Nice SCHON for sale, Help Me!

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hiya guys and Gals,

I have this Schon and I personally have NO IDEA what its worth. Here's what I know.

Overall condition is very good. The cue has a small nick as seen in the photo of the butt. Rolls STR8 as an arrow together and apart!

19.5oz
One Shaft @ 12.75

I'm scared to post a price I don't even know the model, I've never owned a Schon however I did hit a few balls with it and it plays very, very, good!

Thanks for the Help...

Once I can establish Fair market value I will firm up a price feel free to PM offers, NO TRADES PLEASE.

As always thanks for your help.

NINER

IMG_1912_resize_resize_resize.JPG
IMG_1911_resize_resize_resize_resize.JPG
IMG_1913_resize_resize_resize_resize.JPG
View attachment 81855
IMG_1918_resize.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1917_resize.JPG
    IMG_1917_resize.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 703
Last edited:

2rgrbn

"Sua Sponte"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This is just my opinion but I think you would get a higher price for a cue like yours in a different market, It seems like most of the guys here are aware of the custom cue market your cue is nice enough that it could be priced in the same range that many custom cues bring, since the guys here are educated and aware of all the customs it pushes the value of a factory cue down even a Schon. Again just my opinion but a cue like a Schon or Joss that may bring 1000 bucks on Ebay is likely to be worth around 500 to dealers and collector type guys. Keep in mind many of the guys here myself included can purchase cues wholesale and they are readily available if factory made. A dealer may pay retail for a Southwest to avoid the long wait but it doesn't apply to cues that are more available like a Schon even though a Schon is a nice cue. You know what you have in the cue and what it is worth to you, set your price accordingly. I'll go back and look at it some and give you a reasonable asking price and re post but keep in mind this is an excellent market for low production cues but most likely you won't get top dollar here on a production cue.

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thanks Guys

I myself am not of a "production cue" guy. I do know that many people like and some love Schons.

I didn't want to look like a jack leg asking too much, or not enough you know? I'm not looking to gouge anyone I just need to get Fair Market.

Once again thanks so much for the help it remains greatly appreciated!

NINER

2rgrbn

"Sua Sponte"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I would Ebay it with a 750 reserve and see what happens If I didn't have a lot in it and just wanted to move it for cash flow I would put it up here for trade and see what comes in or price it around 450 OBO. I am speaking as if it were my cue and taking into acount the number of dealers here that have readily available cash to buy, but like I said in the previous post in this case another market may be more lucrative.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
I have always liked Schon cues. While they are "production", they make enough lower numbered models that you always run across one you have not seen before. Valuing them is tough. Most Schon cues, no matter what they look like, tend to top out on Ebay at around $600. I have had extremely nice Schon cues do very poorly on Ebay, and lesser series cues do extremely well...you just can't figure it out. The one issue with this one will be the huge finish ding. The cue will have to be refinished, and that will cost $125-175 to do, so the value will be impacted by that.

Whether on AZB or on Ebay, I personally think that you do better just to set a number to the cue, rather than assume the "what is the most that I can get out of this cue" approach. Potential serious buyers will be turned off by that. Just figure out what you have in the cue, and what a fair amount based on that, its condition, etc, and just run with it.

Just my opinion,
Joe

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well Joe

I can trade my Diveney even for the Schon then sell the Schon. I don't know the Shon's value 200, or 950 I'm lost on this cue. I was just looking for insight.

technically I'd have 700+ in it

Shane

baji314

14.1 trainee
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Nine Out said:
Hiya guys and Gals,

I have this Schon and I personally have NO IDEA what its worth. Here's what I know.

Overall condition is very good. The cue has a small nick as seen in the photo of the butt. Rolls STR8 as an arrow together and apart!

19.5oz
One Shaft @ 12.75

I'm scared to post a price I don't even know the model, I've never owned a Schon however I did hit a few balls with it and it plays very, very, good!

Thanks for the Help...

Once I can establish Fair market value I will firm up a price feel free to PM offers, NO TRADES PLEASE.

As always thanks for your help.

NINER

View attachment 81852
View attachment 81853
View attachment 81854
View attachment 81855
View attachment 81857

are those MOP and ivory inlays? if so, I would guess a selling price of around the 650-700++ range IMHO

2rgrbn

"Sua Sponte"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
650 -750 seems to be the general consensus if I were looking through the sales area and seen 750 to 1000 on this cue I would not be offended by it or think someone was crazy for pricing it that high. As I watch this thread progress I question how accurate my guess at what it is worth on this sight might be. It comes down to what it is worth to you I have cues that can't be bought and others that I would sale cheap but it looks like 650 - 750 is where yours is going to fall.

brianna187

BRIANNA SINCE 1988
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
189   0   0
2rgrbn said:
650 -750 seems to be the general consensus if I were looking through the sales area and seen 750 to 1000 on this cue I would not be offended by it or think someone was crazy for pricing it that high. As I watch this thread progress I question how accurate my guess at what it is worth on this sight might be. It comes down to what it is worth to you I have cues that can't be bought and others that I would sale cheap but it looks like 650 - 750 is where yours is going to fall.
at one time schon cues brought big money they had very few dealers and keep a tight rain rain on them ever since the internet sales and making anyone that has cash a dealer it has hurt the market i would try to sell privately myself that would be your best bet.

New Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Really Fine looker

I am pursuit of a Schon,
I fall into the category Looking for the best deal ??????

So many to choose from.

I like it,
PM me with a price if I can afford it I might go for it.

Thank you,
Chris

Last edited:

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
I like it,
PM me with a price if I can afford it I might go for it.

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ANYTHING CUES S ?
I HAVE A DEAL AT A WHOLESALE PLACE AT LEAST 25% OFF.

Thank you,
Chris

Chris,

This thread is a year old.......

Joe