Oscar Dominguez - good guy

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a post from Erik Hjorleifson's FB page about Oscar.

"So im doing well at the turning stone in the winners side final. Haven't made any posts yet cause I just want to stay focused but in the last match something happened that I have to post about. At 5 4 Oscar Dominguez was kicking and he hit it so hard I didn't think to look if he hit a rail after, turns out he didn't I still have no clue how, anyways I didn't know and he called a foul on himself......what else can you say.......he didn't shoot for the next 3 games and it swung the whole match in my favor......real stand up guy"

Hard not to like Oscar. If he's the future of pool, then it has a chance!

cuewould

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great attitude

well sir thats a very nice thing to say and yes Oscar is a real stand up guy.....Good luck to you both.............Ray Weeks

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Hell of a pool player and a hell of a man though I'm also sure if you ask Oscar, he'd tell you calling a foul on yourself is no big deal. :thumbup: ;)

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member

"So im doing well at the turning stone in the winners side final. Haven't made any posts yet cause I just want to stay focused but in the last match something happened that I have to post about. At 5 4 Oscar Dominguez was kicking and he hit it so hard I didn't think to look if he hit a rail after, turns out he didn't I still have no clue how, anyways I didn't know and he called a foul on himself......what else can you say.......he didn't shoot for the next 3 games and it swung the whole match in my favor......real stand up guy"

Not a surprise to me, Oscar is a stand up guy as you said. Then again the apple doesn't fall far from the tree either.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree. He's alright in my book.
It's too bad he's the exception and not the norm.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Oscar conducts himself like a true professional. His safety play and kicking has really improved over the last year. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

Nice tourney Oscar you are one hell of a player:cool:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Nice to see isn't it, specially in Major Tourneys as the Turning Stone.

His opponent could have asked, "Foul"? And the reply could have very well been, "Nope,
didn't you watch it".

Good that his opponent posted so everyone knows.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honor...perhaps the single most important ingredient! Oscar has it. Like BHr said, it's too bad it's not the norm...in amateur or professional pool. Personally, I've called fouls on myself for the entire 44 years that I've played.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At least a third of the people I play with would not have called it on themselves. Maybe half.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice to see isn't it, specially in Major Tourneys as the Turning Stone.

His opponent could have asked, "Foul"? And the reply could have very well been, "Nope,

didn't you watch it".

Good that his opponent posted so everyone knows.

Not to diminish Oscar's act of sportsmanship, let's not forget that he was on the live stream table. Nothing like the pool world watching to keep you honest.

Gideon<----suspects Oscar would have done the same thing with or without the stream.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I like both him and his dad.

Years ago during a interview he said his main priority was to get a college degree that he was working on and pool was more of a hobby at the time. He said that he didn't want to pursue his dad's business because he worked with his dad and seen how hard he works works doing tables. He also said that trying to earn a living playing pool didn't appear to be a good profession. I don't know if he ever earned his degree but he has become a great player for it just being a hobby, and I agree about it not being a good profession.

🎱