OMGWTF gets stiffed in money game...

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
She took her cues to the bathroom with her? You would think out of all the people watching the match that someone would have gone up to OMG and mentioned that:cool:. Johnnyt

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
They said on the stream that 'Asia' took her cues with her to the bathroom.

I just saw this posted on Facebook:

Jessica "Asia" Cycak... We here at Hard Times have your cues whenever you're done taking a powder.

I tell ya... the more pool changes, the more it stays the same.

:killingme:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Well then it seems the info said on the stream was wrong - are her cues worth $2000.

I was in Olathe KS once and Whitey Walker was playing a guy (who I won't name) and the guy pulled the same move. Went to the bathroom and left his cues on the table and never came back. Whitey said, oh well I have his cues. Then out of the crowd comes a guy that Whitey knows and says, unfortunately those are my cues that the other player had borrowed to play with.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just saw this posted on Facebook:

Jessica "Asia" Cycak... We here at Hard Times have your cues whenever you're done taking a powder.

I tell ya... the more pool changes, the more it stays the same.

:killingme:

Why doesnt OMG have them?

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Either way that's tough action to get the nuts and then get stiffed. Sounds like OMG was playing well, gotta post it up next time. I know she saves her money up and bets her own too which makes it worse cause she keeps it all when she wins.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw her raoming around HT on Friday evening. She was practicing with a fellow AZer who probably didn't know her and was just being cordial. I wonder if he paid her time at the table?

I told OMGWTF on Sat. that from what I saw of her play, OMG' would win...who would have thought that OMG' would lose $30.00 in table time.:mad:

I will help her out with the table time.:smile:

I am waiting for OMG' account of the incident here:

http://massiveunderstatement.com/

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
when i was 16 I was at bird bowl playing this guy and had him stuck close to 1k and he leaves to go to the bathroom. Im sitting there for a while and a buddy comes up to me and says...u think hes coming back? I hadnt even considered that bc his cues were there. I was fairly pool retarded at the time (now just simply retarded but a bit more pool smarts). 5 min later the guy came back and I was relieved. Before the game started back up though the late Tommy Brown, at that time probably the best nineball player in Miami, came up to me and said
"Hey how much you got that guy stuck?"
" Oh right about 800 Tommy"
"Whats he paid you Dave?" "
"uh nothing"

"You might want to go check to see what size shoes he is wearing Dave"
thinking about that line still cracks me up.

I got stiffed for close to 1500 that day. Gave me a rubber check and stuck me with like 50 in time.

I feel for OMGWTF. To get stuck paying time as well as getting stiffed is pretty much the icing on the cake.

9BallPaul

Banned
The real 9 Ball Paul (Paul Silva from Palace Billiards in San Francisco) would have appreciated his homegirl's steady nerves and relentless play under pressure as Melinda took down her opponent on a brutal table at Hardtimes.

(And I don't think the world is quite ready for literary criticism from the guy who filched 9 Ball Paul's name ;) )

Hey, I've admitted on this forum that I lifted my name from Paul Silva, the guy who robbed me of my bankroll in 1967 at the Palace on Market Street. I'd been doing well across the street at Cochran's but Silva put me on the road home, penniless. I figure the guy owes me something.

But I'll stick to my guns on my literary opinion. The lady can't write, and I gave up on her screeds many months ago.

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
I'm sure we'll all be treated to a 3,000-word account of this episode the next time OMGWTF publishes one of here miserable columns. Just hoping she can play pool better than she can write.

most of us enjoy her posts and blog. at least she was playing, how bout you? or were you to busy worrying about her word count to play?

cabilliardclub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
money gone missing?

Is this asian chick related to Tony Annagoni. Maybe they are teaming up to take all the money from the players of California!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I was in Olathe KS once and Whitey Walker was playing a guy (who I won't name) and the guy pulled the same move. Went to the bathroom and left his cues on the table and never came back. Whitey said, oh well I have his cues. Then out of the crowd comes a guy that Whitey knows and says, unfortunately those are my cues that the other player had borrowed to play with.

That's funny.

Getting stiffed twice in the same game is a little much!

Chris

(welcome back Watchez)

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Hey, I've admitted on this forum that I lifted my name from Paul Silva, the guy who robbed me of my bankroll in 1967 at the Palace on Market Street. I'd been doing well across the street at Cochran's but Silva put me on the road home, penniless. I figure the guy owes me something.

But I'll stick to my guns on my literary opinion. The lady can't write, and I gave up on her screeds many months ago.

"Paul", give it up man. OMG has a unique gift for writing and many people like her style. It's OK, for you to not appreciate her writing style, but to attempt to dis her because you don't is not cool.

OH......, I get it, you're trying to become a center piece on her blog. :idea2: Be careful what you wish for. :banghead:

JoeyA

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure we'll all be treated to a 3,000-word account of this episode the next time OMGWTF publishes one of here miserable columns. Just hoping she can play pool better than she can write.

I think her blog is pretty good. Better than most I'd say. I just discovered it last week from a link in Sarah Rousey's page.

I'd like to read the story in her blog, but so far all I can see on my computer at work is a milk carton with Asia Cycak's pic on it.

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
money gone missing? - Today, 08:42 AM
Is this asian chick related to Tony Annagoni. Maybe they are teaming up to take all the money from the players of California!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even this rip-off chick isn't that brutal!!! She can only do that to one player at a time!