Pia Filler Makes History as First (and only) Female Pro on WNT

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Introducing Player #128 for the World Nineball Tour, Pia Filler!

The German makes history as the first female professional pool player on the WNT.

What I like about Pia is she doesn't use sex to sell pool. She's a serious contender. With Joshua by her side, she's got the best partner in the world.

440439836_818879973604940_8357870187973305563_n.jpg

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The German makes history as the first female professional pool player on the WNT.

What I like about Pia is she doesn't use sex to sell pool. She's a serious contender. With Joshua by her side, she's got the best partner in the world.

View attachment 755991

if it doesn't impede her women's tour event, good on her. she will likely drop off after a year due to rankings but so will/would male pros in that fargo range too

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 755991
Great news Jen and good for her! Thanks for bringing this up hopefully there will be more to follow.

There certainly are plenty that deserve this same opportunity. Siming Chen, Jasmin Ouschan, Kristina Tkach, Pan Xiaoting, and Kelly Fisher come to mind.

Scrunge19

Registered
I like Pia and think she’s a great ambassador for the sport but I’m not a big fan of her inclusion on the WNT. She’s just not good enough yet.

Matchroom has consistently pushed the Josh and Pia relationship narrative and honestly, I just don’t care. It’s nothing against either of them or their relationship but I watch pool for the competition, not the “Days of Our Lives” narrative that Matchroom has pushed with them. I would rather have seen someone like Kelly Fisher or Jasmin Ouschan get this spot as it opens up storylines for Matchroom to pursue while still having someone more capable of competing with the men.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Siming Chen and several others could really be competitive on any tour! Maybe this will open up the WNT to them as well. I've long said that a pool competition with men and women competing agsainst each other on an even basis would be great for our sport. How about the top sixteen women in a field of 128. You would see some shockers for sure!

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Siming Chen and several others could really be competitive on any tour! Maybe this will open up the WNT to them as well. I've long said that a pool competition with men and women competing agsainst each other on an even basis would be great for our sport. How about the top sixteen women in a field of 128. You would see some shockers for sure!
Siming Chen has no personality at the table. She could be very competitive in open competition but, while she is an elite player, she is not a top top player. Pia is just a better story, hence the promotion by Matchroom.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By competitive do you mean they could make a living playing with the men?

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought the women had a tour? Will she do this instead of the women's tour or in addition to?

Don't like it. But then again I must have missed MR's call when they were looking for my opinion.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 755991
She doesn’t use sex to sell pool….does that mean someone else does? If so who? I can only think of Jeanette Lee, and she was as capable ion the table as she is beautiful. Emily isn’t shy about her stunning looks and sharp looking outfits nor should she be, like Jeannette she has the chops first.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know a lot about the ladies' pro pool organizations, but Kelly Fisher is Players Affair Director for WPA. Not sure if that is a conflict with Matchroom's WNT or not, though. BTW, WPA has a brand-new website, at least new to me, and it looks a heck of a lot better than it used to: https://wpapool.com/about/

The WPBA has quite a few good pros on their roster: https://wpba.com/players

Also, I do wonder why is there a No. 128 now available. I thought WNT already had 128 players. Did somebody resign or leave?

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
I don't know a lot about the ladies' pro pool organizations, but Kelly Fisher is Players Affair Director for WPA. Not sure if that is a conflict with Matchroom's WNT or not, though. BTW, WPA has a brand-new website, at least new to me, and it looks a heck of a lot better than it used to: https://wpapool.com/about/

The WPBA has quite a few good pros on their roster: https://wpba.com/players

Also, I do wonder why is there a No. 128 now available. I thought WNT already had 128 players. Did somebody resign or leave?
Somewhere there’s a pool player that SHOULD be #128 and won’t be as a result of this foolishness.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man or woman, if you play pool for a living and WANT, truly absolutely WANT to be taken seriously and compete at the highest level, then why wouldn't you want to be in the best field of the best players? Regardless of what's between your legs? I wish more women would step up.