Plea to help Melissa Morris' husband

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member
Hi to my AZB family,

I'm posting to ask for your help!

WPBA player Melissa Morris (daughter of New Morris of Morris Custom Cues) recently got married...and her husband, Antwaine, has a very serious medical condition and NO insurance. Twan is a diabetic and has dealt with the horrible side effects of this disease since his early childhood. He spent years as a meat cutter for Albertsons but is now working a $9.00 hr job that nets him $1200.00 per month. This does not even cover the medication required to keep him healthy. The current situation is critical, Twan has developed Diabetic Retinopathy. He has a cyst behind one of his eyes that is compounded by bleeding. The good news is the doctor feels they can fix it and restore his vision, and prevent this from occurring in the other eye... the kicker is they will not do the surgery without $4,000.00 up front. Twan has applied for medical and got the letter this weekend , "NOT ELIGIBLE AT THIS TIME", when will he be eligible, when he is totally blind and cant work at all!! Then the state will be forced to not only provide him with medical care but financial support as well. So I am asking for some help from anyone that can find it in your heart and your budget...I am praying that I can reach 100 people that can afford to give 40 dollars or 200 that could afford 20 dollars... I would even be thrilled with 4,000 that could give a dollar each. Should any of you have any connections that would get us through the right door so we can get him the needed care that would be even better. Melissa has posted a link for information regarding this condition on her facebook page hoping this will help friends an family understand how serious this is.

If any of you would like to send a donation, you can send it to my Paypal at herndonmc@gmail.com. I will be seeing Melissa and Antwaine this weekend (Aug 6)...at which point I can turn any donations over to them.

Melissa also mentioned something on Facebook about raffling off a custom cue (Antwaine has been building them under the tutelage of Ned Morris)...and I will keep track of all donors and make sure that they are included when this happens. (more info on that when I get it)

Any little donation would be appreciated. Antwaine is a great guy and a promising young cuemaker...and I hope that together we can raise the money so that he can have the surgery and keep his eyesight.

Best Regards to everyone.

Melissa Herndon

Roadie

Banned
Hi to my AZB family,

WPBA player Melissa Morris (daughter of New Morris of Morris Custom Cues) recently got married...and her husband, Antwaine, has a very serious medical condition and NO insurance. Twan is a diabetic and has dealt with the horrible side effects of this disease since his early childhood. He spent years as a meat cutter for Albertsons but is now working a $9.00 hr job that nets him $1200.00 per month. This does not even cover the medication required to keep him healthy. The current situation is critical, Twan has developed Diabetic Retinopathy. He has a cyst behind one of his eyes that is compounded by bleeding. The good news is the doctor feels they can fix it and restore his vision, and prevent this from occurring in the other eye... the kicker is they will not do the surgery without $4,000.00 up front. Twan has applied for medical and got the letter this weekend , "NOT ELIGIBLE AT THIS TIME", when will he be eligible, when he is totally blind and cant work at all!! Then the state will be forced to not only provide him with medical care but financial support as well. So I am asking for some help from anyone that can find it in your heart and your budget...I am praying that I can reach 100 people that can afford to give 40 dollars or 200 that could afford 20 dollars... I would even be thrilled with 4,000 that could give a dollar each. Should any of you have any connections that would get us through the right door so we can get him the needed care that would be even better. Melissa has posted a link for information regarding this condition on her facebook page hoping this will help friends an family understand how serious this is.

If any of you would like to send a donation, you can send it to my Paypal at herndonmc@gmail.com. I will be seeing Melissa and Antwaine this weekend (Aug 6)...at which point I can turn any donations over to them.

Melissa also mentioned something on Facebook about raffling off a custom cue (Antwaine has been building them under the tutelage of Ned Morris)...and I will keep track of all donors and make sure that they are included when this happens. (more info on that when I get it)

Any little donation would be appreciated. Antwaine is a great guy and a promising young cuemaker...and I hope that together we can raise the money so that he can have the surgery and keep his eyesight.

Melissa Herndon

Anyone being mentored by Ned Morris has a bright future as a cue maker. Sending a little bit now. However I would suggest that he get busy building and selling cues because that will be where he could do much better than entry level jobs with apparently no or inadequate insurance.

Hoping that this young couple can come through this healthy and sound. My brother beat severe diabetes so I know it can be done.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sent a little something to help via paypal. Thanks for doing this, Melissa H. :thumbup:

Dave

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Melissa

Twan's a great guy. I hope things get much better. Twan and Melissa are two of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.

Tell Twan-'Burger' from Riverside says hello.

Thanks for letting us know about this, and the opportunity to try to help out .

Take care

'Burger'

ps: Twan still wear that wild glove when shooting? Only Twan has enough style to pull that off.:thumbup:

Last edited:

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member
Thanks to everyone who has donated so far. We are up to $705...so that is a great start! Really appreciate the love and support y'all are showing for a member of the pool community!!!

Melissa Herndon

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi to my AZB family,

Melissa Herndon
Please see the message I sent you it is very important to your friend.

ChazL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$ sent.

It's appalling that this can occur in one of the most affluent countries in the world-- but we all know that these situations happen every day. And now we're planning to balance the federal budget by further de-funding the so-called "social safety net" without any corresponding revenue gains.

I don't mean to turn this into a political rant and I really don't want to change the focus of this thread from the great thing that Melissa is doing to help Antwaine. It's just sad that we as a society can't find a way to keep this from happening.

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member
Macguy - replied to your message...thanks for the info.

Up to about $900 now. Really appreciate that people are opening their wallets in these tough economic times. There are so many worthy charities out there...and I have worked hard raising money for several of them over the years. But this situation is so close to home...these being people I know and love. It gets me teary-eyed that many of the donors may not have ever met Melissa or Antwaine...but they are helping one of their own (in the pool community) anyway.

Much love to all of you!

Melissa

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
Thanks to everyone who has donated so far. We are up to $705...so that is a great start! Really appreciate the love and support y'all are showing for a member of the pool community!!!

Melissa Herndon

Melissa,

For those that don't have paypal, do you have an address where they can send a check?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Macguy - replied to your message...thanks for the info.

Up to about $900 now. Really appreciate that people are opening their wallets in these tough economic times. There are so many worthy charities out there...and I have worked hard raising money for several of them over the years. But this situation is so close to home...these being people I know and love. It gets me teary-eyed that many of the donors may not have ever met Melissa or Antwaine...but they are helping one of their own (in the pool community) anyway.

Much love to all of you!

Melissa

Well, if somebody is going to get this job done, it's you Melissa.

Best wishes for a good cause,

Chris

biggame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you should post this in the action room, alot of people in there might know melissa and there is alot of disposabale money there lol.

bboxgrinder

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent a little donation as well. Wish I could have done more. Stuff like this in this country makes me sick. A lot of things need some change in the good ole USA and that is a FACT. My best wishes to Melissa and her husband.