Nostroke - Dave “Davey Gravy” Luddy

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don’t know when, and maybe I missed it, but longtime AZB Poster, NYC’s Dave Luddy ( Nostroke ) recently passed about a month ago battling the Big C. He was 75. I just saw the post of his memorial.

He was a prolific poster in the Main Forum and also participated in the Action Forum. I first met him in the first AZBilliard Room at the Derby City Classic and saw him many times at different events… in his ball cap, arms folded, almost looking like he wasnt paying attention. But he was. Very much a self-proclaimed curmudgeon, I enjoyed his sarcasm and dry wit. He did some amateur writing and had some kind of blog of a story he was writing. He was excited to tell me that he was shocked that he at the time had over 15k followers! He was suggesting that I do something like that considering how much content I have.

Rest Peacefully, Davey. You were a great person, and I’m glad to have known you.

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Thank you Cornerman for letting us know that Nostroke has passed. Too many times we never know.
Condolences to Dave's family and many friends.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm so sorry to hear about his passing. May he rest in peace. He will be missed.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Sorry to hear. I knew Dave had battled difficult health issues for several years now.

Dave and I were good friends when he lived in New York City. He was a fixture on the local tournament trail and really enjoyed watching pro level pool. I remember that he was a friend and huge fan of Ga Young Kim.

Dave was a nice, generous man and he'll be missed. Condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited:

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait for us Nostroke...sooner or later, we'll all be along.
Yup, we'll be playing ring games while laughing and joking with all our old friends we've lost. Condolences to his family. I didn't know Dave but wish I did.

heater451

Registered
I only knew him from here, by the profile name. Sorry to hear of his passing, being one of the AZ community.

Thanks for posting, Fred.