Predator REVO Limited Edition

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's mistaken, and so are you. The shaft size is 12.9mm period. There are no other sizes available at this time. If Bob has one, it's 12.9...just like mine.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Predator had reps as early as last year saying the shaft was planned on being adjustable in weight and size. Fully customizable to order.

All of a sudden 2016, the revolution begins....But only in 12.9mm

Predator should be honest with the market. If they have plans/capabilities to make other sizes-then customers might hold out for those preferred sizes, instead of "making the adjustment" and buying right now.

IMO of course.

And if Bob or DJKeys chimes in to refute claims he's mistaken in having a 12mm Revo, then the plot will surly thicken.

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
Predator had reps as early as last year saying the shaft was planned on being adjustable in weight and size. Fully customizable to order.

All of a sudden 2016, the revolution begins....But only in 12.9mm

Predator should be honest with the market. If they have plans/capabilities to make other sizes-then customers might hold out for those preferred sizes, instead of "making the adjustment" and buying right now.

IMO of course.

And if Bob or DJKeys chimes in to refute claims he's mistaken in having a 12mm Revo, then the plot will surly thicken.

Bob told me the shaft was 12mm, but he might have been mistaken, or I heard incorrectly.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
It seems as though Predator has put a ton of energy, research and development into this shaft. They've been perfecting shafts to make the game easier for a long time. I would think the size, taper and tip they've chosen were chosen for a reason.

I can honestly say I was skeptical because of other similar shafts in the past. Figured it was a gimmick. The 10+ balls I hit with this shaft was northing short of magical. I feel like if I got one, I would probably improve a ball or more instantly. It just seemed to hit the ball straight and solid, something I've never been able to do. lol

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
It seems as though Predator has put a ton of energy, research and development into this shaft. They've been perfecting shafts to make the game easier for a long time. I would think the size, taper and tip they've chosen were chosen for a reason.

I can honestly say I was skeptical because of other similar shafts in the past. Figured it was a gimmick. The 10+ balls I hit with this shaft was northing short of magical. I feel like if I got one, I would probably improve a ball or more instantly. It just seemed to hit the ball straight and solid, something I've never been able to do. lol

What other similar shafts?

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
He's mistaken, and so are you. The shaft size is 12.9mm period. There are no other sizes available at this time. If Bob has one, it's 12.9...just like mine.

Scott Lee

I saw Bob today and he told me that in fact his Revo shaft was 12mm, made specifically for him by the designer, Paul Costain. It also has a plain black butt with silver (chrome) instead of the shipping colors.

-dj

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's very interesting. I know he said he loved it, and would use it if it was in a smaller size. Guess that opens the door for different variations of the Revo shaft!

Scott Lee

I saw Bob today and he told me that in fact his Revo shaft was 12mm, made specifically for him by the designer, Paul Costain. It also has a plain black butt with silver (chrome) instead of the shipping colors.

-dj

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

-dj

The plot thickens.
Predator has the capabilities but won't advertise as such.

So I guess all the malarki about 12.9mm being the size for the most low deflection carbon fiber yada yada is for the slick glossy brochures. Translation: cheaper to make in one size in bulk and sell those first.

Thank you very much for this piece of information. It's nice to know predator thinks about the bottom line before the buyer/player.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's very interesting. I know he said he loved it, and would use it if it was in a smaller size. Guess that opens the door for different variations of the Revo shaft!

Scott Lee

Now, Mr Lee, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use your contacts and push to get answers as to who else they made custom sizes for and when they will get serious with the pool community and tell them when the other sizes will be available.

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
When I was at the SBE the rep said that the shafts were made in the US shop which from what it sounds like doesn't have the ability to do production. He said they are working on other types of specs but wouldn't say what they are going slow so they get it right before going production.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry Cardigan Kid, but you've got as much "pull" with Predator as I would. All I know is the Predator people at the SBE were ADAMANT that the 12.9mm was it, and nothing was going to change for the time being. Obviously that wasn't entirely true, with Bob Jewett's custom size. Since my Revo shaft was bestowed upon me, I'm not one to rock the boat. If you wish to belabor the point with Predator, be my guest.

Scott Lee

Now, Mr Lee, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use your contacts and push to get answers as to who else they made custom sizes for and when they will get serious with the pool community and tell them when the other sizes will be available.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I'm not sure I understand the question.

In post #63 you said this:
"I can honestly say I was skeptical because of other similar shafts in the past."

So I asked what similar shafts.
I had never seen anything similar produced before but I certainly haven't seen everything.
It sounded as if you know of a similar shaft being produced in the past. I'd be interested in the background of such a shaft, who made it, how long ago, etc...
When you said "similar shafts in the past..." what shafts were you talking about?

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
In post #63 you said this:
"I can honestly say I was skeptical because of other similar shafts in the past."

So I asked what similar shafts.
I had never seen anything similar produced before but I certainly haven't seen everything.
It sounded as if you know of a similar shaft being produced in the past. I'd be interested in the background of such a shaft, who made it, how long ago, etc...
When you said "similar shafts in the past..." what shafts were you talking about?

Oh, l meant shafts like Cuetec cues with graphite shafts or other non wood shafts in general. This shaft was nothing like those. I really was impressed.

SB8BALLER

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If predator has already made different sized redo shafts and different pins then they have already planned to do that. They obviously are just trying to sell as many of their cues as quick as possible. My friend bought the 3000 revo which he already had in another color and then a few weeks later the 1300 p3's came out. For predator to send out 12mm shaft and radial pin shaft, then they obviously have already done all the R & D on the revo and manufacturing in order to make them different. I guarantee it won't be a year until they start selling the shaft solo and with different pins. Why would they? Once they sold enough of the revo cue then the p3s came out, once they sell enough of those they will release the shaft. They can tell you a year of course, so you spend 1300 NOW to buy one because you don't want to wait. Its called marketing, which they have done with all their products in the past. I give it until the fall or latest christmas time

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If predator has already made different sized redo shafts and different pins then they have already planned to do that. They obviously are just trying to sell as many of their cues as quick as possible. My friend bought the 3000 revo which he already had in another color and then a few weeks later the 1300 p3's came out. For predator to send out 12mm shaft and radial pin shaft, then they obviously have already done all the R & D on the revo and manufacturing in order to make them different. I guarantee it won't be a year until they start selling the shaft solo and with different pins. Why would they? Once they sold enough of the revo cue then the p3s came out, once they sell enough of those they will release the shaft. They can tell you a year of course, so you spend 1300 NOW to buy one because you don't want to wait. Its called marketing, which they have done with all their products in the past. I give it until the fall or latest christmas time

I just wanted to update this thread in regards to predator and some questions surrounding the Revo.

After a phone call to predator and an in-depth talk with a sales rep, I posted some detailed information that was passed along.

Here is a link to my post:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5586579&postcount=249

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Side Pocket, AKA Scott Brazier.

I have to confess, at times I am very rough on my cues and I have a bit of OCD with keeping my shaft clean. With the REVO shaft this should no longer be a problem. Very excited about the REVO shaft.

Check out......The Break Room in Duluth Minnesota. They have a Facebook page and there is a pro tournament June 10th - 12th.

Side Pocket, any idear how Gene Albrecht did in this? I've been meaning to start a thread seeing how's he making out cause haven't heard from him in a while. Thank.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
. I guarantee it won't be a year until they start selling the shaft solo and with different pins. Why would they? Once they sold enough of the revo cue then the p3s came out, once they sell enough of those they will release the shaft. They can tell you a year of course, so you spend 1300 NOW to buy one because you don't want to wait. Its called marketing, which they have done with all their products in the past. I give it until the fall or latest christmas time

Yes, it's called marketing, just like every business in existence currently uses. Car manufacturers sells options, but to get certain options, you have to buy a "package" that includes several other options you may or may not want. So, seems Predator is doing what successful businesses do... gosh, thats so weird. Someone should call them and straighten them out ;) And no, I don't own or use a Predator cue, though I use a Predator pool glove but I blacked out the Predator name ;)