New TAR Website and Free TAR 17 Preview Video

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I have been working on revamping our website and finally got some of it up. Almost all of our podcasts from the beginning are back up including a good one with Jack Justis that was lost in the machine for a long time.

Still have to get all the old videos up but I did put a pretty good new one up as a preview for the upcoming release of TAR 17 on DVD. It is ten minutes of the match but the really cool part is that Donny Mills is doing the commentary.

I replayed the match during Corey's UPL event during a break and Donny sat down with James Roberts and did a kind of player review. It is hilarious. It will give people an idea of what our newer product looks like if you haven't seen any of the things we are doing lately.

www.theactionreport.com

TAR 17 will hopefully be shipping the week after Christmas. It is one of my favorite matches and when people see it I think they will agree.
 
Thanks Justin, I just spoke with the dude that bought your Satin on the phone yesterday. I told him it was a really nice cue. Thanks for the snippet of video, it is great.

-don
 
Well.... his break is WOW. I wish I knew "the move." That's all I have to say. That corner ball goes perfectly every time - effortlessly. If someone wants to PM me the move, I'd appreciate it. LOL

Thanks, Justin. That's gonna be a helluva good DVD.
 
I have been working on revamping our website and finally got some of it up. Almost all of our podcasts from the beginning are back up including a good one with Jack Justis that was lost in the machine for a long time.

Still have to get all the old videos up but I did put a pretty good new one up as a preview for the upcoming release of TAR 17 on DVD. It is ten minutes of the match but the really cool part is that Donny Mills is doing the commentary.

I replayed the match during Corey's UPL event during a break and Donny sat down with James Roberts and did a kind of player review. It is hilarious. It will give people an idea of what our newer product looks like if you haven't seen any of the things we are doing lately.

www.theactionreport.com

TAR 17 will hopefully be shipping the week after Christmas. It is one of my favorite matches and when people see it I think they will agree.

Nice revamp!
 
All I can say about watching Donny break 9 ball racks is...that I've never seen anything like it in my life. Awesome.


Eric >will buy the DVD
 
Justin, the site looks great, very professional. I have one suggestion is for you guys to offer digital download, or something like that. I am sure if you could upload all that footage you have tucked away you would have 100's of hours of content. I think Accustats does something similar which is cheaper for the consumer and the producer to do. :smile:
 
Justin, the site looks great, very professional. I have one suggestion is for you guys to offer digital download, or something like that. I am sure if you could upload all that footage you have tucked away you would have 100's of hours of content. I think Accustats does something similar which is cheaper for the consumer and the producer to do. :smile:

This site is just an interim thing. We have something much more powerful in the works as far as VOD, membership and back end functionality. If all goes well it will roll out around Derby.

I am in the process of cataloging and archiving our old stuff as well. There is some pretty interesting stuff from the Derby's and other places. Lot of it will never make a DVD so we may do something with it online
 
This site is just an interim thing. We have something much more powerful in the works as far as VOD, membership and back end functionality. If all goes well it will roll out around Derby.

I am in the process of cataloging and archiving our old stuff as well. There is some pretty interesting stuff from the Derby's and other places. Lot of it will never make a DVD so we may do something with it online

Looking forward to it, you guys are heading in the right direction. I like the idea of a membership with perhaps discounts on product and perhaps a monthly free online video.
 
Jcin

Thanks for the teaser on TAR17, VERY entertaining to hear Donnys commentary. Funny as hell. BTW, I very much respect the dedication and hard work that guys like you and Lenny put into the "Pool Stream". The idea of a member sponsored wedsite sounds great!. Thanks for all that you and yours do, wish I could support you more cause' TAR is the stickiness that binds awesome pool and my face to the screen!:)
 
Pretty cool teaser.

Is this type of commentary done throughout this DVD?
 
fuggin "A"....bring on the membership mo-dealy JCIN!

we have signed up for just about EVERY TAR event from day 1. I'm ready for the next installment!


G.
 
Donny seems like a pretty chill guy...that break is scary, though. He does a great job commentating, too.

Thx JCIN
 
Justin,

I like the revamp alot... it was much needed and comes off much more professional. Nice way to start the new year. I like the gradient blue with white text in the rounded boxes... very clean.

What would be very cool, I think, is to have a nice writeup for each of your 17 matches. Kind of like a blog entry that lets the visitor/potential customer read up on the match at hand. Some behind the scenes of how the match got setup, the ebb and flow of each day, just things that you were able to relate to us, to setup the match. Some comments or observations from the players after it was over. It's always so much more interesting to have a backdrop of the match your going to purchase, to add to the anticipation of watching it.

You have a ton of pictures and I would be more than happy to create some very nice pages to showcase your photos. I will have to find your link to some of them and give you a idea of what it could look like for some examples.

Great work and best wishes for the upcoming year. TAR feeds a very important component of pool for me... action matches, live, uncut, uncensored and great quality and endless hours of it.

I have been working on revamping our website and finally got some of it up. Almost all of our podcasts from the beginning are back up including a good one with Jack Justis that was lost in the machine for a long time.

Still have to get all the old videos up but I did put a pretty good new one up as a preview for the upcoming release of TAR 17 on DVD. It is ten minutes of the match but the really cool part is that Donny Mills is doing the commentary.

I replayed the match during Corey's UPL event during a break and Donny sat down with James Roberts and did a kind of player review. It is hilarious. It will give people an idea of what our newer product looks like if you haven't seen any of the things we are doing lately.

www.theactionreport.com

TAR 17 will hopefully be shipping the week after Christmas. It is one of my favorite matches and when people see it I think they will agree.
 
Justin,
You guys have too much stuff to constantly keep losing to hardware failure. Please look into this: I can not believe how easy this is to use and how cost effective it is. You can go wrong.

http://www.drobo.com/products/droboelite.php

PS

I don't have any stake in this product, I am just a happy repeat customer. :smile:
 
Justin,
You guys have too much stuff to constantly keep losing to hardware failure. Please look into this: I can not believe how easy this is to use and how cost effective it is. You can go wrong.

http://www.drobo.com/products/droboelite.php

PS

I don't have any stake in this product, I am just a happy repeat customer. :smile:

I looked at the drobo right after it came out. It is pretty cool but for what we need is not practical. When you say constantly losing stuff we have had two out of about twenty five drives fail since we started. Only one of the those resulted in data loss.

After reading some the stories about drobo's getting stuck in the rebuilding process or taking 67 hours to build a 2 TB drive as well as being slow in regards to video editing type work I decided to go another way. Plus I like the fact that I can plug any of my drives into any computer and access the files, can't do that with a drobo. It is good for what its for I guess but doesnt fit what I need.

The website redesign was based on switching from Windows to doing everything on a Mac. The web design tool I was using was the last reason I used Windows. I had a dual boot drive die in my MBP so instead of going back to it when I replaced the drive I switched tools and rebuilt the site. Nothing on the old site was lost it is all on a couple of drives.

Edit: I just priced the Drobo Elite. LOL...almost $6000 with drives. It looks like they have upped the speed since I looked at them and the Drobo S looks like it could work but $1800 for 5 TB of storage is nutty. I don't mind archiving and cataloging drives. I can get redundant storage for about $180 a TB. Basically two identical TB drives in separate locations. If that fails then it was just meant to be.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top