Pool Team Names: Clever, Funny, Great, Strange...

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
grammar

So I was looking through this thread and found post #12..."Born to Loose"
Maybe Richardson will correct me if I'm wrong, but could that have been the team from Canada that we played way back when we took 5th at nationals?

They had some story about how the guy who made the shirts messed up but they didn't have time to get new ones. And one guy had a hot pink cue.

Maybe I'm wrong.

At the risk of being attacked as a member of the "grammar police", I think the team name was either "Born to Lose" or "Born too loose". "Born to loose" doesn't make any sense.

But then when I used the name "Ferrule Cats" for my league teams, very few people got it. Then one of my literate friends explained why. Most players could not spell either "ferrule" or "feral"...

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
This half season we have a very nice and great Vietnamese player on our team.

His name is Vi, but pronounced Vee.

Anyway, one of the guys said that next year we should change the team name to Vi's Guys.

Get it, Wise Guys, Vi's Guys.

BigDeal52

Don Pearce
Silver Member
Cripple Threat

We had a team called Cripple Threat. Three of us had leg or hip injuries; actually one of us was missing a leg. It was sort of a play on the phrase Triple Threat. I thought it was semi clever although we weren't really much of a threat. Did have good times though.

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the risk of being attacked as a member of the "grammar police", I think the team name was either "Born to Lose" or "Born too loose". "Born to loose" doesn't make any sense.

But then when I used the name "Ferrule Cats" for my league teams, very few people got it. Then one of my literate friends explained why. Most players could not spell either "ferrule" or "feral"...

Since you're already a member of the Grammar Police, why don't you sign up for the Reading Comprehension Corps as well?

"They had some story about how the guy who made the shirts messed up but they didn't have time to get new ones."

SirFitzalot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One APA team name I came up with was Rackless Abandon.
Back of our shirt was a hand holding a rack saying for those about to rack we thank you and the front of the women's shirts said "rack" and the front of the men's said "less".

My current team name I made up was
Rackless Knights of the Pool Table

Back of the shirt is a cartoony guy on a horse and instead of holding a jousting lance he is holding a pool cue and his shield is the rackless night patch.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Names

Searched for name threads.

Just joined a summer APA team with all low skill levels, nobody over a three.

right now their team name is "Team Name Rejected" ..APA is a little strict keeps rejecting their suggestions.

I saw these:

1. Alpha Cue (no way that gets past league op)
2. A-Rack-No-Phobia
3. I'd Hit That
4. The Balls Have Eyes!
5. One More Timeout, Please!

Last edited:

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My BCA 8-ball team name is "Suck It!!!" and I don't know why. It's not pool related at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
USB - Untouchable Sand Baggers. We came up with the name after one session the team was accused of sandbagging. (We weren't.)

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member

right now their team name is "Team Name Rejected" ..APA is a little strict keeps rejecting their suggestions.

I saw these:

2. A-Rack-No-Phobia
3. I'd Hit That
4. The Balls Have Eyes!

That kinda sucks. Here we can name the team what ever we want, they don't rejected until the team qualifies for the NTC. There are teams here with names like "Clean Your Balls", "Felt Up", "Don't Worry, It's Just The Tip" "Scratchy Balls", "Dick and The Chicks", "The Fabulous Beer Balls", "Alpha Cue 2", ....
anyways, you get it. None of those would be acceptable at the National Level, but we have a lot of fun with them here.
I had a team on Thursday nights, we called the "So Happy It's Thursday List" (S.H.I.T. List), I thought that was pretty good

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I saw these:

2. A-Rack-No-Phobia
3. I'd Hit That
4. The Balls Have Eyes!

Here's an entertaining list of team names not allowed.

http://www.poolplayers.com/tournament-information/team-names-not-allowed/

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because we are always late..Better Late Then Never

We are usually first done so I want to change it to
First Done