Perfect Aim Video and Lesson Phoenix

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm on the wrong side of the USA...........

It has cooled off, and I thought you would be back to try, and win a DCT AGAIN? So you could play the Final EVENT?

Hi there Cowboy,
I would have loved to come back there and play but my teaching Perfect Aim has taken me to Virginia Beach, Virginia.

Still givin them thar lessons. Is that how a real Cowboy would say it? Maybe John Wayne.

I'll tell you what though. If a person wants to play alot of pool, Phoenix is the place to go. Always something going on and alot of good people that play pool also. A good combination.

Someday when I get older I might like to go there to retire. Right now I just get tired.

I'm trying to buy a motor home right now to cut down expenses on the road while I'm out here teaching Perfect Aim. It's really turned into alot of fun and most everyplace I go they have heard of Perfect Aim. In fact they say, Oh yah, your the Perfect Aim guy. Or your that guy.

Have a great weekend Geno............

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hi there Woody,
You said a mouthful there. By the way where is pool hell anyway.....????

Have a great day geno...............

Hi Geno, pool hell is a town of about 70000 in Indiana that doesnt have a decent poolroom. We had one room that was GREAT but it has closed its doors. There is one room left with 9' tables but the tables are in bad shape. I want to start playing again, but I sold my table a while back. So yes, to me and a few other people in our town, this place is hell LOL.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
70,000 and no pool room.....Ouch........

Hi Geno, pool hell is a town of about 70000 in Indiana that doesnt have a decent poolroom. We had one room that was GREAT but it has closed its doors. There is one room left with 9' tables but the tables are in bad shape. I want to start playing again, but I sold my table a while back. So yes, to me and a few other people in our town, this place is hell LOL.

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that. This is why I've stayed on the road. In the summer time pool just dies in Wisconsin. I couldn't stand it. I couldn't wait to get the new video done and get going.

Now I know why. Sounds like a good place to open a room ??????????

Have a good weekend Geno.................

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Now I know why. Sounds like a good place to open a room ??????????

I have always thought about it, but its a big investment in an area that hasnt really been the strongest for pool. Im sure if I got the chance I would do it, but I havent really pushed the issue.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's alot of work.................

I have always thought about it, but its a big investment in an area that hasnt really been the strongest for pool. Im sure if I got the chance I would do it, but I havent really pushed the issue.

Hi there Woody,
I had a poolroom/bar/restuarant for about 11 years. It can be very difficult but the main ingredient that I see with all successful poolrooms is an owner that is there alot and really cares about the players. Theses are the ones that seem to succeed.

You have to promote pool with tournaments and leagues and be there helping everyone all the time. Not just part time. In other words your whole life has to be all about pool.

I guess I'm still doing what I was doing when I had my poolroom. I'm feeling my best when I'm teaching Perfect Aim to someone and I know they are trying so hard to improve their game, knowing how much what I'm showing them will help.

After the lesson the big smile says it all. You can't buy that. It's called satisfaction.

A person can open up the most beautiful poolroom in the world but if the owner doesn't care it won't work................

Have a great day......... geno. Woody, you might be the guy............

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi there Woody,
I had a poolroom/bar/restuarant for about 11 years. It can be very difficult but the main ingredient that I see with all successful poolrooms is an owner that is there alot and really cares about the players. Theses are the ones that seem to succeed.

You have to promote pool with tournaments and leagues and be there helping everyone all the time. Not just part time. In other words your whole life has to be all about pool.

I guess I'm still doing what I was doing when I had my poolroom. I'm feeling my best when I'm teaching Perfect Aim to someone and I know they are trying so hard to improve their game, knowing how much what I'm showing them will help.

After the lesson the big smile says it all. You can't buy that. It's called satisfaction.

A person can open up the most beautiful poolroom in the world but if the owner doesn't care it won't work................

Have a great day......... geno. Woody, you might be the guy............

You need to stay healthy and hit some more balls. U.S. Open 9 Ball Champion title would be nice. :grin: It has been done by other players in your age group. Actually, every match, I just want to see you play your best average game, nothing more.

Good luck at the Open!
JoeyA

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Good advice from someone that knows............

You need to stay healthy and hit some more balls. U.S. Open 9 Ball Champion title would be nice. :grin: It has been done by other players in your age group. Actually, every match, I just want to see you play your best average game, nothing more.

Good luck at the Open!
JoeyA

Hi there Joey and thanks,
Got into a great motel here in Chesapeake. Got a good nights sleep and I'm using the ice to take care of things. My best allie right now is to be as rested as possible. Lack of play will just have to be. Can't make that up. Hopefully I can get in stroke in my first few matches.

Can't go to the pool room. Smoke.

I will keep that thought today. Great advice. Don't try to do to much. Get out when I'm supposed to. If not play a good safe.

Have you ever heard of Douglas Jones. I play him at 7:00 .

I will give it my all.

Thanks again Geno..........

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Woody, you might be the guy............

We have similar opinions on what it would take to make a room successful. And I know the feeling of helping someone with their game. I spent quite a bit in learning from different instructors and obtaining BCA recognition in the instructor program.

I have since moved away from trying to teach for a few reasons, but one of the reasons was that I never felt I had a good enough answer when it comes to sighting and aiming. Dont get me wrong, I knew all the standard answers, but I always felt there was something missing and no one could say more than just keep hitting balls and you will get it. I wanted to be able to give students more than that, but that was all that was being taught.

Lately I have felt a pull to get back to the game, at least to play. I am looking into various aiming techniques, and your dvd is one that is on my list. I know yours has to do with sighting than aiming so to speak, and will be glad to finally get a look when I get the chance.
Thanks for your input.

Woody

Play Well!

Dead Crab

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The original video was made in a hurry to suppliment a personal lesson. It was never made to sell all by itself. Once I had given a few hundred lessons and I had built a web site with testimonials we decided to sell this video as is because of the demand. I was still on the road and had no time to get back to Wisconsin to redo it.

Perhaps you should have said this upfront.

You already have the mailing addresses of everyone who shelled out $80 for the original, and those people bought it not knowing that you willingly shipped an incomplete (perhaps defective?) video. Why don't you just send all of the buyers of the original not-so-good effort the updated CD.

That would be the correct thing to do, both from a business and ethical perspective.

9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
dvd video

I don`t thimk Gene was saying that the video is no good, I think he meant that he originally was making it as a compliment to his personal lesson.

An since demand was high he decided to go ahead an release it fo sale to everyone, Who otherwise would not be able to attend a personal lesson so far away.

With all the great reviews I`m sure he released a good video. He came across new Ideas while giving lessons so he decided to update his dvd.

I see nothing wrong with that. The buyers are the ultimate judges, So lets just leave it to them to decide for themselves.

I know Gene, Though not personally and he never struck me as a person who would release an inferior product to dupe anyone out of cash. He always seemed to be an upstanding gentleman.

KC9ball

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sent you a PM

Gene,

I sent you a PM that might be of interest.

Hu

Hi there Joey and thanks,
Got into a great motel here in Chesapeake. Got a good nights sleep and I'm using the ice to take care of things. My best allie right now is to be as rested as possible. Lack of play will just have to be. Can't make that up. Hopefully I can get in stroke in my first few matches.

Can't go to the pool room. Smoke.

I will keep that thought today. Great advice. Don't try to do to much. Get out when I'm supposed to. If not play a good safe.

I will give it my all.

Thanks again Geno..........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The original video was made in a hurry to suppliment a personal lesson. It was never made to sell all by itself. Once I had given a few hundred lessons and I had built a web site with testimonials we decided to sell this video as is because of the demand. I was still on the road and had no time to get back to Wisconsin to redo it.

Perhaps you should have said this upfront.

You already have the mailing addresses of everyone who shelled out $80 for the original, and those people bought it not knowing that you willingly shipped an incomplete (perhaps defective?) video. Why don't you just send all of the buyers of the original not-so-good effort the updated CD.

That would be the correct thing to do, both from a business and ethical perspective.

Hi there,
Sorry you think that. You should talk to all the people that learned Perfect Aim and are playing better pool because of it.

The first video was not incomplete. The 2 new things I added I learned after the original video was done.

With the second video I was trying to make it easier to understand Perfect Aim. Just trying to make it better and I did. The meat of the video is still the same. The 2 new things were just a bonus to the good people that had already purchased a video.

Plus I get calls everyday from players all over the country. They ask me all kinds of questions about pool. This info is free to anyone that purchased Perfect Aim. I encourage these players to call me.

Every once in a while there is a defective DVD. Whenever somebody got one of these we have replaced it immediately.

I never promised to send everyone the new dvd. My decision to send them a copy of the new one for the cost of shipping and handling seemed like a pretty fair offer.

Regardless the info that a player can learn from Perfect Aim is priceless.

The best way to say it was the first video had more of that homemade look to it. The new one has a menu and is divided into steps so a person can go to that certain part. The powerful message of Perfect Aim is loud and clear in both of them.

I hope this clears things up for you.
Have a great day Geno....................

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   1
Geno,

Keep us posted on how you are doing in the tournament. Have you played your first match yet?? Always interested in the success of other AZ'ers! Good luck!

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
forfeited first match...............

Geno,

Keep us posted on how you are doing in the tournament. Have you played your first match yet?? Always interested in the success of other AZ'ers! Good luck!

Hi there MOJOE,
I got to Chesapeake about 2 weeks ago. Wanted to have a room and everything set up. Then I went to Baltimore,Maryland so I could play and practice without the smoke. They smoke in all the poolhall in Virginia.

Came back on Friday night. When they posted the chart it was kind of crowded. I was standing back about 8 feet because there were so many players trying to look. What I thought I saw was that I played at 7:00 on sunday night. When I showed up at 6:00 to play my match I was forfeited and saw that I should have played at 11:00 that morning.

I heard that they had switched some times because some of the players were in that Viking tour and were late. So I went back to the board to look. There was whiteout over the spot where the original time was and 11:00 was wrote in above this. The I looked down the chart and saw that another player also forfeited like myself on this same bracket. There were about 10 players that had their times changed that had been whited out.

I talked to one of the tournament guys there and he assured me that the times were not changed once the board was posted. Myself and this other guy in the same bracket were the only forfeits in the first round.

How do you look at 11:00 and think it is 7:00? Maybe I did.
I tried to scrape off the whiteout to see what time was under that. It didn't work to well.

Bottom line is I'm in the loser bracket. I tried to practice a little last night afterwards and had trouble even making a ball. That was a pretty big letdown. Needless to say I was more than a little pissed off. I can't even describe the thoughts that went through my mind.

The good news is I have until Wed at 1:00 to get my mind right and see what I can do. I would have loved to have 2 bullets in this tournament but I'll just have to see what I can do with one.

It's kind of like I'm spotting the best players in the world one match.

I will have my head right by Wed and I will beat that first guy for sure. I'm going to make some noise before I'm done..............

Thanks for asking Geno........................

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   1
Geno,

That is absolutely brutal.. I had this happen to me once in a large tournament, not on the scale of the US Open but big to me and I was certain that I wrote down the correct time the first time..

I cannot imagine putting up 6 bills to play and getting forfeited the first match, that is just wrong on so many levels.. Unfortunately, that is pool.. Best of luck to you in your future matches.. I hope you run right through em from here. Keep on pushing forward..

Peace, Joe

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Isn't that why Corey Deuel knocked out Charlie Williams?

And then Chewbacca came in from Endore and pulled Corey off--- "The Chewbacca Defense"

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Holly Cow !!!!!!!

Got the DVD today. To let you know.

Hi there,

I was never so happy to hear from someone. I wish i was there because I would personally run you through the Perfect Aim myself. Like I said before please call me if you have any questions what-so-ever.

Have fun. Thanks again Geno................