Players you *don't like* to play against...

Billy_Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't like to play against these players and will not play against them if I can help it...

-Players who only play by "bar rules" and do not know BCA rules.

-"Bangers" who shoot every shot as hard as possible.

-Players who shark / cheat, or try to win with their "mouth"

-Players who are poor sports and will throw many "temper tantrums" for any little thing, throw their cues around, bang balls on table when racking because they are mad, etc.

-Players in bars who wander off and don't pay attention to their game.

-The "cell phone" player. Always on their cell phone or playing with it.

-Players who are drunk or on drugs.

-Players who feel the need to explain to me why they missed their last shot and do this while I am lining up to shoot my shot. (I already know why they missed their last shot, but this is not the "excuse" they are giving me...)

SlickRick_PCS

Pool, Snooker, Carom
Silver Member
Billy_Bob said:
I don't like to play against these players and will not play against them if I can help it...

-Players who are poor sports and will throw many "temper tantrums" for any little thing, throw their cues around, bang balls on table when racking because they are mad, etc.

-Players who feel the need to explain to me why they missed their last shot and do this while I am lining up to shoot my shot. (I already know why they missed their last shot, but this is not the "excuse" they are giving me...)

So you basically just hate.... everybody, huh?

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Billy_Bob said:

It is probably good that we are on opposite sides of the country because I fit the description of 3 or 4 of your prerequisites of who not to play.;)

matcase

Blondie's #1 fan
Silver Member
I don't know if I hate to play them but sometimes it is bothersome to play against people who don't know what the matter is..."I don't know what is the matter with me today". I do, you miss to much.

Also the people who constantly have to tell me how good at this they used to be. Mostly because they probably were never that good. Just play your best today and be as happy with that as you can.

MrLucky

Pool Fanatic!!
Silver Member
Sounds like you play in ...

Billy_Bob said:

Dudley's in Lithonia GA ! :eek:

Slider

S.F. Bay Area
Silver Member
Been there... heard that...

matcase said:
I don't know if I hate to play them but sometimes it is bothersome to play against people who don't know what the matter is..."I don't know what is the matter with me today".

Also the people who constantly have to tell me how good at this they used to be.

Trust me, these are both far worse if they happen to be beating your brains out at the time.

Ken

A/VHomeStereo

Registered
Billy_Bob said:

Sounds like you prefer opponents that just lay down and loose quitely. LOL

I like to play people on your traits list. It makes me focus on my own game while handicapping thier own. It is the quite ones that scare me.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy_Bob said:

Im with you except i dont mind a guy on pot or other mild drugs as long as they aren't wasted. I do want to add however

1. The guy who plays on the next table banging balls around while you are shooting.

2. The guy who after shooting grabs the chalk just as you are approaching the table.

3. The guy who takes a bathroom break in the middle of a set without bothering to tell you.

4. The guy who complains during a casual set that the rack is too high or too low.

Im sure there are more im forgetting.

Last edited:

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
The only people I really hate playing against are the ones that beat me. Sadly there are a lot of them about!:rolleyes:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'm with you brotha. i'd like to add i hate playing when the whole pool room is empty and some jerk decides to play on the table right next to you (plenty of empty tables why next to mine?) and then looks at you like a jerk when you ask him to move for your shot. or when he insists on taking his shot even after your down over yours and bumps you

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
That drives me nuts! I have never been able to understand that, unless it's due to the quality of the tables. I can't see that being the case every time though so maybe some people just get a kick out of being awkward?

42NateBaller

AKA "Drambuie Dave"
Silver Member
I am particularly annoyed by the one guy who tells me how good he once was; must have been a champion from what he says. He's beat everybody in the state at one time or another. And, he's great friends with all the best players (but I never see a top, or even a really good player come around to talk/shoot with him; some friends).

I ask if he is injured or has some other disability now. The answer is "no, just don't play enough anymore."

I've been talking with, shooting with, and watching this guy for the last year or so. How long does it take to get you're game back when you were once the king? Gets under my skin after a while. I'm not a great player by any means, but I pound this guy mercilessly every single time we play; no cash of course.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
42NateBaller said:
I am particularly annoyed by the one guy who tells me how good he once was; must have been a champion from what he says. He's beat everybody in the state at one time or another. And, he's great friends with all the best players (but I never see a top, or even a really good player come around to talk/shoot with him; some friends).

I ask if he is injured or has some other disability now. The answer is "no, just don't play enough anymore."

I've been talking with, shooting with, and watching this guy for the last year or so. How long does it take to get you're game back when you were once the king? Gets under my skin after a while. I'm not a great player by any means, but I pound this guy mercilessly every single time we play; no cash of course.

Saying you "used" to be able to play is a pad statement to use when you don't want to show your speed but might have to to win. When you need to step it up it's ok because your finding your old stroke again.

no cash of course.......I'm curious to know what would happen if you did play him for money.

Gerry

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
Gerry said:
Saying you "used" to be able to play is a pad statement to use when you don't want to show your speed but might have to to win. When you need to step it up it's ok because your finding your old stroke again.

no cash of course.......I'm curious to know what would happen if you did play him for money.

Gerry

Most perceptive........

I just don't like to play poor sports. A bad winner is often worse than a sore loser, especially if you're playing bar table rules and luck wins the day....poke and hope they call it around these parts. Of course when something....anything falls they were trying to drop that exact shot...:rolleyes: If I'm playing bar rules (APA rules) and I get lucky, I'll acknowledge the luck and keep going, I'm not going to pretend I meant to go 3 rails into the hardest pocket on the table.....

McCue Banger McCue

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
Nostroke said:
1. The guy who plays on the next table banging balls around while you are shooting.

X5 :mad:

People at other tables in general....I can handle the sharking and slow play and all that crap on my own table.....just don't like the bangers, or the guys teaching inbetween our tables, or the loud idiots, or the 12 people, all located in tables around me :mad: