Pretty sure I got ripped off on a Ebay "Meucci"

WhatRobEats

Not as good as he thinks
Silver Member
I know i was taking a risk buying an meucci unmarked sneaky but in my eyes a true sneaky doesn't have Meucci or any other logos all over it.

First red flag the joint pin. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't all Meucci's come with a 5/16 x 18 joint pin? The sneaky is sitting next to my everyday player Meucci.
iVAVxp3oKXcHl.jpg

Second red flag, or dot in this case is what appears to be a self made dot, smudging and all. No I wasn't shaky with the camera it is smudged.
ibjz6wsVR3M830.jpg

Third is the hit it doesn't hit like the countless other meucci's I've seen and played with.

From my estimation the only thing that's right is the weight bolt.
iV3FRnuMwqHDD.jpg

The furrule:
inHWoV8RfNiXu.jpg

other side:
ib1TQSAhzrnDxp.jpg

So AZ what do you think? I got ripped didn't I?

Last edited:

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sure looks like a 5/16-18 pin to me just slightly shorter than the other one you have pictured. I've never seen a "red dot" smudge like that but have seen many Meucci's with ringwork or points that have bled under the clear. I'm thinking you have a real meucci there but I wouldn't touch a used unmarked sneaky with a 10 ft pole. For your sake I hope it's real.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not sure why you think that's not a 5/16x18 pin. It definitely looks like one.

Whether or not it's a Meucci? I don't know. But it sure looks like the shaft is not a real red dot shaft.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I had an unmarked Meucci sneaky once. The pin on mine was longer than that one though. I know they also put different weight bolts in them too. Allen head and flat head. On some of them there looks like there is a plastic insert where the weight bolt screws into the butt too.
Can you show us pics of the bumper on and off of the butt and the ferrule?

WhatRobEats

Not as good as he thinks
Silver Member
How much can you lose on a Meucci off ebay?:rolleyes:

Ken

No enough to be too concerned with. Plus it will be relatively easy to get my money back anyway if that's the road I choose.

I'll take a pic of the ferrule when I get done stuffing my face with pizza.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks Right

Looks real to me. If you measure the joint it should be around .820 diameter. If it's a fake it would measure .840 or more.

The shaft insert looks right. This is one of the easiest ways to spot a fake or replacement shaft. It's simple to put a longer Meucci length ferrule on a shaft so never go by that. Of course you can usually tell by the shaft taper.

Looks like one of their threaded pins. If it was some other make of cue, the threaded pin would look a lot better with a nice bullnose.

When a cue comes from the Meucci factory, you just never know what to expect.

WhatRobEats

Not as good as he thinks
Silver Member
Looks like the shaft has a crack in it near the shaft insert

Yep, it sure does. I think that might just be the super sharp picture though I can't see that with my eyes. This was a total swing and miss for me.

Last edited:

str8shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought the red dot marked the shaft grain?It looks like that red dot is 45 degrees off of where it should be.I'm not a meucci expert by all means so I could be wrong.

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Nachos ?? Cheese & Nachos ?!?

I opened this thread up ,.................. and yer eatin' just nachos ?

:(

WhatRobEats

Not as good as he thinks
Silver Member
I have a Muecci sneaky in for work right now and it looks just like what you've posted, short 5/16-18 pin and all.

Thank you Dan. Upon further inspection it does appear that the butt of the cue is legit but I still have my doubts about the shaft. I've already initiated a refund and will be shipping this cue back to the person who sold it.

I appreciate all the info and help in this thread.

Thanks AZ.

Rob.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Dan. Upon further inspection it does appear that the butt of the cue is legit but I still have my doubts about the shaft. I've already initiated a refund and will be shipping this cue back to the person who sold it.

I appreciate all the info and help in this thread.

Thanks AZ.

Rob.

In case the cue gets relisted...did the butt roll straight and was the cue straight or close to straight?

RyanTheImpaler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Signs are looking pretty good.

Ferrule looks like the 1" kind that Meucci uses. I owned a Meucci sneaky that had the origional shaft that was a "pre dot" shaft. I've actually heard that those older Meucci hustlers are more desirable so a bit of speculation on my part leads me believe that the cue is a Meucci and somebody tried to add the red dot on their own. My old hustler like this had short points but I've seen both short and long point Meucci sneaky petes. Best of luck!

WhatRobEats

Not as good as he thinks
Silver Member
In case the cue gets relisted...did the butt roll straight and was the cue straight or close to straight?

The seller mikie9999golf claimed that it rolled straight. But there was way more than just a taper roll on the shaft it is warped. The butt rolled straight. It did not come with an end cap.

The main reason I'm sending it back is because it is nowhere near straight and there are 2 chips on the bottom of the butt that were not disclosed in the auction.

8onthebreak

THE WORLD IS YOURS
Silver Member
Meucci?

If it were a Scruggs or something I would be concerned about its authenticity...but a Meucci,... I would shift my concern to playability and how much I liked it, less concern for brand. Just my .02