Outsville......... Q and A: Everything Pool.....

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Leather will dry out over time and dry rot... As it starts to lose all of the moisture in the collagen it will lose it's elasticity and the tips will harden up...

In humid conditions I have actually seen tips draw/wick moisture from the air....

A good bet is to get some tupperware containers and store your bulk tips in them.. IF there is no air movement then there should be no loss or wicking of moisture...

An even better bet is to aquire a cheap humidor and maintain the humidity levels around 50% relative humidity... 35% is too low and 70% is too high.... At least those are the numbers I have seen associated with leather storage.......

Food vacuum sealer, best ever

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Hey Chris, when will you have the blue chalk available for purchase? I am ready to get some.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Hey Chris, when will you have the blue chalk available for purchase? I am ready to get some.

"Deep Blue is in R&D... We are going a different direction on the formula for it.... Turns out more people than I relized are alergic to the dyes in chalks so we are researching some things not used curently..... I would hope to have by August and the BCA tradeshow.....

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
speaking of chalk, :happydance: I ordered the great white chalk last Friday and got it yesterday! :clapping: you just can't beat the service from outsville either, also got the soft/medium tip and having it installed today as I have a match this evening. will report on that tomorrow. thank again chris! :thumbup:

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
speaking of chalk, :happydance: I ordered the great white chalk last Friday and got it yesterday! :clapping: you just can't beat the service from outsville either, also got the soft/medium tip and having it installed today as I have a match this evening. will report on that tomorrow. thank again chris! :thumbup:

Looking forward to the feedback..... As far as the magetic chalk I think we are finally over the hump.....

We are shipping today to anyone who has been waiting... The first round failed QC as the magnets still had issues wanting to stay in... We switched from using a mesh to moving the magnet up into the chalk and using epoxy on the void... Came thru testing will an A... I would say you can still have one come loose if you drop the chalk several times and it cracks the bottom of it up but just taking the off and on of the clip won't be doing it this time :thumbup:

casting.jpg

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
I tried out the Great White chalk I ordered last night. I liked the performance aspect of it, but it seemed to be incredibly messy. After just one rack of 10 ball, there were white marks all over the table and the chalk itself seems to disintegrate easily during the chalking process, and I'm not a driller either. One of the pieces had some flaking/chipping occur during chalking, in which a pretty sizable chunk broke off. I would be interested in the blue chalk when it comes out, as long as it stays together better and doesn't make as much of a mess.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I tried out the Great White chalk I ordered last night. I liked the performance aspect of it, but it seemed to be incredibly messy. After just one rack of 10 ball, there were white marks all over the table and the chalk itself seems to disintegrate easily during the chalking process, and I'm not a driller either. One of the pieces had some flaking/chipping occur during chalking, in which a pretty sizable chunk broke off. I would be interested in the blue chalk when it comes out, as long as it stays together better and doesn't make as much of a mess.

These things happen when you are travelling west and aren't prepared for indians...

Over the last month I have had 3 emails that the chalk is still flaky and I have had about 20 emails saying it's great.... I started paying attention to how diferent people chalk and I have came to a conclusion that for some people the orginal forumal is just too soft... After years of having of chalking some people are used to grinding the cube with some pressure to get the chalk to transfer properly onto the tip....

When I formulated the first version I wanted it to stay together but to also go on the tip easily... Just lightly painting the tip with the chalk with out pressure will transfer plenty of chalk to the tip to get the job done.....

bzzzzzt.... Some people do NOT chalk that way... And since that is the case we now have a D formula... The D formula is a harder version of the Great White... Not as much difference as .98 to 1.21 Kamui but still harder..... I am trying to decide if I am going to continue to run the 2 versions going forward or just run with the D version....

With that said Baxter PM me your address so I don't have to look thru the archives.... I will send you the D version since it sounds like you will be a perfect person to give me feedback on the D version vs the original softer version....

Chris

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
These things happen when you are travelling west and aren't prepared for indians...

Over the last month I have had 3 emails that the chalk is still flaky and I have had about 20 emails saying it's great.... I started paying attention to how diferent people chalk and I have came to a conclusion that for some people the orginal forumal is just too soft... After years of having of chalking some people are used to grinding the cube with some pressure to get the chalk to transfer properly onto the tip....

When I formulated the first version I wanted it to stay together but to also go on the tip easily... Just lightly painting the tip with the chalk with out pressure will transfer plenty of chalk to the tip to get the job done.....

bzzzzzt.... Some people do NOT chalk that way... And since that is the case we now have a D formula... The D formula is a harder version of the Great White... Not as much difference as .98 to 1.21 Kamui but still harder..... I am trying to decide if I am going to continue to run the 2 versions going forward or just run with the D version....

With that said Baxter PM me your address so I don't have to look thru the archives.... I will send you the D version since it sounds like you will be a perfect person to give me feedback on the D version vs the original softer version....

Chris

PM sent. Thanks a lot Chris, as soon as I get the chalk I'll give it a shot and provide my feedback for you. Look forward to testing it out.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Lots of things going on but I wanted to check in...

Great White is up but in limited numbers... We are working on blue heavily so we are only doing Great White runs once a week Magnetic and Non... We are also working on an H version for players that don't paint their tip... Getting close but it cuts production as we test....

The Hammerhead is still money back guarantee... 2 months and no one has returned one....

Accu-Racks are by far the best templates out... good balls bad balls... good cloth bad cloth.. We do things you cannot do without us... it's been noticed so keep your eyes open...

Ki-Techs keep gaining traction... by summer to buy more than 5 at a time you wil need to be an authorized installer... this was a request from some cuemakers as we discuss OEM going forward.....

We are offering the overpriced tip/case protectors in the store for 1.50 each or 10 for 10 in 2 sizes!!!.... Gas and time vs convenience.... Will be doing custom cases at no markup... never.....

bout it this week... Working on some other things and will ask opinions but not quite yet....

pretty much all for this week.....

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
no deep blue..... Thinking I owe another care package...

IMG_2599.JPG.jpg

Attachments

• shroom.jpg
    shroom.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 291

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Great news today!!!!

Accu-Rack Diamond 9s are going to be used in the US freaking OPEN!!!!

Diamond9.jpg

AND!!!

So far the Facebook reviews on Great White's new release are blowing away everything else out there..

Add to that the Hammerheads are apparently going to be somewhere very nice by the end of summer I would say we keep getting lucky.......

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great news today!!!!

View attachment 384898

AND!!!

So far the Facebook reviews on Great White's new release are blowing away everything else out there..

Add to that the Hammerheads are apparently going to be somewhere very nice by the end of summer I would say we keep getting lucky.......

Well deserved.....job well done sir! congratulations :thumbup:

Green Hornet

Registered
Nobody's goin' hold me down. OH NO, I got to keep on movin! OH YEAH!

Great news today!!!!

Congrats Chris. Your hard work is paying off. Thanks for letting me help you out at the Derby. I plan on PMing you soon about the U.S. Open. Take care.

Your hittin your stride now.