Omgwtf

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I just got finished reading OMGWTF's Blog. http://massiveunderstatement.blogspot.com/ She's a real little spitfire. I guess it is rough being girl that has to go in strange bars to play pool in a league every week.

Reminds me of those Brooklyn girls I use to date many, many moons ago. I took one to the Valley Stream Drive IN one night. As I had bought her a coke and let her share my bottle of Jack I figured I had the right to try and squeeze it out of her. Wrong...she shoved a .22 cal. Saturday night special in my ribs and told me to drive her home to Brooklyn. That was the longest ten miles or so I've ever driven. She kept the gun in my ribs the whole trip. Every pothole I hit I thought the damn gun was going to go off.

I gave up trying to figure out who OMGWTF is or where she?s from. Just when I think I find a clue in one of her blogs... it turns to a cold lead just as fast. A few weeks ago she wrote about going to a Chinese Autumn Festival. A HA I thought, I?ll at least find out what city she lives in. It didn't take this detective long to figure out that EVERY City in the world had a Chinese Autumn Festival going on. Johnnyt

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
I just got finished reading OMGWTF?s Blog. She?s a real little spitfire. I guess it is rough being girl that has to go in strange bars to play pool in a league every week.

Reminds me of those Brooklyn girls I use to date many, many moons ago. I took one to the Valley Stream Drive IN one night. As I had bought her a coke and let her share my bottle of Jack I figured I had the right to try and squeeze it out of her. Wrong...she shoved a .22 cal. Saturday night special in my ribs and told me to drive her home to Brooklyn. That was the longest ten miles or so I?ve ever driven. She kept the gun in my ribs the whole trip. Every pothole I hit I thought the damn gun was going to go off.

I gave up trying to figure out who OMGWTF is or where she?s from. Just when I think I find a clue in one of her blogs... it turns to a cold lead just as fast. A few weeks ago she wrote about going to a Chinese Autumn Festival. A HA I thought, I?ll at least find out what city she lives in. It didn?t take this detective long to figure out that EVERY City in the world had a Chinese Autumn Festival going on. Johnnyt

Nice girl Johnny. OMGWTF!

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
Who is OMGWTF? She is supposed to be Asian. Some say her father was German. Nobody believed she was real. Nobody ever saw her or knew anybody that ever played pool with her, but to hear Helfert tell it, anybody could have played pool with OMGWTF. You never knew. That was her power. The greatest trick that OMGWTF ever pulled was convincing the world that she didn't exist. And poof. Just like that, you were broke.

I did stumble upon this supposed picture of her. Rep for anyone who knows where this picture is from...

mt1108496529.jpg

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
DeadPoked said:
Who is OMGWTF? She is supposed to be Asian. Some say her father was German. Nobody believed she was real. Nobody ever saw her or knew anybody that ever played pool with her, but to hear Helfert tell it, anybody could have played pool with OMGWTF. You never knew. That was her power. The greatest trick that OMGWTF ever pulled was convincing the world that she didn't exist. And poof. Just like that, you were broke.

I did stumble upon this supposed picture of her. Rep for anyone who knows where this picture is from...

mt1108496529.jpg

Apocalypto?

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
Drew said:
Apocalypto?

Drew, somehow I don't recall the Mayan's being into funky leisure suits with big collared shirts. I could be wrong though... :confused:

I think this was more the style...

bdiam.jpg

brewerz28

wannabe
DeadPoked said:

mt1108496529.jpg

"was that about the hooker with disentary."

Usual suspects..kaiser sergie(sp)

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
brewerz28 said:
"was that about the hooker with disentary."

Usual suspects..kaiser sergie(sp)

That's my boy! The correct spelling would be Keyser S?ze. Don't feel bad, I had to look the spelling up! :)

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Her work blog is also quite snazzy if you have a google account (it's free and to your advantage to get one). She's from Los Angeles, from what I've gathered. Pretty sure she doesn't try to hide that fact considering there are about 8 million asian women there :)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
She's real all right! And she can play too! This is one cute little gal, that gets a lot of respect from the guys that know her. I almost said "one of the guys", but I don't want to get my throat cut just yet. :)

I wished she had told the story about the last minute ride to the airport and the know-it-all cabbie. He knew more about the poolplayers than we did. Can you imagine? A genuine poolroom detective driving a cab.

Last edited:

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She is a total class act and very quick witted. She cooks fish with the heads still attached. I mean omgwtf?

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haven't seen her play but I've spoken to her and communicated via the web. Hoping to have the chance to match up with her sometime soon. She's one of the funniest writers I've read in years and I read her blog every week. Haven't checked out the work blog yet but it's on my list of things to do.

Brian in VA

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
better give her some good weight or I'll have to match up with you next. Shame on you. Picking on a poor wittle gurl for money.

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cubc said:
better give her some good weight or I'll have to match up with you next. Shame on you. Picking on a poor wittle gurl for money.
In reading her blogs, it appears to me that she only wants weight if it's needed to make a good match and especially not because she's a girl. I feel the same way. I like a match that has both of us focused and giving our best game. What could be better? I work for my money, I play pool for the entertainment value. The money is a way of keeping score.

As for you, whenever you're in Richmond. :D

Brian in VA

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
I once played a woman in southern California who had more tattoos than teeth. She was verrrry good. I wonder if it was OMGWTF?

Ant812

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ralph Kramden said:
I once played a woman in southern California who had more tattoos than teeth. She was verrrry good. I wonder if it was OMGWTF?
not likely being that she is always getting hit on.

Jeffrey Gale

My WoW stick.
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
I just got finished reading OMGWTF's Blog. http://massiveunderstatement.blogspot.com/ She's a real little spitfire. I guess it is rough being girl that has to go in strange bars to play pool in a league every week.

Reminds me of those Brooklyn girls I use to date many, many moons ago. I took one to the Valley Stream Drive IN one night. As I had bought her a coke and let her share my bottle of Jack I figured I had the right to try and squeeze it out of her. Wrong...she shoved a .22 cal. Saturday night special in my ribs and told me to drive her home to Brooklyn. That was the longest ten miles or so I've ever driven. She kept the gun in my ribs the whole trip. Every pothole I hit I thought the damn gun was going to go off.

I gave up trying to figure out who OMGWTF is or where she?s from. Just when I think I find a clue in one of her blogs... it turns to a cold lead just as fast. A few weeks ago she wrote about going to a Chinese Autumn Festival. A HA I thought, I?ll at least find out what city she lives in. It didn't take this detective long to figure out that EVERY City in the world had a Chinese Autumn Festival going on. Johnnyt

Your showing your age, that drive-in has not been there for 30 years or more.:D :D

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
seems like a nice young lady

OMGWTF seems like a nice young lady who doesn't tolerate fools gladly. Exactly like my half-asian niece when I think about it. They aren't one and the same however, my niece lives in the other LA, Louisiana.

Hu