the good stuff we have to offer. Changes are coming that will hopefully make the forum a better place. In the mean time I will keep posting here and there. Myself, and most of the members, don't have a here vs. there mentality.

Oh, and for those that say you can't get banned there. Come on over and give that a try.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen our name a few times in this thread and feel the need to set a few things straight. There is only one active user on our site that is banned here that I know of. Contrary to popular belief Jimmy is not banned.

I am one of the founders (along with Jimmy) of the site, am a administrator and I host it on my server. From the beginning we never wanted to be in competition with AZ. Our goal for the main forum was to bring back the good ole days of RSB (Rec.Sport.Billiard for you young guys who don't know what Usenet is) and then add other more serious forums. We had Q&A sessions with some of the best cuemakers (and case maker and tip maker) on the planet. Another gallery was devoted to showcase some of the biggest collectors cues plus give people a place to show the cues they are proud of. In another forum we have tutorials of how the different components of cues are built.

Now, did everything go as planned? Not really. We knew the name sucked from the beginning. Jimbo was not even the one who came up with it. We should have changed is sooner but well...........stuff happens. Then collectors get out of the game, get their ego's bruised and what not. We leave their sections active because they were promised their own forum that they had complete control of.

I really think that if people would go beyond the main section and check out the Cue Gallery, Ask the Cuemaker, Anatomy of a cue etc. they would see the good stuff we have to offer. Changes are coming that will hopefully make the forum a better place. In the mean time I will keep posting here and there. Myself, and most of the members, don't have a here vs. there mentality.

Oh, and for those that say you can't get banned there. Come on over and give that a try.

Murray, last time I peeked, Billy was trying *real* hard to get whacked and didn't.

Lou Figueroa

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Jenn is a very smart "B" player. She plays a 1 hole game of 9 ball. She probably plays safe on the shot left to her 1 out of 3 times. She never shoots a hard shot unless it's the 8 or 9 and no place to hide. Her table is the last to finish every round. The better players have caught on to her now. Johnnyt

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Jenn is a very smart "B" player. She plays a 1 hole game of 9 ball. She probably plays safe on the shot left to her 1 out of 3 times. She never shoots a hard shot unless it's the 8 or 9 and no place to hide. Her table is the last to finish every round. The better players have caught on to her now. Johnnyt
I think you meant to post this in the Turning Stone thread JohnnyT, but ypur analysis seems correct.

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JA deserves a look for the high concentration of pool and cue knowledge alone. There are some eccentrics on the board, but being treated like an adult outweighs the time/effort it takes me to skim and skip a thread every now and then.

Definitely check out the various cue galleries and archives of "Ask the Cuemaker." Very gratifying info for anyone interested in cues and how they're made.

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh wow, didn't know that, but then I'm like a once a year lurker over there. Glad to see someone stood up to the midget (not that that would take much, height-wise :)

Lou Figueroa

If you go there "like once a year lurker", why are you shocked about what happens there?

I haven't posted much on pool forums in the last year because I became sick of the bvllshit fed to me by certain people.

There is a GIANT misconception about the the people that post there. I consider myself well respected on this forum and I post there. There are very knowledgable members on that forum including some top cuemakers. To disparage a place like that, you or anybody else are just ridiculous.

Are there clowns there? Of course. Are there clowns here? I'll let you decide.

Chris Dickey

Last edited:

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you go there "like once a year lurker", why are you shocked about what happens there?

I haven't posted much on pool forums in the last year because I became sick of the bvllshit fed to me by certain people.

There is a GIANT misconception about the the people that post there. I consider myself well respected on this forum and I post there. There are very knowledgable members on that forum including some top cuemakers. To disparage a place like that, you or anybody else are just ridiculous.

Are there clowns there? Of course. Are there clowns here? I'll let you decide.

Chris Dickey

I'm on both forums. I'm an old RSBer and stopped the online pool stuff when that forum died out. I started actively posting in the Jimbo Army forum first, when I got back in to pool, as I knew Freddie, Jim, Murray and others from the old days. I like Jimbo Army at least in part because there are fewer posts, with a pretty good "signal-to-noise" ratio. I find it very hard to keep up with AZ - and I'm never going to read 20 pages worth of a thread. That said, there is a ton on AZ that I would miss if I didn't participate on this board as well.

So, I don't see the Jimbo army site as any type of rival for AZ, it is really a totally different thing. And so it should be.

Gideon

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
banned

One of the people who got banned in here the most was Jeff fourney
21 whisky poached fadder plum and God only knows how many other names.

This guy would send all kinds of stuff on photography tips and training videos.

From the way he treated me i was like he really cared about me and me learning photography.

He kept on getting in trouble in the wanted for sale section, it really looks like he was burning customers big time.
One or two of these victims i had done business with and i knew there transactions were straight up .

I got the chance to ask him one time why was he ripping people off, I was trying to talk him into making all these bad transactions right just so he didn't have to worry about someone getting him in a dark alley.

His reply was short and not very detailed, and its only his side of the story.
I guess he got burned on a transaction when he first started in here.
And that pretty much pushed him over the edge.
If this is the truth or not I have no idea, I am just repeating what he said to me.

The guy treated me very nice and really did help me in photography,

i wished he would gotten these problems straightened out, he sure had a passion for photography.