OMG! MiKE SEIGLE WOULD YOU JUST SHUT UP!

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After listening to Mike comment on all of the mistakes being made by the different players, I can't wait to see round 3, to hear what he has to say about Efren's game. Knowing that Efren beats Mike in the King of the Hill match, his comments will be interesting.:eek:

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
I am pretty sure it was Kevin that said Drawring. I noticed he has an accent on a few other words.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone else that was there remember all the noise from the convention hall next door to the IPT during the latter rounds? There was some kind of party going on next door and the music was coming thru the walls. The matches that it happened to were Efren vs. Manalo and some others not shown yet. I wonder how they're gonna get around all that background noise. They were having a grand ole' time next door. :)

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
KT was the one who said "drawring the cueball". He was also the one who said Bustamante's win over Fisher was a huge upset LOL. And i wish he would just shut up about the "traditional 4 1/2 pockets" or the "traditional nap cloth" at just about every miss or bad position.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Thanks

As much as I love watching good pool on television, I've been wondering why I have not been able to watch an entire ITP show. This thread has made me aware of several of the reasons. I can watch re-runs of top nine ball tournaments, or straight pool matches, several times over, but can't watch more than a game, or two, of these ITP shows - especially during the commentary - why do KT and Mike feel that it is necessary to utilize the "used car salesman" approach (no offense to car salespersons) of insulting your customer? I actually find the show boring and the matches unexciting, and apparently, from the totally empty stands , I am not the only one that feels this way. It would be a smarter marketing approach to give away tickets rather than have an empty house, other professional sports teams have done that until they've been able to get off the ground, it will even make the players feel better than playing to an empty house - and I think that it shows in the demeanor of the players, low enthusiasm. I certainly hope they rethink their format and raise the bar. If they can't capture the pool community, they haven't a chance with the novices. JMHO

mindtriplx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i enjoyed the show. there is plenty id like to see diff.... anyways while watching it my father was in the room. he doesnt follow pool or play at all. the big money caught his eye. as we were watching and listening to sigel my dad found his comments almost insulting to the players and kinda laughable. i wonder if this is how other none pool nuts see the show.
i for one like his commentary. i think he is giving his honest opinions when he says what players are stronger then others. or what players are doing things weaker then others. or why he feels women are weaker then men. he also says when the women played great. he said who he doesnt want to win cause he'd rather not play them for the money. i guess he calls it like he sees it. its a diff style but i like it.
i really wish they got kevin outa the box tho and maybe throw in a varner, hall, archer, someone like that. or better yet put alison or corr in there.

LCampbell

Registered
I don't think Seigle is giving his honest opinion. I don't know him personally, but I have heard that he is cocky. The things he says come off as "forced" to me.

I think the producers, or whoever put this show together told him to act like that for marketing reasons.

Although, I could very well be wrong.

mindtriplx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LCampbell said:
I don't think Seigle is giving his honest opinion. I don't know him personally, but I have heard that he is cocky. The things he says come off as "forced" to me.

I think the producers, or whoever put this show together told him to act like that for marketing reasons.

Although, I could very well be wrong.

i dont know him either, but i did see him play once and he was saying similar things. i tend to believe he is not being scripted. i wouldnt be surprised if you are right tho. after all KT's other 'shows' are carefully scripted.

Leil gay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Bruin if you paid attention Cuechick spelled SIEGLE wrong to start the thread, LCampbell the correct spelling is Sigel maybe he'll apologize for not being nic JMO.

dacue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Mike Sigel is a world champion pool player, past his prime yes-but still a world champion! I think he may be the best pool player ever? But for sure the best left handed player ever to breathe air! He also is a pretty good pool analyst! Have you ever really listened to some of the accu-stats coverage. I will not name any names, but a few of these guys have trouble with speaking english at times. I think the IPT coverage of these matches are trying to connect with not only the knowledgeable pool fans, but also to attract new pool viewers. So if the coverage seems abit over the top for a seasoned pool fan, looking at it in this light maybe we can be alittle tolerable. What a think! The IPT is trying to elevate the game of pool, so professional pool players can make a living playing the game we all love! It would be great if these players both men and women got paid what they should! They all deserve it, let us all hope it happens!
My 2 cents worth!
dacue

Leil gay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree with most of what you say, seems like Mindtriplx is one of the viewers you speak of, he also made some honest remarks about the show. You forgot MIZ already?

dacue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No! I think Mr. Steve "The Miz" Mizerak was a world champion, and a great ambassador for the game of pool. I just think Sigel was a better player (my opinion) that takes nothing away from "The Miz". He will be missed and never forgotten by the pool world! Mr Mizarak was true legend in his time!
dacue

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
kidrock said:
Did anybody notice that the other commentator (aside from Sigel and Kevin) called the "draw" shot made by Archer as "draring the cueball". I alwmost feel off my seat when I heard that.
That wasnt aside from Kevin, that was Kevin. I think he has trouble pronouncing DRAW. He says it a lot like that in the LJJ vs MS dvd and the MS v ER dvd.

The way I can tell if the commentating is bad or not is I find myself talking back to the television, out loud. My wife gets a kick out of it. But I was sitting there saying, "DRAW Kevin, Its DRAW." And when Mike says something during the Hundal Deuel match like "neither one of these young guys could beat ME", Im saying out loud, "they both would crush you Sigel." Now I like the show, I like how it shows the sidelines to the game as well as PART of the game. Unfortunately Im sure all the commentating was already recorded and our comments are not going to matter for this season of the King of the Hill, but if the IPT is listening, please have Sigel back it off a notch.

I wouldnt go so far as to say Sigel is scripted to say those things word for word, but I do think they asked him to play it up a notch more then is normally cocky self.

The best part of the commentating is when a player makes a ball in the wrong pocket. Man then all hell breaks loose as Keven says "Well what happened there" and Sigel says "Well he made the ball in the pocket he didnt call so therefore its his opponents turn now" and Kevin says "so it has to go in the pocket you call" and then they go back and forth with this for a good five minutes as the player runs out in the correct pockets. I get a kick out of that, plus Kevin's fake enthusiam for misses or near misses.

Last edited:

Rubyron

R.I.P. Smorgass Bored
Silver Member
I think that Mike Sigel is slightly misogynistic. If I was a woman I think that would bother me. I'll probably root for the women when he plays them. The one thing that did bother me was Johnny Archers comment about Shawn Putnam. It was something like "he would be in trouble if they were playing for dinner". I'm not skinny and I think that offends me. LOL!

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Rubyron said:
The one thing that did bother me was Johnny Archers comment about Shawn Putnam. It was something like "he would be in trouble if they were playing for dinner". I'm not skinny and I think that offends me. LOL!
Yeah that was hilarious. And when someone says may the best man win, Putnam says "may the fattest man win" LOL

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rubyron said:
I think that Mike Sigel is slightly misogynistic.
That's pretty extreme. He might be sexist. He might be a chauvinist. But, to consider him a misogynist is off base.

Fred

Rubyron

R.I.P. Smorgass Bored
Silver Member
That's pretty extreme. He might be sexist. He might be a chauvinist. But, to consider him a misogynist is off base.

You are right. That is not the right word.