OMGWTF gets stiffed in money game...

9BallPaul

Banned
I'm sure we'll all be treated to a 3,000-word account of this episode the next time OMGWTF publishes one of here miserable columns. Just hoping she can play pool better than she can write.

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
9BallPaul, you must have missed the whole CubC match I guess. Sounds like you also missed her recent "diet" posts of 150 words or less lol. You sound bitter.

demonrho

Registered Amuser
Silver Member
I'm sure we'll all be treated to a 3,000-word account of this episode the next time OMGWTF publishes one of here miserable columns. Just hoping she can play pool better than she can write.

The real 9 Ball Paul (Paul Silva from Palace Billiards in San Francisco) would have appreciated his homegirl's steady nerves and relentless play under pressure as Melinda took down her opponent on a brutal table at Hardtimes.

(And I don't think the world is quite ready for literary criticism from the guy who filched 9 Ball Paul's name ;) )

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Melinda once chased a man in heels who stole her phone until a cop helped catch him. This woman wouldn't have stood a chance if Melinda would have caught on.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member

I don't think you'll find many in agreement with you on your opinion here.. I find her columns to be quite entertaining as do many others.. Obviously, YMMV!

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member

If you don't like her and her blogposts, just stay away.

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen Asia play in regional tournaments in the mid-Atlantic area. IIRC, she doesn't play that well and has no business playing for that kind of money. I could have told her to go out the window before making that bet.
Hopefully, everyone will kill her action until she makes good on the bet to OMGWTF.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

She's one of the most entertaining writers in pool.

I get that you might not be into good writing -- no need to let everyone in on that ;-)

Lou Figueroa

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Not sure which is worse....
...getting stiffed for 2 thou..

or being critiqued by a guy who can't spell 'her'...:eek:

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member

Attachments

• sweater.jpg
    sweater.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3,224
Last edited:

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She left her cue and case I guess, I wonder if Melinda has it and would be willing to raffle it off. :smile:

that's why roadies and criminals use cheap cues, so they can leave them at the scene. I know a guy who held a 200 M<cDermott on a 1500 dollar welch, makes no sense, i'd sell a 200 cue for 1500 all day long,lol

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Aren't you that idiot in NPR who wanted to bet $10k that no one could withstand 10 seconds of being waterboarded and when "THE WORLD" called you out on it you out of nowhere "no speaka no ingles?"

Not only would everyone bust you at that retard bet, OMG would likely bust your ass playing pool --- AND is a better writer than you. So, it might make sense to not let your alligator mouth get your lizard ass in a spot that doesn't have a bathroom escape route.

nelldrake

Waterskier/pool addict
Silver Member
This Asia girl

I played a girl named Asia in an APA handicapped tournament in Birmingham in 2010 played at Bumper's in Hoover. She was expected to win the tournament. I put her out. I don't know if this is the same girl or not. It could be.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

LOL...I would be willing to bet she writes better and plays better pool than you. At the very least she is entertaining.
What do you bring to the table, 9BallPaul?

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You don't like OMG's blog? I find it quite entertaining.

Are you making this assessment based on just one post?

A good thing to do would be to scour the blog for some of her other posts. It is, afterall, a

TREMENDOUS blog with a lot of funny, witty, and informative entries of her pool adventures. Sometimes she's the

Loser. Sometimes she's the victor. Either way, she's quite funny.

Really. Give her blog another try. If you still hate it... heck. You can't please everybody. In some cases,

Nobody is going to appreciate the things that others do. I have a number of my own

Likes and dislikes. I'm no different than anyone else. Even

You. I just thought that perhaps you made a quick judgment without giving her a fair chance.

Last edited:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Wow!

I've played Asia before. She was always "gentleman like" for lack of a better word. Then again, it was never for much at stake.